• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Winter Sun

SilverGlaceon

Fantasy is better than Reality
Years
:cer_smile: Thank you, winterfell! I wonder how come your the only one reviewing? Then again, I only just posted up the chapter, and its kinda late...anyway the next chapter will be done around either tomorrow or Sunday. See ya!

SilverGlaceon

Years
Sorry for the delay again. Its just tomorrows my birthday so theres alot going on. This chapter's a bit boring, cause I'm running out of ideas. My head hurts and my mouth is burning cause I was eating jalapeno chips. Anyway, on with the chapter!

Chapter 6: The Winter Light's

My eyes burst open only to see nothing but darkness, my claws scraping the uncomfortable smooth ground. My head shot up only to bang hard against a…cage?! I whirled around, and my muzzle slammed into one of the bars of the cage. I almost howled with pain had something not tapped my shoulder. I turned in that direction, my eyes adjusting to the darkness.

Was I still caught in my twisted, horrible dream? But I realized that the one who tapped me was the Swellow from earlier.

I also realized that my head was throbbing, and I saw out of the corner of my eye some object forced through my skin to seal it, the same on my leg where I had been shot as well.

The Swellow flapped its wings to catch my attention again.

One of its wings was wrapped in a white cloth, and its right leg was tied to a stick so it was forced to stand straight.

"What do you want?" I hissed quietly.

The Swellow glared at me for a moment before motioning to me.

"I told you not to come here. And yet you didn't listen! What the heck were you thinking?" the bird asked angrily.

I growled, the noise rising from the back of my throat.

"None. Of. Your. Business," I spat.

The Swellow shook her head, her eyes narrowed. She turned away, and then turned back, her eyes guarded.

"If we're going get out of here," she whispered, "we'll need to work together. My name is Loreli. Yours?"

I stared at her for a few heartbeats before answering.

"Bluemoon."

She nodded and turned to stare forward.

"We can escape through the door," she suggested, pointing to the huge rectangle with a faint outline of pale moonlight.

"And how? You expect us to magically get out of these stupid cages?" a new voice growled.

I turned to the speaker to see two red eyes glaring defiantly out at me.

"Snowfire?!" I cried, my voice hoarse.

No answer.

"Snowfire," I repeated, "is that you?"

The eyes closed. "Yes," the voice was strangled.

Loreli cawed angrily, causing me to flinch.

"Can I interrupt your little reunion, cause if you hadn't noticed, we need to escape!"

I twisted toward her, snarling. "And how did you get caught up on this?" I snarled.

Loreli made a face. "I walked in and asked to get caged, like you two," she squawked sarcastically.

I raised an eyebrow questioningly.

She sighed. "My wing got banged up pretty bad, thanks to you. And then when I came to see what happened, I slammed into that one's head," she motioned to Snowfire, "and now we're all trapped in here."

I turned to Snowfire. "I got shot and then knocked out by that one," he retorted, motioning at Loreli, who huffed angrily in protest.

I sighed, feeling we were going nowhere.

Loreli flapped her good wing. "Come on, there's no time to argue! Lets just get out of here!" she squawked.

I nodded.

Loreli paused a moment, and then flapped her wing excitedly.

"I know how we can escape! Bluemoon, use Overheat on Snowflame's cage!" she chirped quickly.

"Snowfire," he corrected.

I chuckled, and then turned my muzzled towards his cage. My fur burst red and my eyes became white as intense heat and flames burst forth, and when it was through the bars were left glowing red-hot.

"Now, Snowfire use Razor Wind on the bars! Hurry!"

He rolled his eyes but obeyed, slashing his glowing saber across the bars over and over again. Finally, inch by inch, the bars cracked and her blasted through with his Iron Tail attack.

"Yes! It worked!" he cried, and then turned to our cages.

"Lets get you two free now," he said.

The process was repeated on Loreli's cage, and then mine, faster each time.

