• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Seeing as there's only one question asked, I'll take care of that. A few rows of pixels can't be seen on Flager's backsprite. I would put in a screenshot, but 1. I don't know how to take a screenshot, and 2. I don't know how to put said screenshot in a post.
Oh thx for explaining, just fixed that.

Yay, a demo.
I'll post random comments as I play.

After the intro I went into the option screen. When changing the frames after the 3rd one I got a run time error and the game froze.
Well, thats because I decided to remove some of them, but forgot to remove them in the scripts as well...

For the intro speech, the pokemon coming in and out of the pokeball was too slow.
Ok, I'll speed up that.

I'm loving the music so far.
=]

The diamond menu was hard to control and very confusing. Like you left out some icons or something. Sometimes the cursor would jump 2 or 3 options ahead of what I wanted to click.
It isn't hard to control =/, all you need to do is press up to move the selector clockwise and down to move it the other way... Hmm it doesn't jump options with me..

You were right in one of the last updates- the "3D" sound was a nice effect.
Good job adding it.
I'm glad everyone is liking it.

Tile errors? In RMXP? You guys have all that space (compared to the limit of Rm2k3's tilesets)- no excuse for errors :P
=/, well thats probably the first map I ever made in this project, I guarantee you that there won't be many mapping errors after that one...

The character cutscene things are fun (talking about when the rival comes into the lab).
Music for it is fun as I said.
I would of rather to have a choice on which pokémon I got.
Well, I'm not changing the way you get the starter, but I could post a guide on answering the questions so you get the pokémon you want...

After getting my Pokémon the diamond menu became more annoying for me. There was a blank space but you could still click it for the pokedex.
Yeah, someone already reported that bug, I'll fix that.

The pokepod looks nice.
Thanks.

After only a few minutes of playtime (10) I got to run, so I saved my game and exited.
I look forward to playing more later.
comments in bold.

hey i downloaded the demo... its awesome.. but i kinda got a weird problem. i copied the fonts into my computer system..but the game only has normal computer fonts... not pokemon fonts... am i doing something wrong?

Edit: I found a glitch. when i came out of the fisherman's house, i couldnt get in anymore.... its like the events changed places...

Well, it's probably your fault =/, I'll check out the glitch..

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
So I'm back home, here are some more comments for you.
<Remember, I'm just writing comments as I play, so some of this may have been said, but I'll be providing as much feedback as I can)

As for the diamond menu, it works better after getting my pokdex, but the whole beginning of the game with it was really buggy. Since there is only 4 options at the start, it would be handy if you could just use the up arrow to select the top one, right arrow to select the right etc.
And it's confusing for me because when the cursor is on the right hand side, down moves it up lol.

I think it was mentioned but the backsprite for Flager is too high up in battles.

Speaking of battles, nice background for the battle.

The mapping is well done. I thought I would get lost because there were no real paths on routes as such, but I found it easy to find my way around and backtrack too.

The trainers are providing a nice challenge along the routes.
I nearly lost to the bug catcher guy.
His last pokemon had a mewtwo cry when it died lol.

I walked into a house along the first route and grass animation played as I walked in the door.

I lost a trainer battle and can't call the menu....
Damn.
*Restarts*
more comments later

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
So I'm back home, here are some more comments for you.
<Remember, I'm just writing comments as I play, so some of this may have been said, but I'll be providing as much feedback as I can)

As for the diamond menu, it works better after getting my pokdex, but the whole beginning of the game with it was really buggy. Since there is only 4 options at the start, it would be handy if you could just use the up arrow to select the top one, right arrow to select the right etc.
And it's confusing for me because when the cursor is on the right hand side, down moves it up lol.

I think it was mentioned but the backsprite for Flager is too high up in battles.

Speaking of battles, nice background for the battle.

The mapping is well done. I thought I would get lost because there were no real paths on routes as such, but I found it easy to find my way around and backtrack too.

The trainers are providing a nice challenge along the routes.
I nearly lost to the bug catcher guy.
His last pokemon had a mewtwo cry when it died lol.

I walked into a house along the first route and grass animation played as I walked in the door.

I lost a trainer battle and can't call the menu....
Damn.
*Restarts*
more comments later

Well, thanks for the comments, but it's easy to solve your problem, the thing is that to make you unable to call the menu during events, I turn on a switch.. the problem is that when you lose a battle, that switch isn't turned off. All you need to do is to talk to someone or a sign, thats it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
---------------------------
Pokemon Uranium
Exception: RuntimeError

Section119:145:in `pbItemMenu'undefined method `pbEndScene' for nil:NilClass

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokemonUtilities:142:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonUtilities:142:in `pbItemMenu'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `eval'

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:254:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Game_CommonEvent:67:in `update'

Game_Map*:313:in `update'

Game_Map*:312:in `each'

Game_Map*:312:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
No. No, it's not OK.

