• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"N" Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

weavile96

Just Your Neighborhood Creeper
Years
Hello everybody, I'm here to present to you a new challenge, called the "N Run". If you're like me, and are a frequent reader of PokéMemes, then you might have an idea of what the challenge is about. If you aren't, then don't fret, for I shall explain.

Rules:
1. You must designate certain points where you dump your team (either releasing them or boxing them) and catch new Pokémon. (after every gym battle, every other gym, after rival battles, etc.)
2. Your final team must consist of six Pokémon, one of them being a legendary. (pseudo-legendaries do not count as legendaries)
3. After the 5th gym, you're allowed to keep at least one Pokémon for a future team for the rest of the game. (ex. N's Klink/Klinklang)
4. For each gym battle, you should have at least three different Pokémon on your team.
5. You may not trade/hack Pokémon into your game until after you've completed your challenge. There are plenty of wild Pokémon for you to use. Besides, N doesn't own an Action Replay. (Or does he...?)

Optional Rules:
1. You may keep your starter for the whole game. However, it will be designated as the Pokémon mentioned in rule four (regular rule three, not optional rule three).
2. Only Pokémon used in important battles (gyms, rival, bosses, etc.) have to be dumped.
3. Pokémon must be released, not boxed.
4. HM slaves are not allowed. (N wouldn't use a Pokémon as a slave.)
5. You may only use Pokémon from the surrounding areas.
6. You are not allowed to nickname your Pokémon.
7. ULTIMATE MODE: Complete the challenge in at least one game from every region. RBY/FRLG - GSC/HGSS - RSE - DPPt - BW (Playing HGSS does not meet the requirement for playing a Kanto game.) Also, for Black/White, you must beat Cynthia to complete the ultimate challenge, after beating Alder.

Notes:
- You may do this challenge on any main series game, but it might be more fun to do it on B/W, just so you can be more even more N-like. (If that makes sense...)
- The challenge is completed when...
Spoiler:

- PLEASE READ: For these games (Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum, Black, and White) you may keep your final team to complete the challenge. However, if you wish, you may still box/release Pokémon and get a new team for the final battle (Red, Steven, Jupiter/Mars, and Alder/Cynthia.)

Sign-Up Form Example:
Spoiler:

NOTE: If you choose to do the Ultimate challenge, your name will be in bold in the "List of Challengers/Champions".

List of Challengers:
Spoiler:

List of Champions:
Spoiler:

So there you have it, just a different challenge, although it may remind you of the Nuzlocke challenge a tiny bit...? Thanks in advance to challengers and a big thank you to the (anonymous) user on PokéMemes who came up with the idea! :)

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
I've always wondered what it felt like to be N...
I think I'll give it a try!
Username: Vato
Games: LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Emerald, Platinum and White
Ultimate: Yes, please

megamasher3

Quizzical Enthusiast
Years
Well I have a Nuzlocke run going on in my Black, and the only free pokemon game I have open right now is my Diamond, so I guess I'll start there. Count me in! (A really hard version of this challenge would be to combine it with Nuzlocke...could you imagine?!). I'm just going for the basic run so I'll keep you posted as it progresses (as I want to still work on my black too :P)

EDIT: I did indeed start this run, and coincidentally I decided to record it make it my first LP. Check it out on my youtube page (just look up megamasher3's youtube channel)! Parts 1 and 2 are currently up!

Last edited:

Colourful

Lolcat-Trainer, srsly
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2016
Since I'm currently grinding my team in HG for the Ultimate Mystery Dungeon Challenge and that is getting ridiculously boring!!! kinda dull, I'm gonna sign up too :D

Here's my entry-form:
Username: Colourful
Games: FireRed/Crystal/Emerald/Platin/Black
Ultimate: Hell yeah!

Out of all Rivals so far N is the one I whose motives I was able to understand the best. Also they were more interesting than 'Yeah I just wanna crush everyone else...' haha. This is gonna be interesting.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wow, this is pretty sweet challenge!
I'd like to ask some things =)
1) Can we use more legendaries than one?
2) Do Pokémon that will have one/two HMs and are released consider to be HM Slaves?

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I'm up for this.

Username: Mick Fizz
Games: Red/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum/Black
Ultimate: Yes

I'll be starting with Red, and will switch teams every Gym battle. Oh, and one thing, in Crystal, do I have to keep releasing Pokémon after I beat the Elite four? Becaue I'd have Suicune+Pokémon kept after beating them...

weavile96

Years
Okay, so,
@Ash493: Sorry, but you can only use one legendary on your final team. Also, if the Pokémon will be used on a team and then is boxed later, then no, it is not an HM slave. Just remember that you don't have to use the "No HM Slaves" rule.

@Mick Fizz: No, you don't have to release anymore Pokémon after the Elite Four. However, if you wish to, that is perfectly fine, but it is not mandatory.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Okay then. Oh, I made very little progress, having picked Bulbasaur as my starter and defeated my rival. As for my Legendary, I will choose Articuno.

And I have another question. To beat Brock we must only use Pokémon from areas around Pewter or can we use whichever Pokémon we find in the wild?

weavile96

Years
Depends if you want to use the optional rule which states that you can only use Pokémon from surrounding areas. If you choose not to, then you may use any Pokémon that you have found up to that point.

