• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2012
hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me with a scripting problem. im trying to create special npc's like in the old games that...
1) Demonstrate how to catch a pokemon.
2) Have you follow them while they explain the Pc, pokemart and that kinda stuff.

Years
The second one can easily be done with events. It's not Essentials specific, so try having a look at some basic RMXP tutorials and get a feel for the programme. I don't have enough posts to give you a link, but the rmxp.tigerseye site might be a good site to try.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Well, I can easily explain your second question. You will have to use a lot of movement events. Both for your character and the NPC. Then, you are going to want to add some text between move routes. You open up RMXP, select an event (or make a new one) and do something like this:

Example:
->Set Move Route
Turn Left
1 Step Forward
1 Step Forward
1 Step Forward
->Text: This is a Pokémon Center. They restore your Pokémon to full health, free of charge. There is also a PC that is for use by any trainer. Isn't it neat?

Make sure you set the player character to be one step behind the NPC in every movement route. That way, it makes it look as if your character is following said NPC. Anyways, this is the way I do it. If you or someone else finds an easier method, rock on.

As for your first question, since I don't know how to make something like that, although it's probably easier to do than I think it is. For now, I'd check out the Pokémon Essentials Wiki article on events by clicking here.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
The first one... You can do the whole thing with just pictures... No scripts... Just play the wild encounter music and use pictures... It may take a while but if you spend the time on it... You will get what you are looking for... I did

Back