• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why am I so unlucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
  • First off, allow me to apologize if this is in an incorrect sub-forum. I didn't see any other forum that answered a question similar to mine, and I don't know if there is another sub-forum in relation to my problem.

Ok.. so first off.. this question has to do with Breeding.. but not necessarily what Pokemon I can breed, rather the natures my Pokemon gets from being bred.

I'm going to explain my problem, and then ask a few questions in relation to the problem.. If anyone can answer them, I would be grateful. Thank you.

==============

Alright. So here's my problem:

Over the last 3 days now, for around 2 hours each day, I've been vigorously breeding a Blissey with a Roselia in an attempt to get a Chansey that knows Aromatherapy. I know that the best nature for a Chansey is Bold, and I know that there are 25 natures in the game; meaning I only have a 1/25 chance to get the right nature.

But this is where I have a bigger problem. I don't breed 1 at a time... I breed FIVE. I have a 5/25 chance of getting a Chansey with a Bold Nature. Keep that statistic in mind.

So, judging that each Chansey egg takes roughly 10,000-11,000 steps to hatch, and I've spent 2 hours each day for the past 3 days doing JUST this, I can hatch maybe 35-40 eggs every 2 hours (judging that I hatch 5 at a time).

Now.. let me put that into perspective. I've hatched roughly 120-140 Chansey's over the course of 3 days... and not a SINGLE one has had a Bold Nature. Meaning that my luck is either absolutely horrid, or there's a problem with my breeding.

5/25 Chance, you'd think I'd get at least one of the 5 chansey's to have a bold nature every 5 batches of eggs I had hatched, but this is not the case.

Now this is where my swarm of Questions come into play:

===============

1. Do the natures of the Parent Pokemon affect the Nature of the baby?

2. What is the percentage of a 1/25 chance, let alone a 5/25 chance?

3. Will Soft-Resetting change the Nature/IV's of the baby pokemon prior to hatching; similar to the Honey Tree trick?

4. Is it even POSSIBLE for a Happiny/Chansey to have a Bold Nature?

...and now for a Bonus Question.

========

?. Judging how many Chansey's I've hatched, each having a 1/25 chance of having a Bold Nature.. what would my percentage of getting a Bold be in relation to the chances of a Shiny Pokemon?

I greatly appreciate any advice/tips that anyone can give me. This has been a bothersome task I've put myself through for many many days, and I just need to know if it's dependent on luck at this point. Thanks again!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This doesn't belong here but I'll answer your questions before I lock it.

1. Do the natures of the Parent Pokemon affect the Nature of the baby?

Only if either one is holding an Everstone.

2. What is the percentage of a 1/25 chance, let alone a 5/25 chance?

1 divided by 25 is .04, or a 4% chance. 5 divided by 25 is .2, or a 20% chance.

3. Will Soft-Resetting change the Nature/IV's of the baby pokemon prior to hatching; similar to the Honey Tree trick?

No. The IVs and nature are set once you receive the egg, not once it hatches.

4. Is it even POSSIBLE for a Happiny/Chansey to have a Bold Nature?

Yes.

?. Judging how many Chansey's I've hatched, each having a 1/25 chance of having a Bold Nature.. what would my percentage of getting a Bold be in relation to the chances of a Shiny Pokemon?

Your percentage of getting a Bold nature is 1/25 for each egg regardless of the other eggs that have already hatched. Your chance of getting a shiny is 1/8192, or 0.012%. Fun fact though: you would have to hatch around 220 eggs before the chances of them all being non-Bold natured matches the chances of getting a shiny.

Edit: I'm not sure I answered your actual question here. Shiny is .012% chance, Bold is 4% chance. Bold is about 333 times more likely to occur than shiny.

You can look at Bulbapedia for more answers on this, or post in the quick questions thread for the game you're playing, or PM me. Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back