• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best Starter Pokemon

Which Starter is the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I chose Chimchar! I love the chimchar line, I also think the chimchar line is probably the strongest!

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
    Years
  • I always love Chimchar. To tell the truth the only reason is becuase its my favorite type,Fire. But that's the only reason. Plus the final forms are always great.

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • In D/P/Pt, Chimchar is the only Fire type available until Ponyta (lol) midway through the game, whereas grass and water are available in incredible abundance.

But if you at all can, trade to get all three starters and you can have your cake and eat it too. ;P

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
    Years
  • If you could pick between an overweight Tree, a penguin with a dress, or a sleek,slim fast ultimate killing machine, which you choose?
    Sure, it has five weaknesses. But it was made,with the right moveset, to cut down to one weakness.
    Ground, Rocks, Water and Flying got NUTTIN' ON ME! :D.)
    Peace,
    Ruler Arceus

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • I'd say the Piplup line. Water starters always turn out to be favorites, and Piplup was no exception. I kind of grinded him to the point where he was about level 40 at Maylene's gym, so I kind of owned everybody with him.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • I like Turtwig's evolvution Chain the most.
    I like Piplup's, but Torterra is the king of awesome. You can tell just by looking, it's a giant turtle. Thos things are awesome. About the only thing that make a turtle cooler is if it were to carry and island on its back, and Oh, look! There is it! And you look at that face. That's the face of "I'm so awesome, I don't even care what you think. You aren't even worth my time, haters!" and that... Is just awesome.

Forget the fact that his physical attacks and defense are great for tanking ingeneral, but even his lower special defense is still high enough where it's easy to redeem. And while I'm at it, look at that HP! That's 95 base HP, and that's terrible. Terribly AWESOME. You and Torterra with his almighty back-mountains can easily rampage the enitre Sinnoh Reigion, leaving nothing but a barrage of KO'd Pokemon in your wake! And that. Would. Be. AWESOME.

PS. I don't like Monkeys other than the DK/Diddy combo, sorry Chimchar.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • Chimchar for me=) He learns Ember on level 7 like charmander=)) It is easier to raise it in the beginning=)

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I Chose Infernape just for the fact that he is Fighting aswell.
    I Always Find myself without a Fighting Pokemon in my Team, so its nice to have Infernape with the fighting moves for me. ^_^

Right now I'm using Empoleon for now, To see if I Can even get to like it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Piplup and company for me. I'm a Steel type fan and was amped to get one as an evolved starter.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • awsome

I like piplup/other forms the best. although hes pretty slow, his attacks are great,and its just a cool pokemon. hes also a water type! water type rocks! :rambo:

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Infernape makes a pretty good sweeper in many cases.

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
  • I have to go with piplup. First, I always pick the water type, because in my experience the water types usually have an easier time throughout the game, and also water > fire+grass so yeah. Plus He becomes part steel, water+steel = legendary combo. I never liked grass starters, except for treeko and fire is alright but water is just better. If you are just getting the game choose piplup.

bOxieLiciOus

not here 4 lipsyncing
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    basically it would be turtwig, it's skills and stats are stupendous. :s

ALittleDizzy

Cute and Hopeless Trainer
    Years
  • None of the above! If you're going to have a starting pokemon, you should be able to choose what you want from that gigantic list of pokemon. I personally believe in thinking outside the box so in platinum I chose my starter to be Shinx =D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back