• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cap Pikachu Adventure

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
We stroll straight towards the moment we get to the Pokémon Center where I get the six Pikachu's out of the Bank and into my Party.
Sorry Rowlet. (Actually, I'm not.)

Firstly, before entering the Trainer's School, I went to Pokémon Refresh to up their Affection as far as I can.
Original Pikachu (OP) already had 4/5 hearts, so that is a bonus I wasn't aware of.
That's just for the better, since it is in Level 1 and has the longest road to get up to par.

So we go through the Trainer's School with quite a bit of ease, thanks to Sinnoh Pikachu (SP).
And soon,
OP and Hoenn Pikachu (HP) were almost on par with him.
I tried to do some more training in the tall grasses of Hau'Oli City, which gets difficult if only MAGNEMITES appear.

Eventually I decided to discard this and focus on beating Trainers instead, and we straight towards Team Skull and Captain Ilimi.
And they were no trouble at all. Kalos Pikachu (KP) took them easily.

We press on towards Route 2 and paid a visit to the Hau'Oli Cemetery and Big Wave Beach, fighting all Trainers we could battle.
OP, HP, SP did most of the work and are doing very well, going through the levels at a nice pace.

And afterwards, we headed to our first trial. Beating some Yungoos and Gumshoos.
With Alola Pikachu (AP) infront, there was not much trouble either.
After all, it was already at Level 19, so he was pretty OP (I mean overpowered, not Original Cap Pikachu!!) already.

We go through Route 3 to the Melemele Meadow, where Rotom got us an Exp. Bonus,
which I took advantage of and made sure OP, HP, SP, Unova Pikachu (UP) get leveled up quickly and get just about equal on Level as KP and AP.

Now here's the issue: Pokémon will obey you up until Lvl. 20 when they are from a different game,
so when battling Kahuna Hala my Alola Pikachu suddenly began to disobey! Due to this, it lost against Crabrawler, leaving SP to finish the job and complete the battle.

With that, the maximum Level I can reach for now is Level 35. So I better watch it now.
Then again, getting as high as possible level is probably a necessity given Pikachu lackluster stats.
So with that said, the Alola Challenge is looking to get pretty challenging, especially towards the later parts.

Lastly, I'm going to give the Pikachu's their own nicknames. Hopefully they'll be more fun and easier to remember. I have a concept on how I'll name them, so you will hear them soon ;)

Anyhoo, we have arrived at Akala Island and our off to three more Island Challenges.
See you next.

Absolitetion

Years
We have arrived at Akala Island, to continue the Island Challenge there.

So, I have names for my Pikachu's! Not in-game because I cannot change them, but in this Journal they will be know as follows:

From left to right:
Omega, Fulminum, Altilium, [Let's just say that is me], Ampere, Volt, Tonitrus

pikachu.png

You guessed it: all have something to do with electricity. And is mostly in Latin ^_^
(Now I see the picture, I haven't gotten Partner Cap Pikachu yet! Not that it'll be in the party, but, yeah...)

All right, so, we resume our journey into getting our Pikachu Army further down the road.
We pass through Route 4, visited the Pikachu Valley, Paniola Town/Ranch, Route 5, all the way to Brooklet Hill for our first Trial in Akala.
Luckily this was Water-type so I thought this would be very easy.
Especially because we we got a Pikashunium Z so I expected to turn the Totem Pokémon into absolutely nothing.
I noticed Tonitrus fell a little behind so I let him do the battling throughout the Trial.

However, when I used my Z-Move on the Araquanid, it didn't turn out to become a One-Hit KO... It only got to about 2/3 of total damage. That did not went to my expectations!
Eventually the Araquanid took him out so Fulminum finished the job. Trial 1 out of 3 done.

So we press on to Route 6, Royal Avenue, and Route 7 to reach Wela Volcano Park, where we challenge the next Trial. And it showed the first signs of difficulty.
Totem Marowak had pretty strong offensives. But nontheless, we beat him thanks due a little bit of training on the waters on the eastern side of Route 7.

After that, we got Pokémon Pelago, where I got some Rainbow Beans to maximize the affection of all the Pikachu's.
It will be needed for the rest of the journey, as we'll deal with stronger and stronger Pokémon as we move on.

We resume training in Route 8 until all Pikachu were about Level 30 and I thought to be ready to take on the third Trial. And difficult it did prove to be.
Lurantis's Solar Blast proved to be difficult, especially with the Type-deficit we have. I am so not looking forward for the battle against Hapu... I'm not sure how I am going to address that yet...
But nontheless, after Static finally did its job, it made things a little easier, and with a few Roto Boosts we finally took it down!

