• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cooltrainer Gorps

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
One thing I noticed when playing Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness is that almost every trainer in the game had a very rare or odd name. Some examples include Fun Old Man Skof, Chaser Emok and Worker Dobit. Did you notice these strange names? What did you think of them? Why do you think they used them? Do you know of any other strange names?

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
It could be something to do with the region, I guess? I seem to remember there being some odd names in the Colosseum universe.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure there are some odd names in the 'main' series as well (Blackbelt Nob, I'm looking at you).

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
Years
I always noticed the weird names, and loved them to death. Pixen, Eagun, Lovrina, Eldes and who can forget the amazing Mirror B. What is that even supposed to mean?!? lol The names were so dang creative that I myself started trying to come up with my own, I was that inspired. I actually took, and still use to this day the Pixen name in some of my games. Great times, great stuff.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Those names have always driven me NUTS. I love those games to death, but the names are so awful lmao. The only good names I can remember atm are Pixen, Baila, Ein, Cail, and Sosh. I used to know most of the names by heart, but it's been a while since I've done a playthrough. I'll be fixing that during spring break though. ;)

Oh. Skrub is a pretty awful name too. Who names their kid that? The names in these games are as if they threw Scrabble tiles against the wall and used the letter combinations from that as a name.

Back