• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.:: Pokémon KD (Kanto Dimension) ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chikase Fortala

Trading Mannn
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2007
Hi again Matt, i do really like this comic. Something that bugs me though, is that you double the size of places/sprites. I think it would look good at 1x size.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
I must say that the posts in here are getting quite poor. Sprite comic rules state that more substantial posts are required for this section - just saying that you like it isn't really meeting requirements, as seen below.

Matt Silver, I understand that you'd like more posts - I think most every thread starter in the Pixel Art section would. But in holding the thread 'hostage' (as someone so eloquently put it), you are bring out posts such as lost listed above. I'm not saying that it's your fault though, it's the responsibility of the members to adhere to the rules. Thankfully you have been getting more substantial posts, but I'd rather not see any more similar to those listed above.

I need to find some time to go through all the comics in this section, they seem to be quite good.

*Agrees*. (btw, who said "hostage"? xD).

Thanks for the warning.

Btw, I revamped the first post a little. Thought it might look better.

EDIT: Thread is still under hostage until further notice. Peace out.

EDIT 2: I'd hate to say that SPPF is getting the finale first. I wonder why?

EDIT 3: Call it unfair, but I am really PO'd. I've had 300 or so views since posting the last comic - a lot in the last two days.

@ Chikase Fortala: The double size works to show some more facial expressions. Compared to the MD Sprites, 1x sprites are too small. Works out well... I hope. Thanks for posting.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
*Postify*

I'm just waiting to see if he took Charmander in his haste. He being the Rocket. There's not much to crit on in these comics, but I'm gonna look.
And possibly another introduction to SS? You kind of threw that on us. As well as the fact that Angel May is ALONE. What happened to the cheap Silon edit?

Just kidding. It's not that cheap. Well, it wasn't after the revamp.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
*Postify*

I'm just waiting to see if he took Charmander in his haste. He being the Rocket. There's not much to crit on in these comics, but I'm gonna look.
And possibly another introduction to SS? You kind of threw that on us. As well as the fact that Angel May is ALONE. What happened to the cheap Silon edit?

Just kidding. It's not that cheap. Well, it wasn't after the revamp.

Postify... that's good right?

Charmander is with Jay - why wouldn't he? The Rocket guy is now the SS Guy. I had to introduce SS to Jay and his friends, and I wanted to get everything ready for Season 3's storyline. In about Comic 31, I will have Jay explain to his friends everything Angel told him.

What happened to Lyal will be explained in Comic... 27 or so...

I guess you all deserve Comic 24:

Comic 24: Silas aka Season Finale. :P

Chikase Fortala

Trading Mannn
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2007
What i find pretty cool is that the person is called Silas. It is similar to one of the main characters in the series Heroes. Sylar.

强有力

Powerful
Years
How far is it on the next episode? I feel that the last one let you down a little bit... but hopefully the next one will explain why.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Didn't Silon himself cameo? What ever happened to him?!

Silon was in the old comic and he was going to be an agent for SS. In this remake, I did need him again, but Iceman delayed replying for permission until I had already make Silas.

Thanks for posting.

@ Tyler-chan: Next episode will be here tomorrow. I've been like revising for exams lately, and KD work is slow. :(

EDIT: Kinda late... but here it is!

Comic 25: Take Two

Also, I'm currently editing the main character bios... but now I've posted Gym Leader bios!

Gym Leader Bios:
Blacked out means we haven't encountered them as of yet!

1498euu.png
2qum0jo.png
20ra91h.png
b653kk.png
2dt16br.png

2pzirgn.png
sptzdx.png
10gk1ec.png
2lvocc1.png
talitf.png
3l4.png
qsuwqd.png
2qan3b6.png

Row 1 L to R: Justin Sands, Jackie Shepard, Cassy Wave (More to come!)

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
I like this comic, its intresting. Hope yakeep going with it, and I like how
you made the D/P kanto map and chara/gl profiles.

Thanks for posting. By Chara/gl profiles you mean Character Bios? Awesome.
Btw, Comic 26 is all ready to post...

