• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction of the Month (September): Possession - Oneshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiekitten

Is currently: Very happy
Years
  • My second attempt at horror, this time focussing more on the scary side of it, I hope. There are some bits of it I am not too happy with, such as the darkness's speech, the repition of chuckled and laughed, (I couldn't help it. The character was the sort that did that. XD) but ah well.

XD Yes, I was writing something when I was away.

And ys, this is written in a mountain of return keys. I was trying to freak you all out with the 'backwards and forwards' thing. Not to sure if I succeeded. XD

Feeble murmurings split the silence; the shadow that rocked rhythmically on his heels whimpering in a troubled sleep.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

Moonlight glanced through the barred widow, its passage only disturbed by the huddled form as he continued his unheeded cries for help. For who listened to the ramblings of a mad man?

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

The man twitched, his moans increasing in volume as his sightless eyes flicked open, locking his bloodshot gaze on the far wall of his cell. He was trapped, running, forever running in the confines of his own mind, blindly following twisting corridors that never ended, throwing himself against the many locked doors that lined those cracked halls. He couldn't stop, not now, not ever. He had to run, flee from the darkness that rolled behind him in a wave of despair.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

His fingers clenched upon a piece of paper that lay tattered in his hand, the scrawled note the only thing that spurred him on. The knowledge that he was wanted, missed, loved, giving strength to his tired limbs.

You'll never escape.

He trembled at the sound of the darkness's voice, its mocking tones cutting through his last shreds of confidence. He shuddered and stumbled; sweat glistening on his exhausted brow as he pushed on, desperate to outrun the approaching darkness.

The darkness laughed.

See? Already you are tiring. Soon you will fall, your will crumble, and I will have you.

He shook his head violently, not daring to look back. He could feel its presence dogging his footsteps, drawing steadily nearer despite his refusal. His heart twinged in fear. He wasn't going to make it.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

His feet faltered, his defeated steps betraying his weakness. He cast his eyes around desperately as the darkness chuckled, reaching out with vine like fingers outstretched. The man's already heavy breathing quickened.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

Hope fluttered briefly as his gaze alighted on a nearby door, the cracked, shrivelled barrier the only thing that lay between him and freedom. Gathering his strength he lunged at it, scrambling for the handle as a thick, black liquid oozed around his ankles. He was running out of time. His resolve weakened as a heavy cloud of exhaustion swamped his senses, clouding his thoughts and pushing him into quiet darkness. He shook his head to clear it, blinking tears away as he fought the urge to break down.

Give up… The darkness whispered. You have already lost; this resistance is useless, and quite pathetic.

He ignored it, wrapping trembling fingers around the door handle. Taking a deep, shaking breath, he gripped the knob with both hands and turned.

The door didn't budge. He wailed in terror as he tried again and again, but he knew it was no use. The darkness chuckled, the black liquid now reaching his knees.

His control slipped and he began to sob uncontrollably, attacking the door with what little strength he had left. "Open up!" He screamed, his corporal form whispering the words with a voice cracked from screaming. "Please help me!"

The darkness was now up to his waist, its slick, oily surface numbing what half of him it had swallowed.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

The darkness's laugh echoed in his ears as tears flooded down his dirty cheeks, dampening his ragged, un-kept beard that had grown since he'd been committed. He clawed at the door, trying to do something, anything, to help his escape. Splinters dug into his tender skin, his yellowed nails chipping and cracking, leaving blood streaks on the unmarked wooden surface. He ignored it, continuing his desperate attack.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

The darkness reached his chest, gripping his arms and slowing his frantic struggles. It dragged him away from the door as he arched his back, attempting to keep his head above the waves that rolled ruthlessly towards him. The darkness consumed his shoulders, causing his arms to fall uselessly into the nightmare liquid.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

A clicking sound caught his attention, attracting his tortured gaze. The door! It was opening! A surge of hope flooded through him, sending the liquid shadows shrinking back. He pulled his arms free, eyes bright as he turned expectantly to the door. It slowly began to creak open.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

A strange, red-purple light filtered out and pooled on the concrete floor. It flickered not unlike a fire, clawing out over the threshhold as the door fell into the room beyond.

Silence.

The man stumbled back, eyes fixed on what stood within the open doorway as the darkness began to chuckle once more. His stomach churned, bile rising in his throat as he was accosted by a wave of fear. This was it, then. The monster that had hounded him for so very long. His strength left him and he fell to his knees, sobbing once more.

No escape.

The darkness's chuckle boomed into laughter as its true form stepped over the threshold, turning towards the helpless human. It was a ghoul-like being, wreathed in shadows that spun around it in a frenzied dance, twirling around the fire that blazed in its pitch-black eyes. Its fat, rotund, purple body flickered as it reached a three-fingered claw in its victim's direction.

Hello Charles.

It smiled.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

The creature slowly stepped forwards, tongues of fire licking up from its body and covering the outstretched hand in violet flames. The liquid replied to its silent command, winding around the captive and dragging him closer.