Loreli staggered out of the cage.

"Yes, free at last!" she chirped happily. She spotted the weird objects wrung through my skin in the places where I was shot, and I had spotted the same things on Snowfire's shoulder.

"Looks like the humans stitched you up," she said.

"Great, something for me to remember them by. Just great," I spat.

Loreli shrugged. "They were being kind doing that," she stated, and she limped toward the door, only to trip on a black lump lying on the floor.

"What's this?" she asked, tugging the object open. All the contents fell out, including a small bottle.

I stepped cautiously on the bottle, and to my surprise something sprayed out of it. I yelped, thinking it was going to attack me, while Loreli stood where she was. The spray fell on her injured leg, loosening the cloth so that it slipped off.

"Hey, that's what humans use on their Pokemon to heal them! It's called a Potion, " she whispered.

She flexed her once stiff leg. "See?"

She aimed the nozzle at her wing and stepped on it. The liquid flew out again and healed her wing. Loreli tore the cloth and stretched her wing, sighing with relief.

I stared at the Potion and suddenly reared, my claws piercing the stitches that now adorned my face. I made sure not a trace of the horribly painful strings were left and then whirled on Snowfire, tearing my claws through his.

He was both shocked and horrified, and he screeched with pain.

Once the stitches were off his shoulder I picked up the Potion and sprayed his shoulder a few times. The wound disappeared after a few more sprays and then I sprayed it on myself, making sure to rip off the ones on my leg as well.

I shook my head, annoyed.

"And they were being kind in making us go through pain rather than healing us?" I growled.

Loreli didn't answer.

She leapt into the air above my head and landed on one of my tails.

"Open the door."

I rolled my eyes and turned the knob. It opened a crack, and I peeked out. The only light in the clearing came from the moon and the fire where the humans sat around.

Their eyes were red, and the Sceptile from before sat next to its human. The human I had attacked was not here. My heart practically stopped when I saw the box next them. Had I killed the human?

But what made me yowl with surprise and shock was not the dead human, or its grieving kin. It was the creature that stepped out of the shadows, where the moonlight couldn't touch.

Lyfture.

Her mane was a snowy white, the flowers on her head were now just little branches. The leaves on her chest were now totally dead, and the gems were all ice blue. That was probably her Winter form.

"Lyfture?!" I yowled, and my friends cried out in protest.

Lyfture vaporized as soon as I spoke, and our secret escape was busted.

The Sceptile screamed with rage and charged at us with Leaf Blade.

"You killed Master's friend!" it roared.

But I shot it down easily with one quick Fire Blast.

"Run!" I howled, snow kicking up behind me as I ran.

They wasted no time in following me.

The wind howled in my ringing ears as fled, and all the terror of the metal bird incident came rushing back, making me run even faster. As the trees closed in around us I gasped with relief and terror.

Looking up I saw brilliant, multicolored lights dancing in sky. I gawked at the beauty for a few more seconds before focusing back on the path I was running on. At least we were safe, I thought...for now.

I dont promise anything about the next chapter cause I'm having writers block, plus my b-day and such. But it will be posted up, so dont worry. See ya!

SilverGlaceon

Years
Thank you, both of you, winterfell and Hikari. I just created a really cool banner for my fic but I dunno how to post it...=( Ah well, maybe later. Still dont know when I'll post up the next chapter...still have a bad case of writers block...well, See ya!

Last edited:

SilverGlaceon

Years
Yes!! Finally I got an idea!! Yes! In your face you stupid writers block! Hah! Okay, sorry I had to get that out of my system. Anyway I make no promises for when the next chapter will be put up. Also, the Clan is not called the AhineClan. Its supposed to be the DivineClan, so I'm gonna fix that up now, while you people enjoy the chapter!!

Chapter 7: Season's Greetings

I curled away from the shadow, cold laughter ringing in my flattened ears.

