• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Sitnalta

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    KdKoAI9.png

Introduction
    Hey, I'm AfroPharaoh and here's a game I've been working on, on and off, for about 2 years using RPGMXP and Pokemon Essentials.

Pre-lude
    There was once an Island nation off the coast of Levios called Sitnalta. The nation was guarded and created by a pokemon of pure energy. The Sitnaltians were one of the oldest cultures and have made many advancements for human and pokemon kind. One day, 19 years ago, the entire island disappeared. Strangely, almost no one has memory of Sitnalta.

Story
    You take control of Maya, a 19 year old girl living on Antha Island being the assistant to Professor Lumen Flores, a Marine Biologist. You were born and raised on this small island and have never set foot in any other region. One day, a mysterious stranger arrives and throws the island into chaos. Your dad warns you that there are people after you and that you need to escape immediately while he holds off the stranger. You dash to Lumen's lab only to find it burning with a note outside  telling you to grab one of the pokemon she's left on the shore and hop in the boat and head to Levios. A vague note tells you to keep a low profile in Levios but grow strong, so when these people come for you, you can defend yourself.

Journey to discover the secret of Sitnalta! Who is after you? Who and what are the Phoenix Society? Who is this cloaked person following you and leaving you notes? Why is this ghost pokemon also following you and leaving you unconscious upon contact? Why are there random people in town preaching that the world is ending? What's up with these PokePoachers messing up pokemon and the environment? why don't you know anything? Where the hell is Lumen? How is everything connected? As Maya would say, "What the hell is happening?"

Embark on the journey, get the answers.
    Nothing's as it seems as you discover the truth of this land and your life.

Characters

Maya
    mugshot3_by_afropharaoh-d9cvfu8.png

The protagonist of our story. A kind, ambitious person with a huge heart for Pokemon. She says what the hell alot and talks to herself way too often. She holds great potential but gets pretty anxious about her current life situation...which is...anxiety worthy. She's doing her best.

Micah (They/Them)
    micah_s_mugshot_by_afropharaoh-d9dpi79.png

The "rival of our story. Micah is more of a friend you make and someone you grow with through out the story. They hide a mysterious past with an easy going, up beat attitude. They come off really passionate about battling and is aiming for a slot in the Pokemon Grand Tournament, just like their mother. They notice something special about you and wants to "keep each other going". What a nice person.

Lumen
    W9tSesl.png

Lumen Flores, Marine Biologist extraordinaire! She is best friends with your dad and helped raised you on Antha Island. She's really sweet, but is hiding a lot of demons.

Here are the first 3 gym leaders
    c3TURyh.png

Aerial - Flying
    Santana - Fighting
    Nova - Dragon

Here are some trainer classes
    8gYXoPv.png

Black girl bug trainer, Elite Trainer Class (1 tier above ace trainers), Black Lass and Youngster. I'll be adding more. Mostly more racebent trainers.

The PokePoachers
    uBzekC1.png

Look at these jerks. A group of people called the PokePoachers. They're running around stealing pokemon, selling them on the black market to crime organizations, only capturing the strongest of the strongest pokemon in an area while getting rid of the rest, destroying environments in order to make more space for humans. They're honestly all over the place doing a bunch of bad things, confusing right?

Starters
    agAND2g.png

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Region Map
    Spoiler:

Features
    Story focused
    Shiny starters
    Characters of all colors
    HM's are now Items
    Gen 6 mechanics
    Wide selection of pokemon from all regions
    Luka's EBS
    Turbo
    Some Pokemon re-typings and stat upgrades
    New and edited moves
    Increased shiny rates
    A talking protagonist
    More to come

Credits
    Spoiler:

If anyone is left out of this that you may see in a screenshot or anything please let me know so I can add them.

Progress
    I'm currently finishing up eventing the second gym/town. From their I have a cave to map and event , the third town to event, a forest and route to map and event, and a couple of cut scenes to put together. There is a bunch of small graphical things I have to get done though (pause menu, some custom sprites, pokegear things, battle interface, etc) so that's a thing too.

