• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Linking to swearing.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
  • Seems like an odd question, but are we allowed to post a link to external content that could contain swearing?
    What I'm thinking of is maybe where you'd send a song to someone but the song contains unsuitable language. Is it justified with a NSFW tag or warning. Just wonderin'.
    EDIT:
    I'm not talking about things that could be aimed at someone or be offensive, just little things where swearing is used.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Generally, no, especially if the swearing is a large part of the content like the caption on a picture or whatever. However if it's something more minor then, depending on section, it might be ok if you put a warning in the link. Generally though unless you have a realllllly good reason to be posting the content, it's best avoided. As for music - as far as I've seen, profanity in music with a warning beforehand has generally (and rightfully) been allowed as long as it's not heavily over the top. I feel like fair warning and judgement are all you really need, but I'll stress that you should only be posting stuff like that in the first place if it's really relevant to the thread.

I'm not speaking for the whole staff team here btw. This is the approach I'd take in my section; PMing staff members first is always a safe idea if you're uncertain.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't have a problem with it, personally. But I'm also a hell of a lot more lenient than 80% of the staff.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If it's marked as NSFW I don't see a problem with it. I've even seen things fly where someone will put a picture with one minor swear word on PC in a spoiler with a language warning, so I don't see why a link would be an issue as long as there's a language warning.

But it depends on the section you're in pretty much is what seems to be coming out of this.

Back