"What's wrong my pretty? Have you lost the fight already?" the cold voice emanating from the shadowy figure chilled me, making me shudder as numbing fear rose up my spine.

I released a pitiful whimper, causing pain to rip through the side of my muzzle. I recoiled, unable to attack.

Something told me not to, holding me back from ripping her to pieces.

"I command you to attack!" the voice turned sharp and angry, and I yelped as the voice cut through my memory, bringing one sharply into view.

A memory I had pushed into the recesses of my mind, in hopes that it would fade away and never return.

I was wrong.

"Go away!" I screamed, recoiling again as another whiplash of pain burned my flank.

"Attack, you worthless creature! You are mine to control, you stupid Pokemon! Never forget that!" the voice snarled.

I yowled furiously, all traces of my fear gone.

How dare she! How dare she call me that!

I began to stalk toward the figure, the force holding me back gone.

"What are you doing?!" the voice now held a hint of fear but she drawled on nonetheless.

"Get back!!"

She whipped my face again but I refused to back down. I could feel another presence by me, following my paw steps exactly. I leaped, feeling the being by me leap as well.

Everything turned black just as my paws slammed down her shadowy shoulders.

I could hear screams. Her screams. I could also hear the sound of ripping flesh and angry snarls. Her ripping flesh. My snarls, my anger being taken out on her.

More snarls filled the darkness, and a hoarse, grief filled wail erupted from some poor creatures throat, although I ignored it.

I felt triumph rise in me as everything began to fade from my mind.

We are winning, we are no longer controlled, we are no longer slaves to her.

We are free…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My eyes opened to a palely lit clearing, my breathing easy and quiet. I lifted my head and looked around.

Snowfire and Loreli still slept. Loreli in a tree, Snowfire on the ground next to the tree.

I sighed softly, still thinking of my dream, and how I had…I shivered, wondering what had possessed my mind to bring that memory back. I had completely forgotten the horrible experience with her. But now the memories returned, fresh and completely vivid.

I growled, pawing my face.

"What's wrong with you, Bluemoon?" a soft, warm voice asked.

I looked up and practically jumped out of my fur and skin when I saw four Lyftures' in front of me.

"What the?!" I stuttered, wondering what this was about.

Lyfture's Spring Form smiled at me.

"Just call us by the names of the seasons we represent," she advised softly.

I just nodded, still shocked.

"What are you doing here?" I blurted out.

Summer stared at me incredulously.

"Surely you knew? We, I mean Lyfture, has finally been revived. You aren't very surprised by that I know. It's not much of news but you will certainly rejoice at this! We are going to help you get to the ShineClan!" she cried.

I tilted my head to the side, confused.

"The what Clan? The only Clan I've heard of in all this turmoil is the DivineClan," I replied.

Winter seemed puzzled.

"The DivineClan? That Clan of Pokemon is the exact reason why the ShineClan needs your help. Where did you hear about the DivineClan?" she asked suspiciously.

"From some shadow creature. In a dream," I shrugged, still puzzled.

Fall growled, her mane on end.

"That no good, Onus! He's a cold hearted Pokemon, he is," she muttered.

Spring shook her mane.

"Enough! We don't have much time here. All of you become part of me now!"

The other Lyftures' obeyed, walking over to Spring and stepping into her body as their bodies faded and merged with hers. The actual Lyfture sighed as she became one again.

"Now then, you had a very troubling dream it seems, one from a terrible part of your past. Can you explain to me what it was about?" she asked softly.

I looked away, my body suddenly tense.

"When I was very young," I began, "Me and Sunblaze were separated from our mother. A human found us. She was an awful human, forcing us to evolve by making us battle violently against others. She would beat us if we didn't follow her commands, and for a time Sunblaze and me lived in pure fear."

"We thought it would be forever. But then one day, our master pushed me too far. I began to rush at her, and Sunblaze followed me, angry with the human for all she had done to us. I attacked her viciously, but she died instantly from fright. Still, we were angry and we ripped through her body without mercy, then feasted on her flesh," I shivered at the memory once more.