NOTE: I am putting the thread on hiatus. This means that no comics until later.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2009
No comics until later means that I'll have time to catch up on KD!!
Sorry I haven't posted in...a while. :\

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
It's alright. Thanks for posting.

EDIT: I've had a break, and now I'm ready to keep posting comics. Don't ask why now, just read:

Comic 26: ASAP
and
Thanksgiving '07! (Posted three weeks after Thanksgiving '07)

And please post!

Welcome back lol. 26 was pretty funny, especially the "A.S.A.P." moment. Same for the Thanksgiving one.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Matt, your comic is pretty good I must say. The characters are interesting, and their sprites look good. It's clear that you put a lot of effort into each and every panel of your strip, and the results are worthwhile since the strip itself is presented quite nicely with the effective layout of speech bubbles and the use of sprites.

At the moment I've only read the last 10 or so (since it's 4.45am), but I like what I've seen so far. My only qualms are the mixing of sprite styles, which I suppose can't really be helped unless you spend a lot of time (like I did at one point ^^;), and the length of the battles. I suppose you don't want them running over a few pages, but the fact that you skipped a part of the battle kinda broke the rhythm of things.

And why did Seedot evolve upon release into the battle? How did Jay know that? XD

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Matt, your comic is pretty good I must say. The characters are interesting, and their sprites look good. It's clear that you put a lot of effort into each and every panel of your strip, and the results are worthwhile since the strip itself is presented quite nicely with the effective layout of speech bubbles and the use of sprites.

At the moment I've only read the last 10 or so (since it's 4.45am), but I like what I've seen so far. My only qualms are the mixing of sprite styles, which I suppose can't really be helped unless you spend a lot of time (like I did at one point ^^;), and the length of the battles. I suppose you don't want them running over a few pages, but the fact that you skipped a part of the battle kinda broke the rhythm of things.

And why did Seedot evolve upon release into the battle? How did Jay know that? XD

Nice long review. This'll be a challenge:
As for the mixing styles, I know it's a problem and looks kinda bad to mix MD with FR-LG, and I do search the net/try making my own custom battle sprites based off Coronis', but the MD ones is all I've got so far. As for skipping battles, I think you'd find that I skipped that one to continue the story and not bog it down with battles and stuff.

Seedot evolved like that because... training with Cyrus may have been a factor (Check out Comic 6: One Week Later), and Seedot's evolve pretty early. I suppose Jay just told him to hold off evolving until later. Maybe Jay just used "evolution" as a normal attack (Just this once though). That and I needed to make Seedot cooler. (Btw, I'm adding this explanation into Comic 31 - where I have time to put it in).

Thanks for the mega-review Amachi. Keep on reading!

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
Years
Sorry it's been a while since the last review -- life has been insanely busy these past couple months. =/

I like Jay's evolution-battle technique. It's always been a favourite of mine. x3 I'm curious to see what will happen once he and Angel get there. (Too bad the rest of the gang has to walk. =p)

My only complaint isn't much of one. Based on a personal preference, I'd get rid of the black-space where rooms cut off (maybe make the rooms a little larger?) just because of aesthetics. That's about it. Keep it up.

(PS - Loving the violent Thanksgiving, even it's late. x3)

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Sorry it's been a while since the last review -- life has been insanely busy these past couple months. =/

I like Jay's evolution-battle technique. It's always been a favourite of mine. x3 I'm curious to see what will happen once he and Angel get there. (Too bad the rest of the gang has to walk. =p)

My only complaint isn't much of one. Based on a personal preference, I'd get rid of the black-space where rooms cut off (maybe make the rooms a little larger?) just because of aesthetics. That's about it. Keep it up.

(PS - Loving the violent Thanksgiving, even it's late. x3)

It's cool. Thanks for posting eventually. :p
Walking is the way to travel. The black space thing... it really only happens in the smaller areas, and I'm usually zoomed in big enough to get rid of it.
Thanks for posting. A violent Christmas will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back