• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG OU team

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiraku

smooth criminal
Years
  • I know that not many people play HG, but I lent white to my mum and she liked thus decided to keep it......

any way, I decided to make an OU team, it's 3 pokemon so far, so any inspiration grately recived.
    Porygon-z:
    - Tri Attack
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hyper Beam
    Item Attached: Silk Scarf
    Ability: Adaptability
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

Forretress:

- Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Explosion
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

Rypherior:
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Megahorn
    - Avalance
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    Trait: Solid Rock
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi there! :D

So, I'm not really all that great with Gen 4, but I do have a bit of advice for you.

Because you're running a Timid Nature on Porygon-Z, I don't think you really need Hyper Beam. I'm assuming you're using Hyper Beam to deal with Blissey and the likes, but you're only guaranteed a OHKO with a Modest Nature, Adaptability, Nasty Plot boost, etc. So, since you're already forgoing power for other strategic purposes, I think Hidden Power [Fighting] will benefit your Porygon-Z more than Hyper Beam would. HP [Fighting] helps Porygon-Z deal with Rock and Steel types that resist Tri Attack and still gets a super effective hit on Blissey.

For Forretress, I think you should replace Stealth Rock with Rapid Spin. It gives Forretress extra utility in battle and saves your team from entry hazard damage. Also, since you're not using Earthquake to deal with Magnezone, I think the Shed Shell will come in handy.

Rhyperior needs Substitute to help absorb the blows and scout your opponent's attacks / use of Choice items.

And that's all I got. :3 Unfortunately, the raters here can't look at your Pokemon and determine what else should be on your team. So, whenever you have an idea of what other Pokemon you'd like to use, let us know and we will be more than happy to help! c:

Years
  • Hmm...

For Porygon-Z, I highly don't recommend Hyper Beam, just because of the fact that it's easily revenge killed afterwards, and as Alexial357 had said, HP fighting is a lot more useful. Also, Life Orb is a lot more useful than Silk Scarf. For Forretress, use

Get a Ghost type as a spinblocker. (I recommend Choiced Rotom-H, as it takes care of Forretress, Starmie, Tentacruel, and Blastoise, the common Rapid Spinners in OU.) Ghost types also provide a useful fighting immunity, in which your Porygon-Z and Rhyperior are weak to. A Water Absorb poke could be useful to take Water type attacks that Rhyperior wouldn't like taking.

Don't really know what else to say, good luck.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I'm late to this, but either way, teams need to be complete or at least pretty close to being complete. Three Pokemon is more of a thought than a team. If you're still in need of inspiration as you have said, Smogon's DP Pokedex is good to browse. Its Gen 4 RMT Archive is also a good idea. Either way, it's difficult to provide useful rates for only half of a team. You can always use the moveset request sticky if you need it, but this is in violation of the rules so I have to lock it. :(

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back