Lyfture gazed at me sympathetically.

"We found our mother a few days after the incident, but she had been wracked by grief after we had gone. She was mad with grief actually. When we appeared to her, she recognized us instantly, but was more angry than happy with our return. She screamed at us, asking us why we left her. She died a few moments after. She never did forgive us," I whimpered sadly.

Lyfture's gaze was still sympathetic.

I could still remember that day so clearly I could almost swear I was reliving it…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I raced through the bushes, following my mother's scent.

There it was, leading past the brook. Sunblaze raced past me, leaping over the brook and landing with a thump on the opposite bank.

She always did have a better nose than me.

I followed suit, and we both raced through the forest, fall colors swirling around.

"Mother!" I called, hoping with all my might that she would respond.

A harsh cough was the only answer that I received, and I followed quietly, Sunblaze right behind me.

Our mother's scent was covered with the horrible stench of rotting food and sickness. We gagged and recoiled from the scent.

"Mother!" I gasped.

Our mother was worse for wear; her once tan, sleek fur was now covered with grime and was completely unkempt. Her red eyes were dull, empty of feeling and her breath came in short, hoarse rasps. She lay in what used to be our den, but it was no longer filled with warm, comforting scents but the horrible reek of sickness.

"Bluemoon? Sunblaze?" she coughed, lifting her head weakly.

"Mother…" Sunblaze had a look of horror on her face, her ears flat on her head.

Mother glared suddenly, lurching unsteadily to her paws.

"Where did you go?" she demanded.

I was unable to speak, and Sunblaze answered quietly, "We were taken by a human."

Mother snarled.

"So you'd rather be with a human than with your own mother?!" her voice cracked on the last few words.

"Why did you leave me?!" she screeched, her legs wobbling. "Why?! Don't you love me anymore?!" she wailed, her legs buckling beneath her.

I rushed forward to help her, but she snapped her jaws at me.

"Don't touch me," she hissed, her now yellowed teeth bared.

Her red eyes were wild, and suddenly she screeched.

She flipped onto her back and began to kick the air with her back legs, her front legs pawing anxiously at her throat.

I gasped with horror, glued to the spot.

Her eyes stared pleadingly at me. And then, she froze suddenly.

She went limp, her body flopping onto her side, her jaws open in a silent wail of agony.

Her eyes seemed to stare at me, saying, You could have saved me had you come sooner…but you didn't…because you did not care about me anymore…and this is the price…

We both howled with all our might as grief, sadness, pain, and guilt built up inside us.

The new moon, black and empty seemed to glare at us, accusing us for having feared the human.

We were now free, but a price seemed to always be paid for such freedom…such wonderful freedom…

(See ya!)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Nice going! God I wish my writer's would go away, evil thing it is. Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll see ya later!

SilverGlaceon

Years
Well, I came up with a few new ideas and I finally finished a new chapter that took me about...a month to do! I've had a horrible day, I'm dizzy and have a sore throat, my fingers hurt, I'm damn tired! etc.etc.etc. Enjoy the chapter, yadayadayada...sigh.

Chapter 8: A Forest Divided…

I looked up to see that Lyfture was gone.

I whimpered as grief filled me, making my eyes fill with tears. I growled and shook my head, whipping away the tears. No time for grieving. The humans could still be after us.

"Snowfire! Loreli! Get up!" I called over to them.

Loreli lifted pulled her head out from under her wing, yawning.

"Hmm? What's the hurry, Bluemoon?" she murmured sleepily.

Then her face twisted with alarm, and she quickly looked around wildly. "Are the humans close by?!" she cawed, flapping her wings frantically.

"No!" I hissed with annoyance. "But they will be here if you keep on making all that racket!"

Snowfire looked up crossly, glaring at us with bright red eyes. "What are you two arguing about?" he growled, his tail flicking back and forth.