Afterwards we go to Konikoni City where we go to our final test at Akala Island, which was against Kahuna Olivia. Here Rock-type were not much of an issue:
Iron Tail against Aniroth and Lileep followed by a 10'000'000 Volt Thunderbolt + Static on Lycanroc did the job.

So now my Pikachu were between Level 32-34, so we managed to stay under the danger zone.
We head to Aether Paradise to battle Nihilego and get a little Exp. there. And after that little tidbit, we go to Ula'Ula Island for out next challenge.

See you then. I might write a little more expanded on that area because I didn't get further than this in my previous round. See ya!

Absolitetion

Years
We are at Ula'Ula Island now!

And as soon as we get to land, we battle Hau once again, but he has become very hard to handle.
His Raichu took half my team thanks to his psychic and very disadvantageous typing.
In the end, our team got beaten with only his Tauros left.
We were around Lvl. 33 - 35, but obviously, things were not looking up so far.

---

We head to Malie Garden to begin training for our next Trial, upon Mountain Hokulani.
Furthermore, we checked the new Kantonian Gym which I got through without any fuss. The Gym was mixed in typing, but not that high leveled.
We also checked the Outer Cape for some battling.

Route 10 contained a bunch of Stuffull I had to sent back to their trainer. After fulfilling the job we headed to the Observatory, where we'd have our Electric-Type Trial.

---

I'd imagine this become a problem considering Vikavolt was on the Sun and Moon games. But no, we have a pissed-looking Togedemaru instead, with a Defense Boost.
On one hand, I can be happy, because Omega's and Tonitrus's Brick Break can help. But then again, extra defense stats! Yay...!

Tonitrus spent so much time in Battle against Togedemaru, Skarmory and Dedenne, but things went really slow.
I think I had at least 25 turns in battle. And when I got its health to the halfway point... SITRUS BERRY!!!

Despite the eternity that this battle was taking, we finally beat Togedemaru after some Iron Tail lowered its defense.
Tonitrus had to deal with Torment, which was not really handy, since his other attacks are electric, and then we got Lightning Rod... yeah.

He did not finish the battle himself: he fainted eventually so Fulminum finished the job.
But yeah, it was a long, hard-fought battle, but we emerged victorious.

---

So off we head through Routes 11, 12 and 13, to Tapu Village. We paid a visit to the Aether House and afterwards gotten access to the Abondoned Site on Route 14.

---

The Pikachu's have leveled up to around Lvl. 42-44, when we attempt the Ghost-type Trial.
I didn't expected a different Totem this time, and indeed, it was Mimikyu!

A little positive was its half Fairy-type, so I could abuse Iron Tail.
But darn it... I really hate the Disguise Ability against me. With that joker Mimikyu had a free Play Rough and took Ampere down in one shot.
Luckily there was Static... not. Lum Berry. This surely turns very annoying.

But to my surprise, the second Iron Tail I hit with Volt struck him down earlier than I predicted!
This left for Altilium (after Volt succumbed after a Will-O-Wisp of Banette) to finish the job and get the Trial finished.
---
We will leave it here for today, as the second part of Ula'Ula Island is the next.
See ya!

Absolitetion

Years
Part two of our time in Ula'Ula Island!

So we just passed the Mimikyu Trial and we head back to Aether Paradise.
Once again, Team Skull is looking for trouble, and making it triple (Cuz they are with three of 'em).

We find out that the girl's little Yungoos has been kidnapped by the Skulls.
So our job is to get to Po Town and break some bones! (Not literally, but, you know... Team Skull... bones... hahahaha I'm trying way too hard now, kill me)

---

Anyhoo, we go through Route 15 with our new Sharpedo. I took some time on the seas to try and train them a little further up until we go continue towards the Meadows and Route 17.
We beat a bunch of Skulls there and soon had entrance to their domain.

Before entering we met Nanu, the dude who doesn't seem to give a sh*t about pretty much anything.
On one hand I find it humorous, but I also find it a bit annoying...

---

Into enemy territory we work our way to the Shady House.
Beating some Grunts, finding the secret passwords and battling Guzma eventually.

First Impression is a very annoying move as it tends to One Hit KO my Pikachu.
And oddly I'd think it would be not very effective... but I tend to think that with all Bug-Type moves by almost all types that isn't Dark, Psychic or Grass. Heh.

Well, Guzma was a bit annoying but we managed to beat him in a go.