The man's screams turned into choked whimpers as the black liquid poured into his nose and mouth, smothering him. The entity's laughter faded into a chuckle again as it took a delicate step forward, lowering itself until it was level with the dying prisoner. The man's eyes rolled as he fought to breathe, briefly meeting those gloating pits. The creature smiled.

Oh, you foolish mortals. Oblivious to the world around you, so wrapped up in your pathetic lives that you fail to notice the numerous signs that point to our return. The world is changing, the scale of power steadily tipping in the other direction. Soon the dream you have built around yourselves will collapse, the harsh truth of reality shatter your false hopes, and a new age will begin.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

Banished we were, thrown out for your 'brighter future', a future without the living shadows that prowled your dreams. A stupid move, for it was then that you sealed your fate. Too long have we lurked in the memories of times past, reduced to mere husks of what we once were.

Our revenge will be sweet.

It grinned savagely.

Everything is in place; everything, I say, except one, final piece. A crucial element that will enable us to destroy this world.

Its grin widened impossibly as it locked eyes with the swiftly fading man.

You.

The demon's cackling laughter rang in the man's ears as he was drawn towards the open doorway and tossed inside, the door slamming shut behind him. He struggled weakly, trying once more to prolong the inevitable before succumbing to the darkness.

Stop.

The man's rocking ended abruptly as his eyes snapped shut, his murmuring subsiding. The moonlight returned to falling peacefully on the cold stone floor, indifferent to the change that had befallen its companion.

Silence.

Slowly the man stirred, gasping for breath as he opened his eyes. They were gone, swallowed by a darkness that seemed to penetrate a person's very soul. He blinked hesitantly, re-affirming himself with the feel and needs of a human body. A shiver of excitement ran down his spine. He had forgotten the thrill he experienced while possessing another, especially one as arrogant as a human. Carefully he raised a hand and examined it, a smile tweaking up the corners of his lips. This was going to be fun.

He raised a finger experimently, twirling it around while calling through his mind to the darkness around him. The shadows that lurked in the corners answered his summons, weaving around him like puppies greeting their long lost owner. He smiled.

"Hello world."

Ok, explanation time! XD

First off, the demon is a gengar. Which is why it is here. XD I read/heard somewhere that gengars could possess people, or something like that... If not, ah well. I wrote it with him in mind. XD As the title implies, this whole thing was about how this guy was possessed by the 'demon' (Gengar) and him trying to fight it. He failed. XD He didn't die, but he is trapped in a part of his mind, unable to do, see, feel, taste, hear anything. He was put in the mental asylum after the gengar first attacked him, and he started talking about voices in his head. XD

Years
  • Ooh... I really liked your descriptions and especially your use of repetition, which goes in hand with the description creating this nice imagery. It really impacts the reader in a way. But yeah, congrats because this is Fanfiction of the Month!

katiekitten

Years
  • O.O

*dies and is buried six feet under*

*peeks out from coffin*

=D

Thanks! Thank you very much. =D I'm glad you enjoyed it! *is happy* This has really made my day... *hugs and cookies all around*

=D

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ooh... I really liked your descriptions and especially your use of repetition, which goes in hand with the description creating this nice imagery. It really impacts the reader in a way. But yeah, congrats because this is Fanfiction of the Month!

Why are the one-shots getting FFotM all of a sudden when there are more complex ones right on the first page...?

Years
  • Why are the one-shots getting FFotM all of a sudden when there are more complex ones right on the first page...?

It just depends on the month. Sometimes, I want to have a sophisticated one but sometimes, a simple and short one will do it. Also, it's a preference to choose one-shots. I just feel that they're more complete in a way and are better to be in the archive. Besides, there are a lot of none one-shots, too.

Last edited:

katiekitten

Years
  • Why are the one-shots getting FFotM all of a sudden when there are more complex ones right on the first page...?

Thanks, I guess. =P XD

...I might write a sequel to this. I haven't decided yet. I is too busy at the moment, but I'd love to write what happens next... XD

Yea or no?

Hahahabvc87

Needs a better dentist
    Years
  • Congrats katiekitten! I know that this was a hit on SPPf, but I didn't think that it'd get FFotM here!

...I might write a sequel to this. I haven't decided yet. I is too busy at the moment, but I'd love to write what happens next... XD

Yea or no?

If you'd love to write it, we'd all be delighted to read it!

BTW, are the "I is" all intentional? I seem to notice that alot... XP

katiekitten

Years
  • XD Yes. I like torturing grammer... XD Just a random thing I like to type when I'm in a funny mood. XD

Thanks! =D I might do it at some point, as it would be fun to be just plain evil and kill everyone. XD *ponders* I could turn it into a full fledged fic if I felt like it... But I have no time! ;_; I have two oneshots to finish and another to start. XD I like over-filling my plate. =D

aceupthesleeve

[Insert cool user title here]
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    Regardless of what's said about one shots, I like them. They say so much in such a short amount of time if written correctly.

The repetition added a hauting effect to the piece.

However -but, then again, it might've just been me- I didn't quite grasp the story line until after reading the explanations about Gengar possessing people. Meh, regardless it still had me hokked until the very end.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Yea, I bet it is. Only after 8 months.

funny-pictures-nobody-wants-to-swim-with-tigers.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back