• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Sprites and Stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Hi there, I just figured I'd post this up and update a bit since I usually just lurk around here anyway. I figured I might as well get some posting in, maybe some criticism too. So yeah... here is my current project, a 50 Pokemon dex... It's almost done.

65ocqs.gif

Eventually I will post tiles and what-not as well, but right now this is my main goal. :)

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Really, really good! I should work on my spriting skills to get as good as you.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2011
Very, very good. Much better than the normal in game sprites.
I especially like how the 5th one on the 7th row seems to have a very Icy texture. Good job.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Thank you very much to both of you. :)
And I'm not sure what you mean by "normal in game sprites" Ink. I'm sure it's not bad, but I'm just confused.

Regardless, thank you ^^;

Years
These are quite good and decent. The look like they're in the style of the GBA Sprites. Some of the concepts are quite difficult to perceive and figure out, like the 2 white Fakemon below the first and second evolution of the fire starter, and also the evolution line after them, the darkish purple line. I can't tell what their origin is. ):

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Oh, I see. Well, the white ones are inspired by Bed Bugs, so the first one is a cotton spore-esque bug. The second is supposed to be a pillow-esque coccoon. The final stage of that line is just a large bed bug with a cottony-bum. And then the line after that is inspired by Dustmites.

And thank you, I prefer the GBA-style sprites with the DP limitations. :)

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Small update, actually it's just one sprite. Anywho, here ya go :)

2po9xyg.gif

Also, I'm looking for ideas for the final spaces in the dex above. There are 4 spaces that can be filled with anything, and then the space between the last two is supposed to be a legendary pokemon.

I need ideas for my legendary pokemon trio, if you have one feel free to submit. or if you have an idea for any (or all 8D) of the other four, I'm all ears. :)

Also! C+C Is always appreciated.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
The spider ones kinda remind me of a pokemon from Sienna called bombsect. (I think that was the name) Not in a way that I think your ripping them off, in a good way

Years
I'm loving the pillow bugs and the one that's hiding in a cardboard box. Fun designs and nicely textured. I like how you've included some weird concepts like cupcakes and what I'm guessing is a computer virus. I think you could do better than stick arms on that cupcake evolution though.

People-pokemon are a little disturbing. :|

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2016
The penguins and the carboard box one are wicked
:( why can't i be as good as you

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I'm loving the pillow bugs and the one that's hiding in a cardboard box. Fun designs and nicely textured. I like how you've included some weird concepts like cupcakes and what I'm guessing is a computer virus. I think you could do better than stick arms on that cupcake evolution though.

People-pokemon are a little disturbing. :|

Exactly what I thought. I'd think they'd be better as trainer spriters and not Pokemon. XD

Generally though, the spriters are made to a high standard. :D Some designs are not very imaginative though, for example the square one near the bottom.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Rayce: Thank you... I think. :) I'm glad you like them.

Scarf: Thank you, they were fun to create. And the stick arms were completely intended to be done that way, just for the simple fact that it wasn't supposed to be a big, characterizing feature of the fakemon. Of course, if people don't like it I can change it. And yeah... I may change them eventually >> They do look a lot more human than I intended for them to.

queedol: Thank you, the Penguin took me for EVER, as did the shading on the box. :) Just practice, I didn't get 'good' over-night. :)

Retribution: As I said, they came out more human-like that I had originally intended. I may go back and change them. Though, I thank you for the compliment on the standard-ness. And I know, it wasn't intended to be a complex design; just intended to be a sort of computer glitch-type concept that was clear and to the point.

LePoisson: Thank you very much :)

UPDATE:
Sorry about not being around this week, busy with school. Though I have had these done for a few days now. Pure psychic-types.

iaza12238593994300.gif

BattleBeard

The Ultimate Beard
Years
Amazing sprites! Would you like to help with spriting in my GBA Pokemon Firered hack? That'd be a serious help. It'll be called Mememon, it's basically going to have new locations...pokemon...text...everything. It'll be a new game, about a young child's quest to become the best meme trainer ever! I have some of the text edited, but I really need a spriter to go on.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
BattleBeard, right now I am really focused on this dex (which is almost done), but maybe when I'm done and working on my tiles I can take some time here-and-there to help you with spriting. Though, until then, I will have to say no. I'm sorry.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
hey, you want any help with your dex? :p

But yeah, your great at the colors and the shading and all of that, but I see alot of anatomy flaws in some of your sprites. Oh and that ghost mirror is by far your best sprite.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Right now the only help I'm willing to accept with this part of the dex is concepts :P Eventually there will be two other parts, each of 50 more sprites, which I may accept help for in spriting though. ^^

Anatomy isn't my strongest... I've never actually been good with it D: I just kind of make it up as I go along >>; So I definitely need to work on it; but thank you for the compliments :) And the Ghost Mirror was actually one of my least favorites, but thank you anyway. ^^

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Just a small update.

iaza12238531181800.gif

These are the last two regular fakemon for this dex, they aren't anything special but they are both rock-types. The first is based on a T-rex, the second on a fossilized egg. These are the last two regular pokemon for this dex, and the final spot will be filled with another legendary pokemon.

:)

iaza12238518937500.gif

This is what the dex looks like now.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
well done, you managed to design and sprite 49 fakemon. Thats something I cant really do. not top mention your quite good at it as well. you have my respect and my awe as well. CONGRATS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back