• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SO Pokemon Sets

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Here is a place to show us all your SO Pokemon Sets (I.E, strange sets that are original and may not always work), i will show i few of my own before adding any that you post.
    Make sure you use the template:

Picture: (optional)
    Name:
    Ability:
    Item:
    Nature: (+,-)
    EV's:
    Move 1:
    Move 2:
    Move 3:
    Move 4:
    Summary:

I'll give a few of my own...

334.png

Name: Altaguard (Altaria)
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Calm (+ Special Defence, - Attack)
    EV's: 252 HP, 252 Special Defence, 4 Defence
    Move 1: Cotton Guard
    Move 2: Toxic
    Move 3: Roost
    Move 4: Flamethrower
    Summary: Taking advantage of altaria's good special defence and hp means he can take a few hits on the special side before boosting up its physical defence to rediculous levels with cotton guard. Toxic wears the foe down, roost is to keep the hp high and flamethrower is to hit steels and poison/grass or poison/bug which are common and cant be hurt by poison. This is great in the buddle subway, however it isn't really viable in competitive battling.

I WILL POST SOME MORE LATER, get posting! :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    What does SO mean?

If you're talking theorymon sets here that are just ideas you've come up with that may or may not work because they haven't undergone any testing, I think it'd be better if we had a sort of underrated sets list here rather than random things. If you've played with an uncommon set and you were to talk it up and explain how good it was to other people, it might get other people inspired to try to play with it and see how it works for them.

For example, Choiced Moxie Gyarados in Rain is really good. CB Gyarados can 2HKO standard Rotom-W with Waterfall and KOs nearly everything else, too. Scarf Gyarados in Rain can serve as an excellent lategame cleaner as it gets stronger with every kill.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    What does SO mean?

If you're talking theorymon sets here that are just ideas you've come up with that may or may not work because they haven't undergone any testing, I think it'd be better if we had a sort of underrated sets list here rather than random things. If you've played with an uncommon set and you were to talk it up and explain how good it was to other people, it might get other people inspired to try to play with it and see how it works for them.

For example, Choiced Moxie Gyarados in Rain is really good. CB Gyarados can 2HKO standard Rotom-W with Waterfall and KOs nearly everything else, too. Scarf Gyarados in Rain can serve as an excellent lategame cleaner as it gets stronger with every kill.

Yea stuff like that :)
    I was just thinking up a bulky ampharos set with cotton guard, a way to abuse bibarel's ability and a scope lens rhyperior but i'll put them up later
    If you use the template on the gyarados set i'll put it up because it looks good :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Bibarel... maybe a Smashpass recipient with White Herb? Either way, he needs a way to break through Ferrothorn and Jellicent, the only two Pokemon who resist his STAB attacks. Wondering what a Scope Lens does for Rhyperior but okay. I also think that Whimsicott is the best user of Cotton Guard - at the very least, more so than Ampharos whose typing doesn't give him a whole lot to work with defensively.

130.png
    @ Choice Band
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly (+Atk/+Spe, -SpA)
    EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Def / 252 Speed
    - Waterfall
    - Bounce / Avalanche
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge / Payback

Rapid Spin support necessary, Avalanche for dragons mostly, Bounce for Grasses/Volcarona in Sun, EQ for hitting Ninetales/Ttar on the switch as well as doing some damage to Ferrothorn and friends. The last move is really for hitting Rotom-W and Lati@s on the switch etc.

The Scarf set is exactly the same but with Jolly only, Moxie, and a moveset of Waterfall/EQ/Ice Fang/Stone Edge.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Sorry i meant Wide Lens, not scope lens:

464.png

Name: Rhyperior
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Item: Wide Lens
    Nature: Impish (+ Defence, - Special Attack)
    EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Special Defence
    Move 1: Earthquake
    Move 2: Dragon Rush
    Move 3: Stone Edge
    Move 4: Megahorn
    Summary: Earthquake for strong stab and to hit electric, fire, poison, rock and steel types, Dragon Rush to hit dragons, Stone edge for stab and to hit bug, fire, flying and ice and Megahorn to hit dark, grass and psychic. Leaving just normal, fighting, ghost and water that you can't hit super effectively. All moves are at least 100 base power. And Wide Lens means that the accuracy of it's moves are 10% better: (Stone Edge = 88 %, Megahorn = 93.5, Dragon Rush = 82.5)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I think Rhyperior is better off using a boosting move (Rock Polish) over Dragon Rush. Plus, even when you have high-powered moves like that, when you have no offensive investment they're not particularly astounding. :< I think that set would be a lot better if it were more offensively inclined. If you're going to run such a defensive set, I'd look into more support-like moves such as Stealth Rock.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Actually how about Zoom lens on it, which boosts the accuracy of it's moves by 20% provided they can last, which normally occurs due to Rhyperiors poor speed?
    This would raise Stone edge up to 96%, Megahorn to 102, and dragon rush to 90 base accuracy?

Also i've just though of a really unique Spinda set, it may not be completely viable but in RU it may work as a late game sweeper provided you have steel, ghost and rock types of the way...

327.png

Name: Spinda
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Item: Berserk Gene (Raises attack by 2 stages but confuses user)
    Nature: Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack), Jolly (+ Speed, - Special Attack)
    EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Move 1: Sucker Punch
    Move 2: Teeter Dance
    Move 3: Thrash
    Move 4: Hypnosis/Protect
    Summary: It's attack is doubled with the berserk gene and it wont be confused due to it's ability. Thrash is a very powerful stab move with a base power of 360: 120 (base power) X 1.5 (STAB) X 2 (Berserk Gene). Sucker Punch is for priority which would also be over powered due to Berserk Gene. Teeter Dance to confuse and hypnosis/protect as a filler move.

How is that? ^^

Back