Conclusion
    But uh yeah, here's my game! I'm aiming for it to be a shorter pokemon game (5 gyms+main plot event). I'm pretty focused on that, but it may change. My plan is to release this game in two parts. A demo, then the full game. The demo will be going up to the 50% mark, which will be like 3 gyms and a couple of significant plot points. Again this is all subject to change. But yeah. I post graphic updates on my DA so check that out. Thanks for viewing and reading!​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    Small Update

Hey! I wanted to share some small things.

Thanks for those replies though guys, I appreciate the words.

I feel like I don't have much to share since everything is pretty much events and maps. I wanted to put together a custom pause menu to showcase but I'm struggling on the coding part of that so that's probably on the back burner. Anywho, here are a couple of things.

Noctubus
    QF7A9Gs.png

This is the ghost pokemon that's following you around and making you pass out once it touches you. You have weird cryptic dreams after the contact. The origin story behind this pokemon is something I'll save for players to find out in the game. It's very much connected to Sitnalta though.

The fakemon's design belongs to Reina-Kitsune on DA. I made the sprite. In saying that, it's still a wip lol. I'm not the smoothest pixel artist so I know it may be a bit rough around the edges.

Jr. Professor Aspen
    aspen_and_the_gang_by_afropharaoh-d9etzrp.png

So in Levios, there are two professors. Professor Olive stays in Solflora city, while Jr. Professor Aspen is set up in Bloomescent town completing her pokemon professor residency under Olive. Her focus is the effects of environment on pokemon and vice versa. She's mainly trying to figure out the mystery of why the waters surrounding Levios have become so rough leaving them unsurfable and unswimable. She believes it has to do with something pokemon related. However, a certain group is going to have a problem with how close she gets to the answer.

She's kind (buys you lunch on her brand new Pokemon Professor Credit card) and extremely studious and good at her job.
    Oh, her sister is also the gym leader in Solflora City.

and here are some maps I guess. (route 702 shows the new grass tiles I'm using, so the second pic is a little outdated)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Almost done eventing Mt. Cloud. Then I'll move on to event Skylily Village (3rd gym). So progress is going well!​

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    Mini-update: Screenshots!
    interface_things_by_afropharaoh-d9kdgra.png

Interface things.
    I'm also working on putting together battle backgrounds (like the one featured here) so that'll be a thing.​

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    9BBzWo5.gif

"Good luck going through Aurous Forest, I heard the Ghost Pokemon like to play tricks on trainers."

here's bad quality gif screenshot since idk how to make it come out crisp

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    Time for some small updates!( I should really redo that main post) anywho..

eartha_mugteam_by_afropharaoh-d9mmpfi.png

Here we have Solflora City's Gym Leader, Avani.
    She is a master of Rock and Grass types.
    She picks flowers, burns incense, and is lowkey the best Geologist you'll meet in your lifetime.
    Married to Professor Olive and Sister of Jr. Professor Aspen.
    She is going to be the toughest Gym Battle you've had so far, but I guess every new Gym Battle is the toughest you have so far ya know?

(Igneon's design and sprite belongs to Aki.
    Mega Sceptile's sprite belongs to TrainerSplash and TheCynicalPoet of Smogon's XY Sprite Project)

Spoiler:

Also a small announcement. After thinking about it for a while, I think I'm going to just release the game once it is fully completed, instead of releasing it in two parts as I originally planned. I don't want to stop the flow of the story, Id rather it be delivered in one swoop. The game isn't that long so I feel like this goal is feasible. I'm indecisive so this can change, but I don't think it will. I'm making good progress. so yeah, see you next update.​

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • Wow the game looks amazing and promising. A great plot and great characters.

I've notice next to Avani that new eeveelution. Igneon? For the name and the design, doesn't look a Rock-Type, but I won't judge it.

Solflora City looks good but that Mansion at northeast doesn't look good with the other city buildings. Try to change it. Of course, if you can't get any better tiles, leave as it is.

Keep up with the game! :)

Back