I was in the cave with the ladder just before the gym leader town and tried to use that free escape rope I got. I didn't realise it had a different meaning than in the official games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
helo. i played in the trainer school and after i beat the boy with the nugget, i didnt get any nugget at all. and is it supposed to be put in the gym thing?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
helo. i played in the trainer school and after i beat the boy with the nugget, i didnt get any nugget at all. and is it supposed to be put in the gym thing?

Well, I'll check that, and for the gym puzzle, you have to use your Rock Smash there... (in the gym) till you find something.

Braemon

Trust No One
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
First off the concept is AWESOME!! im loving the demo! But here are some things i found wrong:

1. Re check all of the words in the professors opening speech, he says "working for be" instead of "for me"

2. I really like how the trainer follows the cursor!

3. Great English with everything! I only found the one mistake in the prof speech (the be instead of me) your grammar is impeccable!

4. during the black screen intro your use of a semi colon ( ; ) is not needed in this sentence: "...malfunction; they were in the process of..." take out the semi colon and say this instead "...malfunction as they were in the process of..." and take out the word "when... at the end of the sentence.

5. black screen after explosion sequence (flipping awesome btw) "aunt could no longer support a 13 year" you forgot the word old to make it 13 year old

6. the players room is too crowded, maybe take out the red stool in the middle of the floor

7. when you talk to the game system you should have it say "Man I really need a new console; like a Wii or something..."

8. LOL Aunt is soo young!! Aunt May anyone?? can you give the player a spiderman costume option? LOLZ

9. WOW I love the way the water gets louder as you get closer! Thats is great attention to detail!

10. If we started in Kevlar, why then in the opening black sequence after the explosion does it say we are in Moki?

11. Whats with the games lag? is there a way to fix that?

12. love the dialog between the prof and theo, the moving mouths is awesome, also love the music!

13. during the prof speech after you get a pokemon he says "forgot to tell you, your father, your father told me to give you..." lol

14. why cant i pick my own pokemon?

15 you should be able to save before you get a pkmn!! change it!! lol

well thats prolly it for now lol i figured out how to save it so ill play more later and post randomly.

AWESOME JOB!!!!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
First off the concept is AWESOME!! im loving the demo! But here are some things i found wrong:

1. Re check all of the words in the professors opening speech, he says "working for be" instead of "for me"

2. I really like how the trainer follows the cursor!

3. Great English with everything! I only found the one mistake in the prof speech (the be instead of me) your grammar is impeccable!

4. during the black screen intro your use of a semi colon ( ; ) is not needed in this sentence: "...malfunction; they were in the process of..." take out the semi colon and say this instead "...malfunction as they were in the process of..." and take out the word "when... at the end of the sentence.

5. black screen after explosion sequence (flipping awesome btw) "aunt could no longer support a 13 year" you forgot the word old to make it 13 year old

6. the players room is too crowded, maybe take out the red stool in the middle of the floor

7. when you talk to the game system you should have it say "Man I really need a new console; like a Wii or something..."

8. LOL Aunt is soo young!! Aunt May anyone?? can you give the player a spiderman costume option? LOLZ

9. WOW I love the way the water gets louder as you get closer! Thats is great attention to detail!

10. If we started in Kevlar, why then in the opening black sequence after the explosion does it say we are in Moki?

11. Whats with the games lag? is there a way to fix that?

12. love the dialog between the prof and theo, the moving mouths is awesome, also love the music!

13. during the prof speech after you get a pokemon he says "forgot to tell you, your father, your father told me to give you..." lol

14. why cant i pick my own pokemon?

15 you should be able to save before you get a pkmn!! change it!! lol

well thats prolly it for now lol i figured out how to save it so ill play more later and post randomly.

AWESOME JOB!!!!

Well, I won't answer all of them, but here are a few answers.

-You start in Moki, Kevlar is the scond town you go in the game.
-You can't choose your starter because I wanted to it be like that, but I 'll post what answers you need to give to get the different starters.
-In the option menu, you can set the game quality to low, thats all you can do...
-Thx for the compliments, btw, the impecable english in the game exists thanks to Zeph's work xD.
-I'm looking forward to future comments!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
OK JV finally freed up some space for the demo! lol.
Gonna get some feedback to ya soon, hopefully :)

Braemon

Trust No One
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
Well, I won't answer all of them, but here are a few answers.

