• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sea Blue (No longer being worked on)

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Sorry to any of you who were looking forward to this hack. But I'm planning on finally making a new hack using Emerald.

Since it has been so long since I've actively worked on this, I have no idea when I'll be able to get back to working on it. I don't remember where I was at when I last left it, and I don't remember most of the tools of the trade that I've learned over the course of my hack. This will remain as it is until I can devote much of my time getting into hacking again. I'm sorry for anyone who's actively been watching my progress and downloading my pre-releases.

-Plot
    Many years after FR/LG take place, some mysterious weather has introduced unforeseen mutations in certain Pokemon. As a result, new properties have been seen in those Pokemon.

-Features - As of this point in Production
    Spoiler:

-Planned Features - Ones I will finish before uploading the full version.
    Spoiler:

-Pending Features - These all may not be implemented if I do not get the knowledge or help to make these.
    Spoiler:

-Bugs
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Tools Used - I may have forgotten who made the programs.
    Spoiler:

Uploads - Each release may not include all features.
    Spoiler:

P.S.
    I am possibly looking for a scripter, an ASM'er, a cry creator, or a beta tester. I don't do very good with creating elaborate scripts and I don't have the knowledge to do ASM, but have little projects in mind that may require some ASM. I don't need to create cries for my fakemon but it could make the game more polished. I'm also looking for a beta tester to go and check basically everything out to make sure there isn't something major happening that could ultimately halt all progress made with this hack. PM if interested.

Want to be a help to me without joining my team? Then please fill out these forms to help me make decisions on what to choose/how to name.
    Go to this survey to help decide which mega evolution will fill the last spot.
    Go to this survey to give naming ideas to abilities similar to Pixilate, Aerilate, and Refrigerate for the other types.
    -I have allowed the responses to be seen by other people to give other people the ability to pick names already given to increase the likelihood they will be picked.
    Go to this survey to give naming ideas to abilities similar to Swarm, Blaze, Torrent, and Overgrow.
    -There have been troubles with trying to implement these and may not happen. You can still help give ideas to these.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2016
    Sounds very interesting! I got so excited after reading the mutations part lol :) I wish you good luck!

Years
  • I'm having issues installing the patch to the rom that I have, though this may just be something I'm doing wrong.
    Going to troubleshoot and see if I can fix this.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    I'm having issues installing the patch to the rom that I have, though this may just be something I'm doing wrong.
    Going to troubleshoot and see if I can fix this.

Yeah I kind of expected that. It's not your rom, it's mine. I don't know why but I can't patch things onto it, nor can other people use my patches to patch their FireRed rom.

Years
  • Yeah I made it to where it said it patched the file, but it's still the same ROM as before.
    I'm excited to play it though. It's a great concept!

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Yeah I made it to where it said it patched the file, but it's still the same ROM as before.
    I'm excited to play it though. It's a great concept!

It's possible that we are using different patch tools. What UPS patching tool do you use?

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Ok so. If any of you have been wondering, I still am working on this. Fixing those pesky missing letters and doing a little here and there. I have redesigned Starter Cave a little bit to make it look less..... unnatural. Version 0.2.1 will be uploaded in a couple days. Along with me doing a new set of screenshots. Also, with the help of my mapper, I'll be making a new cave to allow the legendary beasts to be caught.

Here's a couple ideas of mine I'd like to shoot out there to see if I should actually make them.
    -Using JPAN's ball changer code to make an NPC event that changes one of your Pokemon's ball type to the Luxury Ball. Useful if you want to quickly evolve a Pokemon through friendship. I've wanted something like this since the Luxury Ball came out. Would require a lot of work to get it right, so I just need to know if other people would really want it.
    -I got the idea from Pokemon Maize to create special in-game events using some value in-game. Just like Maize I was going to use the trainer ID and then do a couple math calculations and then the player would need to input some characters or a number to get the event item or (like Maize) an event Pokemon. This would require more work than the luxury ball changer and I'm not sure how to end up having the player input a number to match the number given.

So if you would really like to see one of these in the game, don't hesitate to say so.

Also, don't miss out on the last Mega Evolution being added to the game. If you don't want to pick one from Gen 1, don't choose a Pokemon and you will be brought to the next question if you select next (or continue, can't remember which it is). Kangaskhan and Pidgeot are tied with the most votes so far. Survey will end at the latest possible time to get the most possible votes.

Back