• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Cooking Up A Sweet Story" Episode Discussion

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
  • First of all!!! Super thankies to Ichi and Dark Charaxes for letting me do this episodes!!! Super thankies!!! *hugs*

Okies now!!! Let discuss the final episode for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl until the fall season!!!!

So lets discuss the episode Cooking Up A Sweet Story!!!!

My review come later!!! Sweet!!!! Teeheehee

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • Guess I have to be faster next time. I guess I'll see if I can do the next one in a few months. :)

I didn't see the full episode, so I have to wait for the torrent or for it to show up on youtube, then I can make my review.

Years
  • Well, if Icha, Reyna, and me all suddenly die by...a meteor, then you're in, Chris! Heh.

Anyway, for the last English episode for a while, I'm mixed. First off, who knew Granny was such a sadist with the bolts like Ash(Thunderbolting an unconscious Seviper -- that's just harsh)? That said, it was nice to see Ash be an upstanding citizen, for I know I wouldn't give my best Pokemon to a woman whose character I have no knowledge of. And who could be possibly be senile! Heh.

Beyond that, it was nice to see a Berry mecha for once, and when was the last time we saw a Raichu? Not to mention, what a butt-kicker it was -- it's been a while. I wish I could say more, but I'll wait for Dogasu.

And, now, onto the hiatus! Huzzah!

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Thankies lots Dark Charaxes and Ichi!!! *hugs* Still lots of luck Chris on beating Dark Charaxes and Ichi. Teeheehee

I never notice that about Ash and Pikachu. That is kinda mean.

There wasn't much about this episode. It was really cute and everything but I think this could have been better if it was a female pikachu with it cute heart tail. Still it was okies.

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    so.. how long until the next new english episode? why was this the final one?

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • This is the final episode becuase the season is done o.o And I have not watched it yet I was out when it was showing:( So I have to wait till its on youtube <_<

Rad_Riardos

PokeMaster
    Years
  • Dang, I didn't know this was the final episode until the fall season. That sucks.

But that Raichu is truly an owner, like my Raichu, which is now my second best electric type. Plus she entered the grand festival with her Pikachu, and I won all my ribbons with my Pikachu((Hoenn contests, All ranks in Cool and all Normal ranks in everything else)), but I evolved my Pikachu into Raichu in Sinnoh. Now I'm searching for a Focus Punch TM. lawl.

But that stinks that there's no more episodes for awhile. That was a short season. It came out for a month and season 10 is already done.... But I want to see a Luxray in the series. Now that would own....

Overall, it was another side-tracked and kind of pointless episode.

Years
  • Dang, I didn't know this was the final episode until the fall season. That sucks.

But that stinks that there's no more episodes for awhile. That was a short season. It came out for a month and season 10 is already done....

It's not the season finale, but more a season hiatus. Besides, it would be an insipid way to conclude a season, anyway. After all the episodes CN has been burning through, wouldn't you like a break? Heh.

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    anyone know when they are gonna start sending it again on CN?

Rad_Riardos

PokeMaster
    Years
  • No! I'd keep burning out episodes for the hopes of the fans. D:<

j/k. You have a point, but I hate it when shows like this takes abrupt stops. It doesn't have alot of episodes to repeat anyways, and it will be a long time until fall. I don't want to wait that long.

*goes to look up japanese episodes*

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    You're welcome, Reyna. I didn't really need to take this one, anyway...

Guess I have to be faster next time. I guess I'll see if I can do the next one in a few months. :)

IN. YOUR. DREAMS. Like I told you before, the episodes are taken.

Anyway...I was kind of surprised to see Ash let someone else be Pikachu's trainer, even if it was for just a little while. I mean, what would have happened had she tried to call Pikachu back into its Pokeball? XP That would have been interesting...but, at least we get Team Rocket almost ruining the whole thing...TWICE. I'm not sure why, but it kind of made me...happy, of all things.

Oh, and probably one of the best dub lines as of late:

Dawn: "Where does [Croagunk] take him to?"

Not the exact wording, yes, but it was still pretty funny to hear. I think that line probably "cracked" the fourth wall (...yes, the same fourth wall TR breaks apart at least five times a season, not counting the movies).

...Oh yeah, weren't the new episodes supposed to start airing again next month? :P

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I thought Ash said that thing about Crokgunk. Still that was funny when she did say that. I kinda find it funny when they do break the fourth wall but I like it better when Team Rocket does it. Still was that really breaking the wall?

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • IN. YOUR. DREAMS. Like I told you before, the episodes are taken.

It's like being rejected from the cool club in Junior High all over again, except I'm only crying on the inside... :'( But on to the review.

Really, nothing really stood out that much. Ash being cool with Granny borrowing Pikachu almost all the episode and then he gets all clingly and blows everything in a few seconds, but of course Granny knew all along. The best part of the episode had to be Raichu. Focus Punching and TBolting were definitally badass. Makes me want to use my old SubPunch Raichu in D/P. Almost... And what was up with that girl's van? The 60's called, they want their Volkswagon back.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yay! Someone posted it on YouTube AT LAST. I've had to watch every single D/P episode there because its not out here. I did the same with the Battle Frontier. The UK should show the first 3 episodes in a few weeks because the games will have came out by then. Anyway, I've just finished watching. Here are my notes:

- Can't remember the BGM played after the opening being played for a while
    - LOL at the twerps tricking an old lady!
    - Regi battle BGM!
    - Yay Staravia! I love its voice because its hilarious. Aww it was punched by Team Rocket XD
    - I didn't know you say Aspear As-pear, I've always pronounced it As-peer. But it makes sense since the berries are all names of other fruit. I love those crazy names like Razz-berry and Tomoto-berry

I thought the idea of the episode was good, Pikachu having to take sides with someone else, but...it wasn't that great an episode. Still much better than Johto though but it would've been hilarious if the old lady didn't know that wasn't her Pikachu and she got angry. It would've made this a bit more memorable. Oh well. They could've ended it on a bit of a better filler but this was interesting enough.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
  • I just watched it T_T Rofl I liked the part where crogan got brock and then ash is like "I wonder where he takes him" And I liked when Ash went to confess and the Grandma already knew that it wasnt her "Sugar" xD And last but not least how actually good team rocket was they almost escaped too bad that sugar came to the rescue, Great Episode though.

Years
  • It's like being rejected from the cool club in Junior High all over again, except I'm only crying on the inside... :'( But on to the review.

And what was up with that girl's van? The 60's called, they want their Volkswagon back.

Oh, come on, we'll give you a filler to play with. Don't be like that, man. Heh.

Anyway, the van is called a "VW Bus." I meant to write that down before, and the fact there is "another vehicle besides a jeep in this car-free series?!"

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • Well, this episode wan't bad. I liked it. And the girl (As of course) wasn't all bad looking. But this should not be the final episode of the season. I'm glad they're taking a break from airing episodes.

Back