---

We save Yungoos and make our way out back to the Aether House, where we learn Lillie was taken most likely to Aether Paradise.
Gladion just challenged me while I hadn't healed my Pokémon yet... so he beat me easily.
But no harm, as we decide to go, together with Hau, to the AP to try and save Lillie.

---

But before that, we get to battle Nanu to complete the Trial of Ula'Ula Island.
And his Dark-types were a pain in the arse. Especially Krokorok with his Earthquake.
Oh man. Earthquakes are going to slaughter my Pikachu team from now on. I'm not liking this!
I needed to give Omega and Tonitrus Fightium Z with Brick Break so it can stand a chance.
And it worked, so with that I completed the Trial.

Off to Aether Paradise... next time.

(Also, I really need to jot down what happens, because I'm way ahead at the moment and forgetting details of the battles.)

Absolitetion

Years
Aether Paradise

Me, Hau and Gladion enter the Docks and we try to defeat as many trainers in the process.
My Pikachu need to be a number of levels ahead all the time, especially with the lack of base stats.

Anyhoo, we beat a good amount of employees on our way and reach the elevator.
We go up to first floor where we were awaited be Faba.

I thought this was bad considering by then my Pikachu's were not in the best of shape against Hypno.
But in the desparation, a 10'000'000 Volt Thunderbolt did it in one hit.

---

So now we can reach the lower floor to find Lillie, but Faba's evil smirk does not show promise.
At B2F we were ambushed by three AFE's, but I got through them.

We were looking for Lillie, but she was not here. We find information on Cosmog.
Apparently it may be an UB himself...

---

We return to the 1F where more AFE's are awaiting us. We have a double battle with Hau and made it through with ease.
We learn we need to make our way to the President (Lusmaine).
But again, Faba and some AFE's are blocking our way.

Now we battle together with Gladion. Two battles, the first one went fairly well, the second one was difficult, especially with Claydol's Earth Power. (Darned Ground-types! And I cannot repel against them)
More annoyingly is that we first struck down the APE before Faba's Claydol. It did a few Pikachu's at the time.
But nontheless, we got through.

---

Finally we get outside where our next obstacle awaits us! Team Skull and their leader Guzma.
And its Bug Pokémon do not do me much favours. Again, First Impression is a bitch, and Vikavolt took long to get its HP down. I needed a few revives to make it through.

---

We get inside their house... and the is the Ultra Recon Squad hindering me, though they were not difficult to pass. We enter the room behind them, where we finally meet Lillie with her mother.

And we get a better understand of the situation. In short, Lusmaine is using Cosmog to get into Ultra Space,
for purposes to save the world and capture Necorzma, who is said to steal the light.
The deal is that her ways of doing this could potentially kill Cosmog.

We end up battling her.
And it wasn't an easy battle, with Pokémon as Milotic, Bewear and Liligant in her arsenal.
A mix of affection luck, Z-Moves, Revives and Potions, helped me through the battle.
I think it wouldn't have matter whether I'd lose or not, but continuing the story...

We move on, she opens a Portal using Cosmog and gets in. But surprise, Guzma, who just entered the room, joins her into the Portal!

Now that has happened, we find out Cosmog turned into Cosmoem.
And we learn our new task to where we continue our story:
we must go to Poni Island, get a Sun Flute, head towards the Altar of the Sunne and summon Solgaleo.

But that is for the next chapter.
See you then.

Absolitetion

Years
We reach Seafolk Village, Poni Island.

Together with Lillie we go on a mission to reach the Altar of the Sunne and get into the Ultra Space,
in an attempt to find her mother.
She has got herself a new outfit for the journey. She looks good in it.
It's her 'Z-Powered form'. Right then.

---

Off to Seafolk Village we meet Mina where we look for Hapu, the Kahuna of the Island.
I tried to train my Pikachu before heading to the Canyon because... well they need it.
They needed the boost and so I headed to the Poni Breaker Coast so they can beat some Water-Pokémon.
Except for Gastrodon. Damn Water-Ground types...

We ask Hapu to help us out as the Kahuna, but there is no official Kahuna. Though she would help us out with out quest.
But before that, we get the Machamp Ride! I just find it look so awkward as it carries you xD

Into the Ruins of Hope, Hapu has been declared to be the Kahuna of the Island.

---

Before going to the Altar of the Sunne, we need two flutes: the Moon- and Sun Flute.

