• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Boxart

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • Well, it's not the best we've seen is it? I mean they are going back to basics, with plain Black and White and all that, but it doesn't seem as eye catching as it's predecessors. What's your take in it?
    pokemon-black-white-box-art.gif

I guess Black sort of looks good up close.​

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Simple and good.
    I aren't going to complain about their packaging, the internal and the enjoyment of the game is more important.

Cloudfall

Togekisser
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    As Rilence said, it may be simple but it definitely looks nice.

Also, why do we need to have detailed box art when the cover Pokemon look so detailed already? :3

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I love it. I'm more worried box art for North America, though, considering what they did with the logos for HG/SS. At the very least I would appreciate a grayscale Pokémon logo.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The box art reveals that their are special features for the 3DS!

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
    Years
  • Im Confused

White legendary, White Logo, Black Background = What version is it?
    Black Legendary, Black Logo, White Background = What Version Is It?

Can someone pm me with answer since i probs wont check this forum again

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Im Confused

White legendary, White Logo, Black Background = What version is it?
    Black Legendary, Black Logo, White Background = What Version Is It?

Can someone pm me with answer since i probs wont check this forum again
    "Announcing two new Pokémon games—Pokémon™ Black Version and Pokémon White Version—coming to the Nintendo DS™ family of systems in spring 2011! Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version will feature a new generation of amazing Pokémon, and two of these Pokémon have been revealed so far: the Legendary Pokémon Reshiram™ will appear on the cover of Pokémon Black Version and the Legendary Pokémon Zekrom™ will be seen on the cover of Pokémon White Version."

-- Pokemon.com [view here]

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I love the simplicity of it. DPPt's boxes were cool but seemed a little..overwhelming (especially Platinum's). Black and Whites stand out and just are....cool..I have no further words to describe the great sensation I get when I look at these boxes :P.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    unbelievably simple but nice, there getting alot more intriquite with the legendary designs it would seem.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Well, I have to say, if I knew nothing of pokemon and was browsing the videogame section in walmart, and I saw this boxart, I would no doubt pick up the box and read the back. The simplicity only draws your eye to the pokemon, and their intricate details are beautious, and really really cool.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    I think pokemon.com is wrong? Black writing + black legendary = pokemon white?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • It's interesting that Black's legend is White and White's is Black...

it used to be that the legends matched the color their version's name was.

I think pokemon.com is wrong? Black writing + black legendary = pokemon white?

And yes, Reshirom IS the legend of Black, and Zekrom IS the legend of White!

Translated it myself. They're not wrong.

Back