• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2020
    Hey. I don't know if it's kind of late to give you this suggestion, but have you ever thought about redesigning some of the towns - such as changing the location of the houses, pokemon centers and gyms within that city? I think it would help give the game (and, especially, the Hoenn region) an even bigger facelift.

I suggest something similar to what Pokemon DarkViolet did with Kanto/FireRed - they did not remove nor create new towns, but a small twist was given to the existing ones. The number of houses and the available NPCs would be exactly the same, but if they were rearranged in a different order, it would feel like rediscovering the Hoenn region again.

Either way: I've played the game until Mauville and I'm enjoying the increased difficulty, the more diverse teams and the fact that there are new locations. Good work and keep it up! I'm waiting for the new update!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hey. I don't know if it's kind of late to give you this suggestion, but have you ever thought about redesigning some of the towns - such as changing the location of the houses, pokemon centers and gyms within that city? I think it would help give the game (and, especially, the Hoenn region) an even bigger facelift.

I suggest something similar to what Pokemon DarkViolet did with Kanto/FireRed - they did not remove nor create new towns, but a small twist was given to the existing ones. The number of houses and the available NPCs would be exactly the same, but if they were rearranged in a different order, it would feel like rediscovering the Hoenn region again.

Either way: I've played the game until Mauville and I'm enjoying the increased difficulty, the more diverse teams and the fact that there are new locations. Good work and keep it up! I'm waiting for the new update!

Sorry for the slow reply here mate. Updating the maps for some of the towns and cities is definitely something I'm interested in. I'm glad you've enjoyed the hack so far as well!

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hey everyone, I've just realized how long it's been since I've posted any sort of update here, so I thought now would be as good a time as any. October was a crazy month for me, which saw me spend an enormous amount of time at university, preventing me from really making any significant progress on the hack. My last exam is on the 20th of November, so beyond that I should have plenty of time to continue working on this project. My current goal is just to get the next version out this year, but those type of estimates are always subject to change, so take that with a grain of salt. Lastly, I thought I'd sign off with a few screenshots of things I've been working on for Beta 2!

xNe8te5.png

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Make sure you use the most current version you can find on the discord. It's the guy in the lower right of the market.
    i.imgur.com/kmGSswm.png

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    First I wanna say thank you to Hillsy13. I haven't played this ROM hack yet, but I strongly sense that this will be my definitive Emerald hack. I am waiting for version 2.0 to play. Tha day/night system brings a realism that is plesanty to the eyes and brings a specific pleasure to the feel of the gameplay overall, and that Deoxys screenshot seems like a true legendary Deoxys battle!

I hope version 2.0 comes out still this year!! I Thank in advance again, Hillsy13.

One question: Mewtwo is in the game? If he is not, the normal cheat code for Emerald works?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    First I wanna say thank you to Hillsy13. I haven't played this ROM hack yet, but I strongly sense that this will be my definitive Emerald hack. I am waiting for version 2.0 to play. Tha day/night system brings a realism that is plesanty to the eyes and brings a specific pleasure to the feel of the gameplay overall, and that Deoxys screenshot seems like a true legendary Deoxys battle!

I hope version 2.0 comes out still this year!! I Thank in advance again, Hillsy13.

One question: Mewtwo is in the game? If he is not, the normal cheat code for Emerald works?

Hey mate! First of all, thanks for all the kind words, I really appreciate it. Yep Mewtwo is in the game, you'll be able to catch him at a certain point in the post game!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Hey mate! First of all, thanks for all the kind words, I really appreciate it. Yep Mewtwo is in the game, you'll be able to catch him at a certain point in the post game!

Wow! You responded so quickly! Thanks for responding, Hillsy13!

I am waiting for version 2.0! I am super hyped to play!! I really hope it comes out still this year, I'm sure a lot of people will be a lot happy!

Take care, man!

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2019
    Hi, I'm having an issue where if I'm going through my bag and get to a Dawn Stone (which I got off a wild Ralts) the game freezes and I have to restart. (Had a similar issue using Draining Kiss with Ralts but the game eventually continued).

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hi, I'm having an issue where if I'm going through my bag and get to a Dawn Stone (which I got off a wild Ralts) the game freezes and I have to restart. (Had a similar issue using Draining Kiss with Ralts but the game eventually continued).

You have to wait until the next beta to get Gallade. As for Draining Kiss, that's a common bug in Emerald hacks. Turning off battle animations fixes that.

Back