• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Updating Essentials from a previous version

jakekausler

Pokemon Moonstone Co-Creator
Years
  • Ok, so ther might be an obvious answer to this question already, but is there an easy way to update Essentials from a previous version? I started making my game with Essentials 9/5/10 and then downloaded the Christmas 2011 update, and could not find a way to merge my game with it, so I basically copied and pasted all of the graphics, maps, scripts, PBS files, etc. that I had made. Now this update (January 28, 2012) has come out and another is scheduled in a few months. I really don't want to have to follow the same method I did for the Christmas update, but will if its the only way. Any help is sincerely appreciated. And if I didn't explain clearly enough, feel free to ask for clarification.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Only way to update is just simply copy over the files you've done from the data folder I.e Maps, events, characters, but not the script file. Copy over all the custom graphics you have from your graphics folder, but if you have custom scripts, try to just copy and paste them into the new script file. That's pretty much all you can do really.

Back