• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Intro...sorta~Battle Frontier v1.5

Kanadian Kyuubi

Sauske gone Wild!
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2006
    Okay, they havn't redone Battle Frontier, but noting that 4Kids changed these scenes in a way already in the Season 8 intro already, they may be changing the Advanced Battle intro...again! The TR scene has been redone, no Manyula and sudden scaring, and Dustox was added! If this makes the Dub intro, they will still remove Manene but at least he will get "replaced" by the final team member that the dub has.

Also, the tree scene with Mew and Rukario (also replaced in the dub, with the Iron Tail scene from PSM), has been replaced by a animated version of scenes from the boxart of the new Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon game, which got released the day it aired (yesterday)! How's that for promotion? I bet alot of people went to a game store after they saw that episode.

Discuss

(if anyone has pictures, post them here!)

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Wait... I'm confused... who changed what exactly?

Are you saying that 4Kids changed the scene with Manyula... or that the Japanese did? Because... there's a big difference there. And are you talking about 4Kids having to make a new opening... or the show in Japan?

And I thought that they always had that scene of Mew and Rukario in the tree included in the dub intro... *ish confused* o.o

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Ah I see! Okay.... It could just be a promotional thing, or it could be some odd precursor to someone getting a... *shudder* Charmander. I'm thinkin' it's pure promotion though. It's pretty obvious that it's intended to be like a scene from that game. They better not give anyone a Charmander just to promote a stinkin' game; I'm really tired of seeing all these popular pokemon that Ash has already had. Why can't someone just catch a Rhyhorn or a Chinchou?? -_-

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I find it tiring too that they bring back the original three and worst under the control of May. But what with the depressed May? She cry behind a tree and looks depressed. I not big May fan but it looks kinda unpokemon like. With everybody being sad and one member crying. Whats up?

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • Oooo... That May scene makes pokemon almost look... *gasp* MATURE! I'm going to see if I can find the RAW to download somewhere...

Years
  • For a cheap promo for Mysterious Dungeon, doesn't that seem tacky to insert that in the series opening so blithely? Especially since the other past openings never had this happen before. Considering from what I see of the spoilers, the Dungeon stuff doesn't seem to have anything to do with the current storylines, unless there is going to be a cheap sideplot for it? Wouldn't be the first time (Snap).

At least they picked an appropriate spot to cut. The Mew/Rukario scene is a gratutity anyway. Just a plug for the 8th movie.

And no, I don't know why May is weepy here but I guess her neurosis have finally caught up with her, I guess?

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • So that's why they replaced a few scenes. At first I was like "Huh?! *rubs his eyes*" Since I don't keep up with the games, I didn't had no idea what was going on.
    As for May crying during the opening, it is to make the visuals match the lyrics, if I'm not mistaken. I believe a part of the lyrics goes like "...the smiling face with a few tears..." in that scene. Though you might want to double check this with someone who can speak fluent Japanese.

Pan shot image from that new part

Years
  • Yeah, getting rather off topicness with May's weepiness. Although at least Unown gives a logical explanation for the crying. Although given the peppy song, it's a little weird to talk about crying and things, isn't that what the past two openings are for? Like the last one? Eh.

At least Gengar and his group carry a nice note of ominous dread to it, as Gengar should have. T-Tar on the other hand, have the obvious dread of DOOM.

Either way, can't wait for the end of this odd promotion and get back at track.

Back