• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WinterKirby's Thread of Mildly Interesting Trainer Sprites

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
After having a decent collection of sprites, mostly trainers, I've decided to post them in a thread.

NG0GA.png

aWK0g.png

This is the first Trainer sprite I ever made. I still use it from time to time, with edits to suit the need.

eJaSS.png

This is the first Trainer Sprite that I ever made from scratch. As you can see, I screwed up on everything but the hands, which were instead copied from official sprites.

OgCt5.png

This is the second sprite I made from scratch. It's a little better, although the shading bothers me. Again, copied hands. In fact, I've never scratched hands, because I hate them so. The Vs Sprite is also made by me, and I hate his face. He will get a new one in the future. OW sprite done by Pikakitten.

StZb5.png

Scratched again. I hate his face. Looks like crap. His Vs Sprite looks a lot better than the previous one, and I prefer it much more than his trainer sprite. OW Sprite done by me.

1lndK.png

More scratches. The first (definitely) female trainer I've done. Her arms look awkwardly shaped, and I hate them. I'll tie them behind her back and leave her in the basement. Her Vs Sprite is my personal best. OW done by me.

aiNQr.png

I sewed together various pieces of other trainers after butchering them in my basement it looks kind of bad to me. OW done by Pikakitten. Vs Sprite sucks and was done by me.

NW5k9.png

I've always found young women easier to draw. Which is why Jennifer (The blue one up there) was done pretty well in my opinion. Of course I didn't scratch this one, though. But I like it. Vs Sprite done by me. OW also done by me.

l2KjS.png
5LGx0.png
eIqlE.png
L8rQn.png
Oc76w.png
a1epH.png
bbzjd.png
deaxR.png

I couldn't decide on a color scheme for this guy. He's the male protagonist for my game (go check it out!) and I need to decide on a decent color scheme and I picked 8. Also his head kind of sucks. But at least I don't hate his face. I'm kind of partial to the orange hoodie and white pants.

TuXr5.png

9zxQg.png

This is my first splice ever. It's pretty good and even after years of spriting, I don't hate it yet.
Oh, and when I made it, I used GraphicsGale, and couldn't give it transparency, and I'm too lazy to give it transparency now.

2WUTx.png

Another early sprite. Consists of Crobat, Azumarill, Froslass, Lopunny, and Drifloon. Although the wings were kind of unnecessary.

ayTtL.png

Made this in my shop as a request.
Also go to my shop. Kay thanks.

hhEKh.png

Another request. Sharpedo and Flygon.

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
All of the VS sprites here clearly use bases, and it doesn't help the fact that the spriting style of their features doesnt match at all to their faces and hands. You should credit whoever supplied the bases as well as Nintendo for making the original vs sprites the bases were derived from. And for the record if you use parts from official sprites it's not scratch sprited, in case that wasn't clear.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
aiNQr.png

I really, really like this one. Something about it is just well done. The concept is nice, and I like her dark lips. Well done!

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I like those two lady sprites over there. Don't undermine your sprites so much, they are not so bad. But like Geo said I have a strong feeling you used bases. But probably the ones of the officials, so no problem.

Back