• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's play help needed!

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
  • Well, i have always wanted to make lets plays and walkthroughs of my roms and games but i dont know what is the needed equipment and how to make a lets play.
    I was told by a moderator this is the place to get answers o i came here to ask all of you, wonderful, awsome, nice people who'll need to subscribe me and watch the videos as soon as i understand how to make them.

Thank u!

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I used to do LPs, so maybe I can help. The first question is what exactly are you wanting to record and at what in terms of quality (just the game itself or full-blown, over the top things like layouts that have become popular for Pokemon LPs.)

For recording I generally recommend something like Open Broadcaster Software. It is an app made primarily for streaming to Twitch.tv and other related sites, but it does wonders for just recording videos. The program is 100% free, in fact it's open source. You can also record your microphone and adjust volume live too.

Just be wary that it requires a decent chunk of experimentation for quality and setup, but will work on any decently new machine with ease.

For post-production/editing, you're most likely going to want something...expensive if you want to go over the top like other people (i.e. having the status of your team in their own little part of the screen in a Pokemon LP.) These can get extremely pricey, so people will generally shrug and say "why bother" and use Movie Maker instead. If you're into this stuff, then I actually recommend Adobe Premiere because personally, I found Sony Vegas (seemingly the more popular with the crowd) to be unstable.

My quality settings for OBS and post-production (mainly compression) can help me achieve stuff like this. Please note your quality will differ greatly from others. Bitrate experimentation is something I cannot stress enough! If you have any questions about this, then PM/VM me. I'm writing this just before I head off for work.

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • YOU are freaking awsome....marry me!!!!!!!
    I'm not going to use any layouts because like you wrote, it is very expensive and i don't think i want to pay a lot of money for a youtube/twitch.tv video.
    Another question: Can i use my gaming headphone's microphone to record commentary like i use it to talk on Skype, or should i buy an actual microphone?
    And again, thank you for your time :) And consider my proposal, i have like a huge room with a double bed all to myself and i don't mind you putting girly stuff because all i have is the bed, my computer and a closet....

EDIT: When i am trying to record my emulator all i can see is a black screen. Like when i am starting a stream it is audio only. Cna you tell me what is the problem?

Last edited:
    Back