We already have the Moon Flute, but we must get the Sun Flute on Exeggutor Island. So we head there, beat three Pinsir (I caught one of them for the sake of Pelago)
that are pissing off the Exeggutor, get their help and get the Sun Flute.

---

Back to Poni Island, we make our way to the Vast Poni Canyon, which happens to be blocked by Team Skull, who try to stop us for... well, dumb reason.
Plumeria calls them off, asks to save Guzma as well and gives us a Poisonium Z.

---

At the entrance of the Canyon we meet Dulse and Zossie again. The URS seem confident to handle the job themselves, but just to be sure they try to beat me. Well, nope.
I'm the protagonist so I'm gonna do it.

---

So, finally into the canyon! We try to get through but it was actually really troublesome due to many strong Trainers.
But we manage to make it through...

Until the last guy in the line of three trainers before the entrance of Kommo-o's domain.
His Flygon and its Earthquake struck down my team. Back to the PC it is!

And thus, we trained a little bit more, get a few levels up, and we challenge him again.
I definitely needed some luck with Affection Avoid but we beat Flygon and his other Pokémon, and we made it through.

---

Now our last challenge awaits. The Totem Pokémon. And he was a real challenge. Luckily Static did its thing, otherwise we'd totally done by him. Noivern as a support Pokémon was also really annoying.

But with revivals in store and some tricks and Z-Moves we defeated Kommo-o!
And now, it is time to climb up the Altar...

That, in the next post!

Sigh... finally I have caught up to where I really am. Right now, all my Pikachu are Level 62, and have little variation in their move pool.
I should put in consideration to harvest lots of berries that lower the EV and give them a speciality in either Attack or Sp. Attack + Speed, because when it is all-round,
I am not sure if it will work, but it is getting tougher and tougher...

Last edited:

Absolitetion

Years
Into the Ultra Womhole

We have completed the Trial and are now on our way to clim up the altar.
I'd imagine it being painful on your feet and I can tell as I have climbed the Cologne Cathedral.

So, together with Lilli we played the Flutes, which we apparently can.
Lillie also felt it would be to wait until the sun rises to play. Good idea, as it is 11 PM at night anway.
Let's wat for 9 hours until the sun comes up!!

---

Either way, we played the flute, and after some magical happening, Cosmoem evolved into Solgaleo.
Suddenly, both Guzma and Lusmaine fell out of a Wormhole, and along with them was Necrozma,
who obviously took them down.

Solgaleo got into a fight with this Beast but was defeated by it. Necrozma fused with him.
Meanwhile, on the other islands, we see that Kahuna's battle against the Ultra Beasts that appear out of nowhere.

---

And see we fight against the Necrozma fused with Solgaleo. It mostly uses Sunsteel Strike and Morning Sun as moves.
Necrozma was Level 50, but we beat him thanks to Altilium, with whom's high special attack we launched a Z-move on it and took him down.

---

Necrozma then disappeared in front of us. The skies turned dark as it steals the light from Alola.
Above us is a large hole, presumably in which we can travel dimensions.
The USR give me the chance to ride upon Lunala, to find Necrozma and defeat it again.
Suddenly we wear their outfit and off with Lunala we go!

First time we travelled some wild locations, and caught a Crustle on the way.
Eventually we got it right and ended up in the Megalopolis. Up ahead is the Megalo Tower where Necrozma awaits us.
Climbing up, we learn that Necrozma has transformed into his ultimate form. We try to battle it...
but we failed miserably. Its Prismatic Laser is frighteningly powerful.

---

Following the defeat, I decided to roam Alola a bit and discover places I haven't been before, like
the cave at Big Wave Beach. Which was terribly anti-climatic as it has only two items.
Along with that, we did some more training.
And along with that, a different tactic: the TOXIC-tactic. How it works, is pretty simple:
I try to poison it, and then stall it until it faints.

However, doing so was hard. I had to do several soft resets until a Prismatic Laser doesn't OHKO me. Fortunately, it came to happen and as a result Necrozma finally was defeated!

---

Solgaleo is no longer under control, the light was back and we get Poipole as a gift!
Meanwhile, our little Nebby has been weakened, so he will be taken care of by Aether.

And so, we return to the Altar, where we see Mina return, interested in what happened.
We learn that our Island Challenge is not over yet.

This in the next chapter.

Absolitetion

Years
The Final Island Challenge

Back in Seafolk Village we encounter Mina in her Whiscash House, where we battle her.
Her Pokémon are all Fairy-Type, which means our Iron Tail would be good for use.