-You start in Moki, Kevlar is the scond town you go in the game.
-You can't choose your starter because I wanted to it be like that, but I 'll post what answers you need to give to get the different starters.
-In the option menu, you can set the game quality to low, thats all you can do...
-Thx for the compliments, btw, the impecable english in the game exists thanks to Zeph's work xD.
-I'm looking forward to future comments!

Well JV you have a good thing going here! its pretty amazin! will all of your mon's be available to catch in the game? Also thanks for clearin up the town thing for me lol

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well JV you have a good thing going here! its pretty amazin! will all of your mon's be available to catch in the game? Also thanks for clearin up the town thing for me lol

Yes, all of them will...

Well guys to comemorate the 200 downloads of the game demo, I made a little userbar for you =].

5k59xz.png

Code:
[ URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157236"][ IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/5k59xz.png[/IMG][/URL]

Remove the spaces!

Btw, I would like to know what you guys would like to see in the next update, and also, if you have finished the demo, post here or pm me your team and the levels of your pokémon to me!

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2010
You know, I've been lurking around for a very long time here checking out this game and drooling over it for quite a long time. Now it's time for me to post and say "what an amazing job!!" You got a demo out, nice. How much does this particular demo cover?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2011
hi, i just downloaded the game and i can't play it because it says that the emerald fonts cannot be downloaded, and then it starts over and tries to download them again. it can't go past that screen.

correction* it doesn't even finish now, it says that some fonts aren't on the system and starts over

Last edited:

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
hi, i just downloaded the game and i can't play it because it says that the emerald fonts cannot be downloaded, and then it starts over and tries to download them again. it can't go past that screen.

correction* it doesn't even finish now, it says that some fonts aren't on the system and starts over

In order for this to work, you need to install the fonts (included with the beta) onto the computer. Open the folder where Pokémon Uranium is. There's a subfolder called Fonts. Open it.

In a separate window, open up Control Panel. Open the Fonts folder there.

Now, drag and drop the fonts from the Uranium subfolder to the Control Panel's Fonts folder. After the fonts install, run the game again. It should work.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
You know, I've been lurking around for a very long time here checking out this game and drooling over it for quite a long time. Now it's time for me to post and say "what an amazing job!!" You got a demo out, nice. How much does this particular demo cover?

Thx for the compliment man. That demo lasts 2 hours and a half, and it goes till past after the second gym.

In order for this to work, you need to install the fonts (included with the beta) onto the computer. Open the folder where Pokémon Uranium is. There's a subfolder called Fonts. Open it.

In a separate window, open up Control Panel. Open the Fonts folder there.

Now, drag and drop the fonts from the Uranium subfolder to the Control Panel's Fonts folder. After the fonts install, run the game again. It should work.
Thx for helping out people here Cadgod =].

Hey, JV. Just wanted to drop a line and say the demo is pretty awesome. The one thing I find annoying is the menu's slow speed... Is that going to be sped up in future releases? Or is it just my computer?
Well, if the menu is slow, than it's your computer, in the options menu, you can change the game quality to low, which would make the game run a bit faster.

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
Hey! I've just finished the demo, and it has exceeded my expectations completely! (and these were really high)
I've ended with a flaafy (lvl 15), a baashaun (lvl 15), a owten (lvl 16), a barewl (lvl 16), an orchynx (lvl 15)and a terlaro (lvl 22).

Some bugs:
1) when you go to "summary" of a pokemon and change moves, the regular (the not green one) summary screen appears.

2) after you fought terlard, got through the tunnel and have spoken to the hiker, when you go back in the tunnel you come back in the tunnel, but not were you were first. it is also not possible to return to said cave, because of the boulders that terlard has trhown (in the sequence behind you, but after the glitch before you)

I'll try to make a screenshot of that one.

3a) when you go to the second floor of the tunnel (same floor as terlard) you don't have double team fights anymore (its disabled too when you go back down)
3b) the "heal your pokemon script" is gone too, on the same way

4)not really a bug, but will you complete the nestcard in the pokedex? it shows the card, but without information about the whereabouts of the pokemon.

Once again, it was really fun to play.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
I'm really happy that this project is developing so good;) Unfortunately I don't have time to play this demo, I think I will just wait for the final version;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back