• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want to make a Fire Red hack.

Doctor Breeb

Wooper is pretty neat, I guess.
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Introduction:
So, here I am. Making my PokéCommunity debut. I, like many others, want to make a rom hack. I have read a lot of tutorials and have tried again and again to make a rom hack. Today, I want to actually make one without quitting on it. So I want to tell you guys my idea for a story. Tell me what you think.

The Story (Well, a small concept really):
You and your friend are major Pokémon fans. You guys go to your house to play Pokémon games. You and your friend also watch the anime and do fake battles with plushies. One day, you and your friend get together after school and link your games up for an amazing battle. You and your friend discuss how cool it would be to actually own a Pokémon and travel the world. That night, you dream as if you and your friend were in the world of Pokémon, traveling the world and gathering badges. You wake up in the middle of the night in dire need of a drink. After that, you go back to your room. Just before you fall asleep, you wish Pokémon were real and you could travel the region of Kanto. You wake up in the morning to find out that your wish had somehow become true, but this Kanto is not the same as it was depicted in the games.

Ok, back to me.
So? What do you think? Could it be better or worse?

I should also explain the "not the same" thing. It has a more serious tone in many places, different Pokémon are available, maps are redone, etc.

I plan on having the following features:
Running shoes indoors
Earn xp on Pokémon capture
Black & White repel system
Mega evolution (maybe)
Fairy type
Physical / Special split (also maybe)
Pokemon from Gen 4-5? (might have gen 6 as well)
New moves and abilities?
(Other features may come to mind)

I plan on doing this myself, but if I need help. I will make a team thread. If I make one, I will update this post with a link to the team thread.

I will also link the hack's thread here when I release a beta.

Doctor Breeb

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
It gets views, but it doesn't get comments. A couple newer posts that have been posted more recently have more views than mine. Is my idea bad?

Doctor Breeb

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
It takes place maybe around 12 years after Gold and Silver.

My experience:
Simple scripting (msgbox, movement, givepokemon, etc)
I try to make my maps nice looking
Made a level script once
Not a fan of replacing palettes
Not good at making sprites (pokemon, trainers, etc)
Custom Tilesets are a pain

I plan on inserting some asm routines such as mega evolution. I don't really know how to do stuff like that. I know somethings are as simple as changing some bytes. I also want new Tilesets and music. I'll tell you when I create a Discord. I've already created a town map. I posted it on the PokeCommunity Discord recently.

Back