• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Your Friends Know You Like Pokemon?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
Yes, I did base this off of the anime question in Japanese entertainment but...

do your friends know you like Pokemon? Mine sure don't, they'd laugh there hearts out and make fun of me forever.

enyce

banned
Years
There is a topic on this already, thats where the idea for the anime topic came from =-o

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66329

it may not be, asking the same question. But its similar. Yes my friends know, I dont go overboard with like shirts and stuff. But they know I play the games, and still make fun of me for it. I remember I bought a poliwhirl plushie for a girl one time.

They thought it was mine, and made fun of me forever. But it was for this girl who also liked pokemon. It was her birthday. ALthough that wasnt the only present I gave her.

JakeEMan

Official American Idiot
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2008
I tell my friends that i dont like Pokemon, but i really do! It imbarasing. I dont insult people who like pokemon with my friends cuz i know sum, and, i am one! But i tell them that you may hate pokemon, but you like baseball or basketball! Everyone likes different things. Like, im a straight A student in 6th grade, i like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, computers, and sports! I bet all you guys may like some of the same stuff, but you may also like different things or not like the things i like!

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
Years
Yes, they sure do, and some of them like it too. :} (My friends know a LOT of my obsessions, but even if they think they're silly, they don't dare insult them...!)

Rayquaaza

The trainer of Dark Pokemon
Years
I said it to a reliable friend. But to other no.. They consider the Pokemons a thing of children, even if I (seen that I am here) do not agree. But I love them too much, what I must do? However I think that everybody must follow the things which loves, without taking care of the comments or the thoughts of the others. What do I care if they laugh about me?The important is that following the Pokemons I enjoy and pass my time as I want.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Nope, I'd be too embarrased to. But I have heard a few people talking about pokemon now and then randomly...but I don't think I'd tell them I like it.

Argy

Very question.
Years
Yeah, they know, and I don't care. Back when I was in 8th grade or so, I tried to tell people I didn't like it, but really I did. It was a bad time for me in terms of self-esteem.

My boyfriend makes fun of me sometimes, though.

Rayquaaza

The trainer of Dark Pokemon
Years
enyce said:
My girlfriend doesnt like pokemon. She makes fun of me too. We live in a small world

Hei! I do not know because, but your sentence seems very wise to me!

However repeat what I said in my precedent post: you do what you like, because you like it and enjoy you to do it.

exemption

void
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2006
I lost interest in Pokémon over four years ago; I only visit the communities nowadays, really. So it's safe to assume I have nothing to lie about to my friends, as I pretty much despise the whole craze.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Very few people know I still am so close to the franchise, as my contribution has been completely minimal in the real world. Stopped buying the cards after Neo Revelation came out, haven't seen the anime anime in years, and I stopped getting the games a long time ago. My era was GSC and I bypassed RS. Yet I still consider myself a Pokémon fan, and I actually directly involved myself with it for years after with the fake card arena that I loved so much and also the Pokémon game making thing that is my priority these days. And two of my friends knows because I showed them my work, and they don't take the mick. Then two others discovered my secret affinity for Pokémon when they searched for the Javiscone in google (this is a mysterious sandwich of the universe btw) and they found it attached to several Pokémon related boards :P

They didn't take the mick either. But I keep it hushed. What a shame :( I'm less quiet about my Sonic obsession.

Years
My close friends know I go on a board dedicated to one, but they know I'm not into pokemon anymore. At least not like I used to be.

Ai

; ♥ ~
Years
My close friends know and don't care. My anime friends know and either like it too or don't care. My other friends don't know, and they'd laugh their heads off.

Keruri

Espeon Lover
Years
NEVER. lol none of them kno, if they did theyd laugh and abandon me... lol they knew in 4th grade maybe, but here i am 6 yrs later, still obsessed with the games haha.

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
Years
Not really. In the 5th grade at Martin Dies, I brought my GBA and they saw my Pokemon games but they didn't make fun of me or laugh. One of my friends even played Pokemon RS Pinball. But this year they didn't say anything and only Victoria knows.

... Actually I just told her I played the games when I felt like it which is true. She said she played her friend's Pokemon game before.

Back