• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toxic Trapper for Pokemon Yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I taught my Pidgeot Toxic, cause I'm hoping it'll be a toxic trapper with a mixed attack? Smogon is giving me a headache about this. It doesn't say anything about Pidgeot using Toxic in gen 1. Do you guys see this moveset working effectively in a competitive battle? The moves are: Toxic, Fly, Swift and Mirror Move. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    Not many people play the 1st generation competitively, but Toxic isn't all that great in RBY since many Pokemon carry Rest and also the fact that its effect resets to regular Poison when the target switches out. Pidgeot really wouldn't be that great as a Toxic user since it really isn't that bulky and the aforementioned stuff about the ineffectiveness of Toxic, you're probably best off using the analysis on Smogon's site.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Just use Smogon's recommended moveset, since it can't really do anything else effectively. Also, use the Simple Q&A Thread for questions like these instead of bombarding the forum with multiple threads.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back