• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Editing Rom: How can I change the sprite that calls HM pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Hello all!

I hope I am asking my question in the right spot, i looked all over the categories and this seemed to be the bast place.

I have been trying sprite editing for the first time ever. Been trying to edit Pokemon Platinum/Heart Gold/ Soulsilver. But what I have not been able to find is how to edit that darn little sprite that shows up over that black bar when you use a HM move in the overworld and pulls the ball out of his pocket. I'll use a HM with my edited sprite, the black bar will zoom in, and the sprite i am looking to edit show up over top the black bar. Then if I use fly it will still be that sprite until he puts the ball back into his pocket.

There was a sprite that looked exactly like him in the mmodel.narc that I tried editing by exporting/reinserting with the BTX Editor but this little jerk is still the lucas sprite. I have used Nitro Explorer and Tinke to look all over the other narc files in the rom but cannot find any hint of where he is. This is the last big thing I want to edit and I hope someone in here may know how to do this in any of the 3 version i am trying.

Thanks!

Attachments

• the jerk.PNG
      the jerk.PNG
      68.4 KB · Views: 29
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2017
    Hello,

Sorry for upping a pretty old thread but after hours of searching on the Internet and also on Tinkle/Nitro Explorer i wasn't able to find this sprite, i've only found this page, and seeing that it didn't get any awnsers i do not see any problem upping an non-resolved problem instead of creating one. I hope somebody will help us !

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    I actually found it! it was in Data->field_cutin-> #13 with pallet #3

However you also will change the bird sprite you ride. #7. So you want to be sure to edit that properly as well

I actually made a video series that not only shows the location of this file, but also how to import it and also how to get around the fact that changing the palette of this sprite also changes the color of the blue/black "bird" sprite you jump on. Also various other things like elite four, vs faces, pokemon sprite editing, text, and enemy pokemon teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lakp5ZRN7rE&list=PLKTW2ZuQjbEEVYHhxRZF9N8v_9AUneJq1

Last edited:
    Back