However, that is just dimished as two of the three Fairy-types have the ability Intimidate, which I feel,
is somewhat ironic.
Grandbull was also a pain in the arse with its Earthquake.
But nontheless, the Battle wasn't too hard to win, and we complete the Trial...... not yet.
Because we have to collect the six Petals from other Trial Captains.

---

So we go back to Melemele Island to the Hau'Oli Cemetery to battle Ilima.
She was actually pretty easy to defeat. However, we encounter another shocker...
The Level Cap was only Lvl. 65... and Altilium has reached Level 66!!!
While the others are at Level 65, it means we are in really big trouble... out of security I disabled the Exp. Share.
I really need the Common Candies from Pokémon Reborn right now!

Spoiler:

Next we go to Akala where we battle Mallow. Knowing it was Grass-type I knew it could get tough, despite being over 10 levels higher.
And it was below my expectations... Trevenant has this very annoying tactic of Leech Seed + Horn Leech, making the Toxic near-futile at times.
We beat Trevenant in the end, Shiintonic was pretty easy, but Tsaeerna eventually handed us a loss as I had only one Pokémon left in my team and didn't use Revives.

---

Try two, Trevenant got hit by Static when I actually did not want it.
So I tried to use an X Attack with Ampere and get a Z-Move to take him down. And after that worked,
things went more smoothly, and we have beaten Mallow, at which we get two petal, as Lana shared us hers, too.

---

Next up: Kiawe. For this I had a different tactic in mind. Disobedient Pokémon first!
His first Pokémon was Arcanine. With a Flare Blitz he took Altilium down in one go, but got victim of Static.
Later also took down Fulminum, but with that, he also took down himself.
Second, was Talonflame. Thunder(bolt), done.
Lastly Marowak, did a Toxic, made sure to hold on as long as possible and done.

But then... Hiker David wanted to battle as well?! Luckily he wasn't a difficulty.
That's the Red Petal.

Right now, we still have 5 out of 6 in the right zone, but they are getting awfully close!

---

Next is Sophcles, with Togedemaru to begin with.
It took a bit, due to a mix of many Hyper Potions, and Spiky Shield.
We beat him with Fulminum but due to Iron Barbs he also fainted at the same time, meaning no Exp. You'd cheer for that for once. Heh.
Next were Magnezone and Golem, which were not much of a big deal with Brick Break.

However, during the Battle, Omega got to Lv. 66. That's two of them now... Yikes.

---

Then we moved on to Aether House, where we would battle Nanu.
However, he could not give a fuck and just gave us his Petal.
... ... ... okay, then.

---

So now, we have collected them all and have a Rainbow Petal! We took it to Mina and showed it to her.
Then, we get to fight the Totem Pokémon... Ribombee.

And oh my geez, it was so OP! Next to already having its stats sharply boosted, it also used Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz! It was like battling a Legendary Pokémon!
The Pikachu Squad were squashed like flies... by an insect!

---

So we had to think of something different. I went for an X Attack and Z-Move Iron Tail again, hoping we'd get lucky. And we did! A OHKO after Affection Endure got into play and I could do a move and with a critical hit, take down that darned bee.
That way, beating Pelipper was very easy.

Thus we completed the trial and got our Fairium Z.

---

So lastly, we had the final Trial again Hapu at Exeggutor Island.

However, this battle was just too much for my Pikachu. I tried to battle it several times, but nothing worked out.
So I was forced to hire Marshadow in the place of one of the disobedient Pikachu.
Technically, this would mean I have lost the challenge. But hey, how can you blame me with Ground-types? Even with using all revives it was no good. All the attacks just OHKO's all my Pikachu.

Marshadow was only Lvl. 50, but with his incredible moveset and stats better than my Pikachu in general already, we managed to work things out,
even if I needed to use a couple of revives.

With that, we defeated Hapu and completed the Poni Island Trial.
The Pikachu can finally go up to Lvl. 80 until we run into trouble again.

Next up, we head to the Elite Four!

Absolitetion

Years
Victory Mountain / Elite Four

We are heading up to Mount Lanakila to find out way to the E4.

---

Before we even get up we encounter Gladion once again, with whom we have a battle.
Omega was first in line and defeated both Crobat and Zoroark, but succumbed due to the Hail.

But once we encountered Silvally, we struggled slightly with its Multi-Attack.
But we eventually managed with Volt and defeated Gladion.
Post-battle, he mentioned Lillie was at the Mahalo Trial, so I decided to payed her a visit.

---

We meet her together with Nebby. She entrusts me with Nebby, given my capabilities.
So we had a battle against Nebby and we captured it.

