• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-Cell Phonery-

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    One of the myriad wonders of century 21, and they're becoming more and more vital all the time in our ephemeral society.
    Posts about most anything- which phone you have, troubleshooting, tips/tricks*, etc.

Admittedly, I was inspired to make this due to a conundrum of my own. We're getting the standard two-year phone upgrade on our AT&T phones, and I'm wondering which one to get. The only parameters I really have are this: I don't want to pay more than 50 dollars for the phone itself, and I want something with a keyboard, or perhaps a touch screen. I'd just like to see some opinions.

*- Here's a small something: If you can't unlock your car, call somebody with access to the little remote. Clicking "unlock" should work over the phone. Haven't done much research, but nearest I can tell, cells can transfer radio waves in addition to basic sound waves.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    There is a $39.99 plan for 450 anytime minutes and 5,000 nights and weekend minutes. But adding unlimited texting will run you $20 and and data is not unlimited on the smartphones ($15/200 MB or $25/2 GB) but is unlimited on basic phones for I believe $15 or $20 (estimate).

You could try pre-paid carriers like MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, and Boost Mobile, Net10 if you want to pay less. $40-50 for unlimited everything on Metro depening on your phone model. $50 on Boost and Net10. Virgin has $40 for 1,200 minutes plus unlimited messaging and data (downgrade to 300 minutes for $25 or upgrade to unlimited for $60).

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    We tried the Metro PCS thing, but we eventually decided against it. My dad works out-of-town a bunch, and their signal is not the best.

I'm honestly unsure how much we're paying. We skipped out on the media stuff and there's been issues with accidentally accessing the internet, and all this stuff...

And yeah, unlimited for AT&T is 15 or 20, depending on the phone. I'm okay with paying that as well.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I have a really old Samsung Glyde on a basic Verizon family plan. I loathe it oh so much. The screen is too small for a touch user and it's too damn unresponsive when you need it to be (i.e. when you're using it) but it's too responsive when you don't (when it's in your pocket). The OS is horrible, the keyboard is too stiff and hard to use, and the battery life is pathetic.

My recommendation: DO NOT GET.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • ...Phones and TVs, making me look technologically illiterate since the dawn of the cell phone and the advent of multiple remotes.

I have a psuedo smartphone Verizon LG that appears to have gone out of it's way to break Ebuddy so that I can't use it anymore just so I have to use it's cruddy built in IM app. *RAGE*

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Okay, I've been looking at some reviews, and I think I've settled on the Samsung Flight. Case closed, unless I hear otherwise. ^^

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Backflip, Blackberry Bold 9700, and HTC Aria are some pretty good AT&T phones.

iPhone 4 is a great phone. I have it and love it, but if it's too much, you should wait for the Samsung Galaxy S. The Galaxy S will be AT&T's soon to be best Android phone. If you don't wanna wait, the backflip is a nice android phone with Motorola's MOTOBLUR. Blackberry Bold 9700 is a great messaging phone but it's browsing isn't the greatest. And finally, the HTC Aria is a just a pretty nice phone overall. My recommendations would be like so:

1. iPhone 4
    2. Galaxy S
    3. Backflip
    4. Aria
    5. Bold 9700

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • If you're looking for a prepaid phone, steer away from the Motorola C139. It's slower than molasses on a cold day.
    Seriously, I had to wait 5 minutes before I was able to place a call... NOT very good for an emergency situation.

I don't know if this works outside of the US, but...
    On a mobile phone, you can remotely access the Voicemail for any land line phone by dialing that land phone's number, and after the greeting, press the Star key. You'll then be prompted to enter the PIN or pass code. This was an accidental discovery on my behalf.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    My Flight has arrived. \o/ fun little thing it is, too.

I still have one snag in my undies, though- I've been attempting to play Emerald through emulator, and it won't accept a simple .jar file. Anybody got a solution?

Last edited:
    Back