• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Monster Breeder [Original]

Years
  • 0DifE17.gif

The code is available on GitHub
    Placeholders graphics are very placeholder!

An explanation of what's going on is that there are two parents, who also have parents in their code, who's attributes are weighted in a certain ratio to choose which features the child has. These are all the same parents of all these children, but because their looks can include their grandparents you get more variety.

I've been playing with a prototype for monster breeding in Unity, but I thought I might open it up to everyone to suggest features or directions in which a game like this could go. It would most likely be a menu based game, not an RPG overworld game, where the goal is to get desirable looks. Could possibly accept breeding requests, and have more activities based on monster stats as well. Unity has the capabilities to make a mobile game, and I think that could fit in.

I am not looking for any team members, but feedback and brainstorming would be appreciated. Eventually I would team up with monster designers, but right now I am still making prototype systems.

cQmHeOH.gif

Q4CLuXE.gif

Last edited:
    Back