EDIT
: Attention all challengers, the rules have been updated to answer previous asked questions as to avoid confusion. Also, if you chose to do the Ultimate Mode of this challenge, PLEASE read the Optional Rules section as well as the Notes section. Thank you and have a good day. :)

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
M's Log #1:

-Chose Bulbasaur and delivered Parcel to Professor Oak.
-Bought Pokéballs and caught Nidoran ♂, Rattata and Spearow.
-Beat Rival Gary on 2nd attempt.
-Trained my team and crossed Viridian Forest.
-Defeated Brock, then released Bulbasaur, Rattata and Nidoran ♂
-With Spearow I got to Mt. Moon, where I caught Clefairy, Paras and Geodude.
-Got to the other side and caught Ekans.
-About to challenge Misty

Team:

Spearow Lv 18
Paras - Lv 13
Geodude - Lv 15
Clefairy - Lv 15
Ekans - Lv 10

Released:
Bulbasaur, Rattata, Nidoran ♂

If it's necessary to post the moveset, I'll post them next time, as half of my team will be wiped out after Misty.

weavile96

Years
Mick Fizz, it is not necessary to post the move sets. However, you may if you wish to. But otherwise, good work so far, keep it up.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay, once I have more time, I'm gonna hit this challenge =D

Username: Ash493
Games: FireRed/Soul Silver/Emerald/Platinum/Black
Ultimate Mode: YOU BET!

Optional Rules:
Take ALL the rules! :D
I'll be scrapping my team after each gym and I'll keep my starter everytime for all my games.

Legendaries:
FR - Zappy
SS - Lugia
Emerald - Rayquaza
Pt - Giratina
Black - Of course Reshiram

Colourful

Lolcat-Trainer, srsly
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2016
Started the ultimate challenge!

Hey guys,
this will be my first update for the N-run ultimate challenge :D
I'll be releasing my whole team after every Gym, so the only Optional Rule I'll be using will be Rule 3.
Here we go:

Spoiler:

That's it for now :)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Username: bwburke94
Game: White
Ultimate: No
Optional rules: None
Release point: After every gym, just like in the original N's Challenge, and after Ghetsis.

Rule 4 will be used to allow Zekrom to stay on my team.

Other rules:

Before defeating each Gym Leader, I must have caught the first member of my new team. This rule does not apply for Ghetsis.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Username: Psyanic
Game: FireRed
Ultimate: Nah

I'm not going to use any optional rules, and I'm going to dump my team every time I beat a Gym Leader.

So a quick question before I dive into this challenge: Why can't we nickname Pokemon? If anything, it should be an optional rule where you do nickname Pokemon. If Pokemon are your friends, you wouldn't want to call them by their species; that's like calling your dog a dog instead of Clifford or something.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
M's Log #2:

-Caught an Oddish and defeated Misty.
-Released Spearow, Paras and Clefairy.
-Went to Bill's house and helped him out.
-Got to Vermillion and caught Diglett and Diglett's Cave.
-Swept through S.S.Anne, and defeated Gary using only Geodude.
-Got HM Cut, taught it to Oddish, challened Vermillion Gym.
-Defeated Lt. Surge using only Diglett.
-Released Diglett, Geodude and Ekans.
-On my way to Rock Tunnel.

Team:

Oddish - Lv 23
Drowzee - Lv 23

Released:
Bulbasaur, Rattata, Nidoran ♂, Ekans, Diglett, Geodude, Paras, Spearow, Clefairy

weavile96

Years
@psyanic: The "No Nicknaming" rule was just a rule that was part of the original picture that I found the challenge on. However, you make a good point, so I will change the "No Nicknaming" rule to an optional rule.

EDIT: As to not double post, I will just put in an edit here (unrelated to the original post this is on). I am changing the game I'm doing the challenge on from White to FireRed. Thank you, and may the odds be ever in your favor (sorry, couldn't resist saying that).

Last edited:

megamasher3

Quizzical Enthusiast
Years
Since mine's a video series, to avoid spoilers I'm just going to update when my newest video is up rather than posting a log. Part 4 just went up today, so if you feel like it you should check it out :P you can find it and the rest of the run on my youtube channel: youtube.com/user/megamasher3

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
M's Log #3:

-Caught a Voltorb and a Machop around Rock Tunnel.
-Trained Machop and crossed the dark tunnel without the need of Flash.
-Got to Lavenderr and released Voltorb.
-Caught a Growlithe and trained it.
-Got to Celadon and got HM Fly.
-Defeated Erika using Growlithe and Drowzee.
-Released Drowzee and Growlithe before going to Team Rocket's lair.

Team:

Oddish - Lv 28
Machop - Lv 25

Released:
Bulbasaur, Rattata, Nidoran ♂, Ekans, Diglett, Geodude, Paras, Spearow, Clefairy, Voltorb, Drowzee, Growlithe

Oh, and I'll release Machop and Oddish after defeating Giovanni. Will probably catch a ghost later and will see what other wild Pokémon I can catch. Later, dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back