• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creating new "Encounter Terrain-Tag"

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Hi guys,
I'm trying to create a new Encounter method for use in "Tall Grass"-esque flower patches, similar to Pokémon X and Y, however, I'm not especially good at RGSS, and the documentation on the wiki is quite lackluster, so I ask here.

How do I create a new terrain-tag, where wild battles occur, which can use an Encounter method separate from the "Land Encounter"?

I have been able to create the Encounter method itself, so I can add Pokémon which appear in that encounter, but I am unable to create a terrain-tag where these encounters occur.

Thanks in advance!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
What do you mean?

You've got the encounters to work, but you want them to only appear on say terrain tag 30, which would be placed on a map with grass and water?

This took me a long time to figure out myself, but I don't want to ramble on if you have it working already ^_^

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
No no, I mean, I don't know how to make a tile, for example, a flower patch, work as a wild-grass-tile, but with a separate list of Pokémon from normal grass.

I have managed to create a list, but I don't know how to tie it to the tile.

There is Land, Water, Cave, etc. encounters
Land = Wild Grass and Tall Grass = Terrain tag #2 & #10
Water = Water (duh) = Terrain tag #5, #6 & #7

I have added "Flowers" as an encounter-method, just like Land and Water, since there was a tutorial on the Essentials wiki, but there was no continuation, so I don't know how to assign that encounter-method to a new terrain-tag, for example #15.

This means I can create a list of Pokémon that should appear, but cannot make a tile WHERE they appear.

...If that makes any sense.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
No no, I mean, I don't know how to make a tile, for example, a flower patch, work as a wild-grass-tile, but with a separate list of Pokémon from normal grass.

I have managed to create a list, but I don't know how to tie it to the tile.

There is Land, Water, Cave, etc. encounters
Land = Wild Grass and Tall Grass = Terrain tag #2 & #10
Water = Water (duh) = Terrain tag #5, #6 & #7

I have added "Flowers" as an encounter-method, just like Land and Water, since there was a tutorial on the Essentials wiki, but there was no continuation, so I don't know how to assign that encounter-method to a new terrain-tag, for example #15.

This means I can create a list of Pokémon that should appear, but cannot make a tile WHERE they appear.

...If that makes any sense.
Yeah I get it, take a look at this tutorial it may help you

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238730

Back