• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] How to get RMXP to work Windows 8??

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    Does any1 know how to get this to work on Windows 8? When I tried to run the Game.exe it doesnt open at all! Also, rpg maker xp says that it has an incorrect path or something like that..Help plz! I really want to make a game.. D: I never had this problem with windows 7..

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
    Years
  • I'm using W8 and haven't had a single issue with it. Can you post an image with the error? Also give more info to it, like saying in which folder RPG Maker XP was installed, the folder where the essentials is located....

If the GAME.EXE doesn't open, open your Task Manager, go into the Details tab and make sure there isn't one running already, just in case, if it is running close it and try opening it again.

I can only recommend you download the files again, sounds to me as if it's corrupted.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    I extracted the folder into the desktop, also I've redownloaded essentials like six times in total and its still not working D:

Also, I installed RTP in program files x86 common files, EnterBrain. I've also installed RPG maker XP in program files x86, Enterbrain. I've also did the TAsk Manager thing, there isn't anything running.

thor348

That's Oak to You
    Years
  • For a screenshot since you dont have enough posts, create an account with Flickr or DropBox or something and paste the URL of the uploaded screenshot here. But before all that, right click on rpg maker XP and go to properties. Then find 'Compatibility'. See if you can run rpg maker xp in compatibility mode for windows XP service pack 2 or 3. Then apply changes and select okay. Then run rpg maker xp. If that doesn't work, post the screen shot the way I explained.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    For some reason doing that made my computer freeze...I had to shut it down with the power button x.x.

But I also forgot to mention that with other games made with essentials that were made by other people, I can run them just fine.. Maybe if someone can send me a edited essentials then maybe I will be able to run it.. D:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2015
    i know how to fix it:
    1. go to computer
    2.go to to your disk c
    3.klick programm (if you got 64 bit ,klick programm 86)
    4, enterbrain
    5.rpgxp
    6.and than do a right klick to rpgxp and klick properties
    and klick open as admin.....

i hope you understand me
    my english is not so good
    but it work .
    ive got windows 8 tooo

Back