I shook my head, growling.

"Can we just please get a move on? I want to get as far away from those humans as possible," I replied angrily, beginning to walk away from our makeshift camp.

Loreli cawed suddenly, and I whirled around.

"What?"

Loreli jumped forward and landed lightly on one of my tails. "We shouldn't go that way," she warned, her eyes guarded.

"Why?" I replied, continuing to head in that direction.

"Stop!" Loreli commanded, landing a hard wing clout to my head.

"Oww! What was that for?" I snapped my jaws at her, and she quickly flapped out of my reach. Keep getting on my nerves and I'll rip off all your feathers.

Loreli glared at me, as if she knew what I was thinking.

"That's the territory border of the ShineClan. They don't trust outsiders like you and me," she called down to me, and I growled at her.

"Then I have even more reason to go this way," I called back to her, and then I tore off across the ShineClan's border.

"No! Bluemoon, get back here this instant!" Loreli shrieked angrily, bursting forward with a Quick Attack and closely followed by an annoyed Snowfire who was cursing under his breath.

I had barely made it across the border when I realized I was being watched. Watched by eyes that sucked out all the remaining warmth in my body.

I froze and looked around warily, growling slightly.

It all happened in a blur.

The streak of red and mint green that flashed before me, and then I found myself being pinned down by a Shiny Grovyle wielding a spear that was pressed against my throat.

The leaves that extended from its head, wrists, and the ones that formed its tail were dull red. Practically its entire body was mint green, but its belly, throat, and under jaw were pale beige-yellow.

"State your business," it growled in male voice filled with malice.

"Hey Bluemoon are you al-not good!" Loreli cried as she crashed down beside me, knocked right out of the sky by a persistent Shiny Skarmory.

Its body was supposed to be a metallic silver, if it wasn't a Shiny, but now it was a copper-like brown, and the under wings that were usually red were green. Both had yellow eyes with black pupils.

"What the heck is goi-hey!" Snowfire was tackled to the ground by a Shiny Linoone, who now looked extremely proud of himself.

The Linoone had beige fur that had a reddish tint to it, and its pelt was streaked with red slashes of fur, and one of the streaks formed an arrow on its forehead. Its yellow eyes beamed proudly, and it clicked its long, white claws.

"What should we do with them, Frah?" the Linoone questioned the Grovyle with a jittery voice, its claws clicking against each other in its impatience.

The Grovyle smirked, raking all three of them with its cruel, yellow gaze. "Take them back to Regal of course," he replied with a wicked smile.

The Skarmory cackled hysterically, earning a look of disapproval and disgust from the Grovyle known as Frah.

"Shut it, Scrod. Come on, let's get back to the Clan," he growled, poking me sharply in the shoulder with the spear.

"Watch it!" I spat, and he poked me again.

"I'm not afraid of you, fire fox."

I shrugged at him. "Its your funeral."

He gave me one last, hard poke and we set off into the forest.

Nothing much was different, except a weird, almost sick scent that raked over my sensitive scent glands.

The ground here wasn't much different either, than the ground anywhere else in this forest; cold, covered with snow and pine needles, and it left your paws damp every time you stepped.

Behind me, I could hear Loreli and Snowfire complaining loudly, snapping at their captor's and hissing insults I had never heard before in my life, only to receive sharp pokes from the spears the Shiny Pokemon wielded.

I turned my head to them and hissed to get their attention, but they were too busy having a glaring contest with the Shiny's to notice me.

I huffed angrily and turned back to my captor, intent on getting some information about where we were getting dragged to.

"Excuse me, Frah?" I asked tentatively, trying not to show him my true intents.

He was smarter than I'd thought. Then again, you didn't have to be that smart to really notice.

"If you want to know where you're being taken to, fire fox, then just come out with it. I don't have time to mess around," he growled.