And back we go to Mount Lanakila!~

---

We instantly recognize that Victory Road has significantly changed. The route has been altered, there are more trainers...
It feels more like a Victory Road, but it still feels shorter than I am used to front it.

We take the northern route and to my surprise found Necrozma in a crater, seeming in a bad state.
We triggered a battle with Necrozma and captured it as well.
After the battle, we meet Colress, who gives us a Z-Solarizer and a Z-Lunarizer.

We make our way through and nearly failed to complete the cave because of a Master & Apprentice at the ending. Boy, they were a handful!

---

Anyhoo, we reached the E4 and decided to go for a first impression run on the group.
The E4 have Pokémon between Lvl. 56 - 57, which was a little lower than I expected.
Even so, I knew they were not to be underestimated, particularly with my Pikachu and their lack of solid base stats, except for Speed.

I tried out Kahili first, as she is far-out the easiest target. Next I tried Olivia, but had great trouble with Pokémon with Ground-type moves.
She defeated me, but it left me with having an idea at what to expect a bit.

---

So I went on to Train my Pikachu to about Level. 72-73.
Once again, I noticed Tonitrus was falling behind again. It is a common trait to him. And to be fair, his IVs are mediocre to my idea, in contrast to others. A little rundown:

Omega: Great Attack, Sp. Attack lackluster, Sp. Def good
Tonitrus: Overall at most stats it ranks 4th or 5th. Mediocre.
Fulminum: Poor defense, but overall decent.
Volt: Good HP, Bulky defense, lesser Sp. Defense, fastest Pikachu of all
Altilium: Overall the best Pikachu I have. 1st or 2nd in all stats.
Ampere: Overall, not too impressive. Just slightly edges out on Tonitrus.​

So I trained them up to about Lvl. 72 to give it a second try.

---

Again, starting with Kahili, easy, next we have a new face! Molayne (Sophocles' brother) takes over for Hala with Steel Types.
Dugtrio was a disaster with its Earthquake, but Altilium showed its brilliance one again.
It also struck down Metagross with 10 million Volt Thunderbolt and helped us through.

A few revives and potions later we arrive at Olivia. Knowing her attacks and Pokémon, plus having strong Pikachu,
she became lesser of a burden, and with some revives used in battle we beat her as well.

Last but not least was Acerola with her Ghost-Types. Apart from Dhelmise and Palossand in particular, she wasn't too hard to defeat.
Again, we used a few revives in Battle, but we beat her and now we are off to take the throne...

Or aren't we??

Next: THE CHAMPION BATTLE!

Absolitetion

Years
The Champion Battle!

It took me a number of tries, but after finding that my Pikachu after could use a few more levels, I decided to take the last try not very serious and to just get it over with.

After Raichu took down two of my Pokémon and I eventually beat it, Tauros was next, and I knew its Earthquake would demolish the team.
So for the heck of it I just told Fulminum to use its Z-Move on him, not that it would matter.

But surprise, he avoids the attack and OHKO's Tauros with its move. Suddenly I had a little bit of hope!

Next was Crabominable, whose Ice Hammer was a little bit of a pain, but it was defeated with only one Pikachu fainting. Iron Tail all the way!
Next was Primarina, which I did a Volt Tackle on. OHKO, but since Volt had only 1 HP due to Endure Affection, it of course went down as well.

Last but not least we had Noivern, and I had to spam some Revives and Potions to find a moment where it didn't faint my Pikachu with its Dragon Pulse.
I took another Volt Tackle gamble and it paid off instantly! Noivern was defeated, Hau is defeated

..and I'm champion!

So with that, the Journal is not quite over yet. What are the plans?

I do intend to cover the post-game stories anda Title Defense to conclude everything.
And some other shenenigans that I am going to do.

So now, a quick run down of the credits:
- We have a Festival at Iki Town to celebrate my victory.
- Everyone is here. We see some reunions, like Sophocles with Molayne.
- Team Skull abolishes?
- Zygarde is in Resolution Cave
- We see the URS and Colress in Aether Paradise
- Gladion leaves on a boat
- Me and a group at the site of the Totem.
- Some fireworks

Proud of my team!

OMEGA
TONITRUS
FULMINUM
VOLT
Altilium
AMPERE
Spoiler:

And also thanks to whoever took the time to read my journal.
I hope it was any good, for a first time :P

Last edited:

Absolitetion

Years
Ultra Beasts in Alola?

