• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: AdvanceMultichoiceEditor Beta 1.0

Kyoko1

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
AdvanceMultichoiceEditor

Hello everyone, I would like to present a ROM-hacking tool which I recently made, here.
Its a tool for changing, expanding multichoices & also for writing new text and repoint everything.
There was an editor like this by another person too, but I found it disappointing that it had no
expanding or repoint function, and thats the reason why I made this tool! :)

For now, it only supports Firered(E), as it's a brand new tool which I want you to bug-test before I
implement an .ini file or something.. Its features are repointing whole table, changing the subpointers
which point to the text, and changing the text aswell too of course (its even possible to add new subpointers)

The standard FR ROM counts a total of 0x40 entries, if you add a new one for example, you must write
'multichoice 0x41 0xX 0xY 0x7F (0x0)' and so on. However, some parts are self-explaining but for those who
must get into this tool, there is an tutorial under 'Help -> Tutorial'

Thanks for reading and sorry for this crap presentation and design of the tool, I will change in the next versions.
Screen:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Well, it's nice to see another tool programmed for .NET 4.5.

Anyway, the layout doesn't look too bad, and seems straightforward enough. Nice work, and I may try it out.

KennyKid

scipter
Years
I got an error message
Spoiler:

In this site can't do anything else. Link error, right?

Kyoko1

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
I linked via HTTPS, try clicking it again, it should work now.

Not that much since not many people actually have the 4.5 framework :/

I can also recompile the project for another .NET framework, if you wish.

Kyoko1

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
Hopefully this will get Ruby support in the future.

As soon as I am on my other PC, I will add Ruby and Emerald support.

Nice, finally! I suck at scripting somehow, this might help.

This tool doesnt make scripts for you.
It edits and adds new multichoices, which you have to call via "multichoice 0xIndex 0xX 0xY 0x1"
in a script, and then compare it with "compare LASTRESULT 0x0, if 0x1 call @blabla"
you have to know how many options your index has, and then adding this amount of compare LASTRESULT 0xX to it ;)

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Wow, what excellent timing. I was planning on expanding the Hoenn fossil researcher to ask which of five fossils you want to revive (Root, Claw, Dome, Helix, Old Amber) and now I might not have to do it the boring way. <3

Nice work with the GUI by the way. It was a good call to put that warning about sub-pointers in plain sight like that.

Back