Well! In that case, I'd like to say that if it weren't for that spear, I'd be tearing your throat out and then feeding your carcass to the Murkrow's! I thought angrily, but at least I could ask and, hopefully, get answers.

"Okay then. Where are you dragging us to?" I asked, and edge to my voice. I was in no mood to play games either.

Frah stopped next to a small, nightshade bush.

"To my Clan, the ShineClan. You shall state your business to Regal when you get there, and depending on his judgment, you shall receive punishment for having trespassed on our territory," he explained with an edge to his own voice. "Or, be freed without punishment." He spat out this option with disgust, anger creasing his face.

Now. I want an answer, now.

I trotted over to Frah and thrust my muzzle out at him, our noses almost touching. He didn't even blink.

"Do you know anything about the DivineClan?" I asked, my tone making it clear I wanted an answer.

And I would get one, one way or another.

Scrod and the Linoone snarled with fury, while Frah's eyes widened with shock, then narrowed with rage. He lifted up the spear and jabbed it into my shoulder. Hard.

I flinched, but stood my ground. I glowered at him, raising my head above his. "Do you?" I made it clear I wasn't going to back down so easily.

Finally, he growled out an answer. "The DivineClan is a filthy, dirty Clan of Pokemon who hate Shiny ones. They have thistledown for brains, and they are merciless killers. They think we're freaks. Abominations. Black bloods. Mistakes." The last word came out in a low snarl that emitted from the back of his throat.

"Just because we are different, they hate us. They treat us differently, in the worst ways possible. What did we ever do to them?!" he yelled.

Scrod and the Linoone, known as Mile, raised their voices in angry yells as well.

"Death to the DivineClan! ShineClan shall rule!" Mile yowled, and Scrod joined him.

Frah raised his hand up for silence.

His yellow eyes twinkling, he reached down into the bush and plucked off three red berries, his face twisting with a wicked smile.

Mile looked around, and then lashed out into a bush with his long claws. He disappeared into the bush for a heartbeat, and then returned with a Rattata clutched in his paws. He handed it over to Frah, who used his spear to slice the beige belly fur, leaving a clean neat hole in the Pokemon's stomach.

He quickly stuffed the berries in.

I wanted to yowl out loud. What a waste of prey, I thought, tearing my claws through the undergrowth under my paws.

Frah then tossed the fresh-kill over the bush and whirled back towards us. "Keep on moving, prisoners!" he cried, poking the spear at the air in front of me.

I moved on, continuously looking back over towards the bush that Frah had tossed the prey over.

What was the purpose of all that? I thought, my belly growling suddenly at the though of the wasted prey.

Frah took no notice, pushing us along until the sick stench was horribly overwhelming, making my eyes water. I gagged loudly, and Frah scowled.

Frah stepped forward towards five bare oak trees surrounded by brambles for who knows how many tail lengths in either direction. Dead moss hung down, draping over the branches in a gray brown curtain.

Scrod and Mile leaped forward and pulled back the moss, revealing a huge clearing with plenty of oddly colored Pokemon darting about.

Welcome to the ShineClan, your temporary and soon-to-be permanent prison," declared Frah, his yellow eyes twinkling.

(Well, I'll see if I can finish the next chapter in a few days. See ya!)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Yay an update! This really reminds me of the Warriors books. Anyway, Bluemoon seems rather irritable. Well, keep up the good work!

SilverGlaceon

Years
Yay an update! This really reminds me of the Warriors books. Anyway, Bluemoon seems rather irritable. Well, keep up the good work!

Really? It reminds you of the Warriors books? Well I am kinda of addicted to reading them. (The Seeker's series too) Well, why wouldnt Bluemoon be irritable? She's having all these bad memories from the past coming back to haunt her, her sister is dead, and now she's a prisoner. I know that that would make me pretty irritable. (I do have a short temper as well) Anyway, the next chapter will hopefully be put up in a few days. See ya!

Back