• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

True belief's

Do you have a true belief?

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    What are our belief's

What do you believe in more then anything else?
    Why do you bilive in it?

Do you even have a belief?
    Why not?

I just want to know because my friend beleves truly that Santa clause doesn't exist
    I belive he still does but now he's just the spirit of xmas. but i dont totally belive this

I have no true beliefs.

I just cant believe in anything fully but its never what i truly believe because i read something that changes my mind.

PLEASE DON'T FLAME EACH OTHERS BELIEF'S

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2008
    I believe that the only way to have a good life is to enjoy every minute of it.

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I have no true beliefs.
    Really, think about that statement. Beliefs become more and more complicated as we grow older. When you younger you believe what you're told versus what you actually feel. Only because we don't worry about things like religion, ethics, and feelings until we reach our preteen/early teen years. It's then that we start thinking more......philosophically, questioning what we have been told by society and when we start forming our own beliefs. And at 15, you can honestly say that you have NO beliefs? And please don't confuse what I'm saying as flaming, it's just of one of my personal beliefs that beliefs themselves can be as simple as everyday choices such as honesty, commitment, and overall patterns of though. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble.

Lol, I forgot to answer the question. I personally am Catholic, so my religious beliefs are along that religion. But as far as my everyday beliefs go, I believe in honestly, kindness, realism, and there are more but I'm a little tired at the moment.

Thank you for making this thread, it's made me think about a lot of things.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    No imnot saying i dont have any

im saying i dont believe em fully
    im buddist but i dont belive budda meditated under that tree for 49 day's

so if i dont believe in sumet fully i dont see it as a true belief

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I believe in things only if common sense, logic or scientific fact can support a sensible reason for a belief in them.

I believe that there is no God - because there is no valid proof to show the existence of him.
    I believe that there is no afterlife - because if so which afterlife is it? all the doctrines are flawed & we can't see them.
    I believe that putting your entire belief system based on a millenia old book (which is full of errors, contradictions, injustices and general bad stuff) just because your parents or culture told you to do so, is ridiculous; it is hardly ideal and can also spawn unnecessary discrimination and damage the lives of people.

I believe that this thread will be locked soon. ¬_¬

*waits for flaming..* =D

Last edited:

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • What are our belief's

What do you believe in more then anything else?
    Why do you bilive in it?

Do you even have a belief?
    Why not?

I just want to know because my friend beleves truly that Santa clause doesn't exist
    I belive he still does but now he's just the spirit of xmas. but i dont totally belive this

I have no true beliefs.

I just cant believe in anything fully but its never what i truly believe because i read something that changes my mind.

PLEASE DON'T FLAME EACH OTHERS BELIEF'S

DUDE.. SANTA DOES EXIST.. I see him in the mall during the Christmas season

Years
  • One belief of mine is that Santa Clause is not real, and his stories are created by evil people, trying to tempt children away from celebrating its actual purpose. (I am serious)

Jordan.

Last edited:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I have a lot of beliefs
    I was raised as a Christian, Mennonite by denomination.
    I agree with Zach805 that at a certain age, you start seeing things/thinking for yourself as opposed to what just believing what you're told
    I tend to think of myself as a logical person, and thus, I try to think clearly about anything before truly believing.
    A lot of the things I was taught as a child, I no longer believe.
    As you grow and mature, your viewpoint will naturally change with the level of comprehension and competence of your brain.
    You see things in a broader sense, and learn to think things through.
    As I said before, I have many beliefs..does that mean I'll believe the exact same things 20 years from now? certainly not.
    There are certain core beliefs I have which will never change, but generally speaking, some of my beliefs WILL change with my life experiences

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Nacon, don't spam up the topic with your inane posts. People have been contributing seriously to this thread, and it would be unfair of you to ruin it for them.

And just as a word of warning, if any flaming does occur, this will be shut down immediately and those responsible shall be warned. jwilso72, I hope it won't be closed soon.

Anywho, my strongest belief is that in God. There are so many things in this world that cannot be explained, and so I believe that God is in someway responsible for them.

One belief of mine is that Santa Clause is not real, and his stories are created by evil people, trying to tempt children away from celebrating its actual purpose. (I am serious)

Jordan.
    hehe, but doesn't Santa pass on a message of goodwill? Presents can be seen a metaphor for sharing, kindness and so on. Though many children forget what Christmas is actually the celebration of, Santa does tend to communicate a lot of Christian messages.

Funnily enough though the Santa we know today was created by Coca Cola, so you're probably right XD;

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • No imnot saying i dont have any

im saying i dont believe em fully
    im buddist but i dont belive budda meditated under that tree for 49 day's

so if i dont believe in sumet fully i dont see it as a true belief

Is this thread only about religion? You have to believe in something -- even if it doesn't seem like a particularly 'big' belief, like one about ethics or morals. You still believe something. You're just sort of missing them when you look.

I guess I'm a pretty spiritual person -- I spend much more time thinking about the concept of God, though, than of religion. Religion isn't for me, personally; it's faith people need. Faith in something, even if it's not religious/faith in someone/faith in themselves. I identify with a religion, but a lot of its followers completely, in my eyes, misconstrue and warp it for their own arguments. I suppose I hold to the belief that my religion is in my actions and my beliefs, not in my rituals.

As I'm growing older, my beliefs will change -- they've changed so much in the last few years as I've opened my eyes and begun to see things in a larger scale than what was around me, when the world began to have a wider scope than the sticks [I am so getting out of here XD;;;]. But they've stuck to some pretty core beliefs in right and wrong -- forgiveness [revenge is such a pointless act], trying to do the best by other people, peace, etc. the fairly obvious stuff. I'm not trying to be preachy or anything, though! XD;;; I fall short of my beliefs all the time. But I believe them and I try to do the right thing by them.

Lol @ Santa. Is that why Santa wears 'red'? [/irrelevant]

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Like i said i do have my beliefs but i don't see them as true beliefs because they will always change.

i use to be a Christian and believed very strongly in god but something happened to change it.

I had no belief for a while then we did Buddhism at school and it was something i blieved in.

But Im still not sure weather i believe in it.

But what i think of Santa is Santa use to exist but when he died he spreads the spirit of goodwill around

Back