We wake up the next morning and Hau enters our home.
He seems to be taking a liking for our Kanto Meowth. He tells us some weird people are outside our house, so let's see who they are.

It is the Ultra Recon Squad and they invite us to head to Poni Grove, as Ultra Beasts have been spotted there. I decided to take a Mantine to Poni Island and from the Poni Beach to go to the Grove.

---

So we get there, we walk into the grass and we encounter Blacephalon. Boy, do I hate this design.
We try to lower its HP, but its Mind Blown is a freakishly annoying attack, as it takes half its own HP.
So the first time we battle one, we made it faint.

The second attempt was more of a success, as we manage to capture it in a UB Ball.
We get to keep ours, while Hau gives his to the URS.

And that was it for this day.

---
(Nah, we have a bit more than this.)
---

Next day, Sophocles out of all comes to our door, and he requests for assistance. His Festival Plaza (which I have not even used at this point!)
is taken over by a gang calling themselves Team Rainbow Rocket.

So I must go through the Battle Agency to help him fight them off, as he has lost some of his admin rights, which was too much mature language for one of the TRR members we interacted.
Just to nail down that this is still a kids game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We had to battle only one guy which was pretty easily done with our borrowed Primarina.
And that was all we had to do. While all of them Pokémon were Poison-type, none of them used Poison moves.
I do love the new Team (Rainbow) Rocket Battle Theme Redux, though.

So with that, Team Rainbow Rocket got 'kicked from the server', so to speak, and Festival Plaza is back in Sophocles' control.

---

We get back home where we learn that Meowth learned a new move: turning on the TV!
Over there we see that in Aether Paradise, Lusmaine is holding an interview in regards of what happened at Poni Island with the black clouds, but that the situation is under control.

Suddenly we see that TRR is invading the Aether Paradise and all hell breaks loose!
The office of Lusmaine gets taken over.
This is where the Team Rainbow Rocket Episode is getting started.
Lillie walks in our house and we make plans to get there and stop TRR in their tracks.

---

But first, we go through the eastern Poni Island to fill the map and reach the Battle Tree.
On our way, we captured a Heracross and an Emolga.
We skip the the Meadow as we meet Looker and Nanu headed to the same destination.

Through the Poni Coast and Gauntlet we go. We battle a number of Trainers we encounter
and make our way, at last, to the Battle Tree.

---

We meet Red and Blue there. I chose to battle Blue and see we got into a fierce match.
He had a strong team with Alakazam, Arcanine, Exeggutor, Gyarados and Aerodactyl.

Even so, our Pikachu were now at around Lvl. 80 against his at about Lvl. 60. It was a difficult match,
but in the end managed to defeat him.

Exploring the Battle Tree we find ourselves a Bewear to play with. I did this for a little time, but figured I should stop before Bewear will break my spine hugging me...

---

Next time around we'll head to the Team Rainbow Rocket Castle.

Absolitetion

Years
Storming The Castle

We head for Aether Paradise where Team Rainbow Rocket has taken over the home of Lillie.
The Aether Paradise itself seemed pretty much unharmed but it is what happened behind it where the mess is taking place.

And naturally, there are a bunch of Grunts waiting for me to pass by and attempt to stop me.
With little explaination required, this had no success whatsoever.

But before we could reach the castle, Faba again stands in our way, with one of the AP employees.
So we got in a double battle with Lillie. Who had only one Pokémon: a Clefairy that played a support role... for the time that it was in battle.

Faba and its partner were very annoying, with Pokémon as Claydol with its Ground-typing.
I first took down all the employee's Pokémon before getting to Faba, but by then it had become a one-on-one battle, I think.

After Claydol, we got through with relative ease until Bruxish, whose Psychic Fangs were really awful.
Nontheless, we got through and entered the castle.

---

We get inside the building, walk through the bedroom, only to find out the teleporter doesn't work.
Lillie and I thus intended to check a back door, but we get ambushed by Team Rainbow Rocket members. Things don't look good...

Until we see Guzma out of all people stopping them and sends us to find whoever runs this show.
And what also turns out, is that the castle is a maze with puzzles. So we take one of the routes, beat some Grunts on our way until we found a large door guarded by Grunts.

---

I decided to leave it with this and head down the other way. Solve that maze, beat the Rocket Grunts, and we find another big door guarded by Grunts.
This time I took them on and beat them. Now what was left is what's ahead of us...
We got through the door, and whom do we meet? Archie! The idiot that wants the sea levels to rise to huge levels.

