• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] Graphic Assistance Making "Show Picture" event Player Specific

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2018
    Hello, I am currently running V 17.2 Pok?mon Essentials on my PC. While making a cutscene on my map, I ran into a problem I am confused on how to resolve and was wondering if someone had come across this before. I have 6 players so far you can play as on my project of Essentials and I would like certain pictures to only appear depending on which character you are. This is not referring to the introduction with Oak and I am not looking for a resolution via "Show Choices". I am looking for a script or some other means to make a picture show when a certain player is talking. For example, one of my players you can pick is a boy and the other a girl. I want the picture of the girl to show when she is talking to NPC'S on the map if the player (you) chose her. Vice versa, if players chose the boy, I would want his picture to show when his dialogue is shown while playing the game. I have a feeling it may be a "if" script followed by the "show picture" event, but I have looked on the Essentials page and on Youtube and have not had any luck. If you know how to do this, I would gladly appreciate if you could give me some guidance on how to enable this. Thanks!

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    I have a feeling it may be a "if" script followed by the "show picture" event

You're right! When your player chooses their player character, you should be setting a global variable based on that choice which, at the very least, determines which OW sprite they see. You just need to set up your event with a conditional branch which shows a different picture based on what that variable is set to.

Last edited:
    Back