• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How should I tweak my team to improve it?

Years
  • Aerodactyl Lv 42
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Agility
    Ancientpower

Arcanine Lv 43 @ Leftovers
    Flamethrower
    Overheat
    Sunny Day
    Bite

Lapras Lv 43 @ Leftovers
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Rain Dance
    Thunder

Jolteon Lv 44
    Shock Wave
    Thunderbolt
    Quick Attack
    Thunder Wave

Alakazam Lv 52
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Disable
    Recover

Dragonite Lv 56 @ Quick Claw
    Dragon Claw
    Thunderbolt
    Earthquake
    Outrage

Should I replace moves?
    Should I switch items?
    Should I swap a Pokemon for another?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    Dragonair probably won't be much use since it's moveset isn't too good until it evolves. I would definitely get rid of Slam when a better move comes up since it's not very reliable.

You will probably only be using Arcanine for Flamethrower. Rock Smash is a really bad battle move but if you want it for outside of battle it's not a big deal.

Lapras is good, those moves fit it well.

For Alakazam I would replace Disable with another special attack like Shock Wave or something. You probably won't be using Disable much but if it has worked well for you don't fix what isn't broken. Definitely take the Quick Claw off. Alakazam is very fast and will probably be faster than everything you face so it will not benefit you.

Zapdos will benefit from an electric attack. Give it Thunderbolt or Shock Wave(preferably Thunderbolt). Replace Fly if you are not using it for adventure, otherwise take away Agility. It's already quite fast and will out-speed most of what you run into.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    Aerodactyl is a very versatile Pokemon and I feel it could be better. Agility is not needed for it as it is the fastest Pokemon (along with Jolteon) in Gen III. If you can, EV train in Speed instead. Switch Agility for Earthquake/Rock Slide/Double Edge. Also, Aerial Ace and Fly are both the same type. If you don't need Fly for the adventure, switch it.

I haven't used Arcanine, so not much I can help there. Though it seems to be a fire powerhouse and could do with some variety.

Lapras seems well set.

Jolteon can be enhanced with Hidden Power (Grass/Ice) depending on whether you want to counter Ground/Dragon. Toxic is also a good choice.

Alakazam, my only suggestion would be to switch Disable for one of the elemental punches or Shadow Ball/Toxic/Shock Wave

Playing a Dragonite comes down to preference. If your current one is able to hold it's ground, let it be. Though I would say Dragon Dance over Dragon Claw and Thunder over Thunder Bolt.

gaysperm_

Banned
    Years
  • IVYSAUR (lvl. 31)
    -Sleep Powder
    -Poisonpowder
    -Razor Leaf
    -Cut

GYARADOS (lvl. 32)
    -Dragon Rage
    -Hyper Beam
    -Bite
    -Rest

CLEFABLE (lvl. 29)
    -Dig
    -Water Pulse
    -Counter
    -Shock Wave

BUTTERFREE (lvl. 30)
    -Confusion
    -Poisonpowder
    -Shadow Ball
    -Flash

FLAREON (lvl. 29)
    -Helping Hand
    -Sand-attack
    -Growl
    -Quick Attack

im also gonna catch a pikachu and evolve it into a raichu with the help of a thunderstone.
    any opinions? what pokemon(s) should i add/remove from my team? any good TMs i have to/should get?

one thing is certain though, i wont remove ivysaur/venasaur or raichu (prbz not clefable either)

thank u ^^

Back