We battle his Pokémon, but I hadn't recharged my Pikachu beforehand, and I was also mostly testing what he has. We wouldn't get far.

---

So with that, I took a break on the castle in attempt to up their levels to around Lvl. 90.
Along with that I did some other shenenigangs.

- I caught a few Pokémon, one of which was a Buzzwole.
- I trained the Pikachu using the Chansey SOS method (you can find them in a bush at Poni Plains)
- Some Mantine Surfing. I broke all high scores and got a Surf Pikachu in return! It would be incredibly useful, but since it is hasn't got a Cap I cannot really use it...​

After done all that, we headed back to the castle, where I'm looking for a rematch against Archie, and whatever else is inside there...

TO BE CONTINUED

Absolitetion

Years
Encountering Past Enemies

So we battle Archie for a second time. This time, we were more prepared and things went quite easy.
Since its team is mostly Water-Type, we get through without much trouble.
His last Pokémon was a Kyogre, to my surprise. I didn't want to take risks so I went for a Volt Tackle.
It was a OHKO, but at the same time Volt fainted for that reason.

We go to the other room and we meet Maxie of Team Magma. His team was a bit more of a hassle because of its ground-types. And, well know, Groudon.
Since it spammed Earthquake, I had to rely on Toxic to take it down.

Next we go upstairs where we meet different puzzles. One of them is with Meowth Alarms. Nice Gen II reference.
And in the end we meet "Lə-sɒ̃n-drɛ" (to make it sound very French, like I do for the lulz with city/towns in Kalos).
It went quite all right. Mienshao fainted when she missed a Hi Jump Kick and Mega Gyarados was not much trouble. Iron Tail for Yveltal and there we go.

Going the other way, we meet the spiral things of Gen I. Very nice.
Next up was Cyrus. His Dialga was a bit of a pain, but we got through nontheless.

Finally, we got access to the portal and finally meet the great masterplan of this castle himself.
That is, we could do that if Ghetsis isn't getting in our way!
Pokémon as Hydreigon and Zekrom were really troublesome, especially the latter because the typing is not suiting my team at all.
Could be worse. It could know Earthquake, for example...

And finally we reach Giovanni... the leader of Team Rainbow Rocket, where we gonna settle things once and for all.

At least, that was the idea. But nooooooooo! HE HAS A DUGTRIO!
You what Dugtrio have? Ridiculous high speed! What else do they have? You guessed it... EARTHQUAKE.

Guess who has developed a furious irrational hatredy to these bald fucks? Yup... ME!

I wasn't really bothered in using Revives because I knew his team would be full of Ground-types or Ground-move users. So we must admit defeat again and I guess level them up a bit more!

Absolitetion

Years
THE FINAL BATTLE

So. We did some training. Our PIkachu now are between Lv. 96-98.
And I have a plan.

I have given Volt a Light Ball so he can hopefully sweep the Dugtrio right off the battlefield in the first turn.
Which we do. At least that is one burden less...

Next up came Nidoking. We managed to defeat it with three Iron Tails.
Luckily Fulminum escaped fainting by enduring both Earthquake and expelling a Poison Point!

Then we got Rhyperior with Tonitrus. I used the Toxic attack first before taking it down with Iron Tail.

Then we get Nidoqueen. Tonitrus got hit with Poison Point and Earth Power so Altilium needed to get the job done.

And at this point it got really hard. Because we got Mewtwo. And it is very fast. Faster than all Pikachu, and with the came an Mega Evolution. So I decided to spam Revives until he stopped using Earthquake.

When it ran out of PP, I kept the same tactic going until Static got in affect.
It took only two turns for it to activate, after which we used a 10'000'000 Volt Thunderbolt to get a OHKO and defeat Mewtwo.

And there we go! We have beaten Team Rainbow Rocket and completed the post-game story.

Lusamine recovers from her slumber and Faba gets demoted to an intern.
Well, he got lightly off. I'd have fired his arse and deeply ruin its reputation. But eh, game's choice...

For helping we got 55 Big Nuggets (= 1.1M PokéDollars), which I pretty much spent on getting the Kommo-o outfit. Only missing the headwear.

I lastly made sure that all my Pikachu are Lvl. 100.

With this I am putting this Journal to a close. I may show all stats later on after I collected 5 more Gold Bottle Caps and maximized all their stats, but the train stops here.
I cancel the Title Defense because I secretly already did it... and it was underwhelming.

Either way, I hope this was enjoyable to read.
Maybe I'll write another Journal? Or maybe I have something bigger in mind... :wink:

Back