• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FINALY A TUTORIAL FOR UNLZ GBA AND EXPLANATION ON HOW NOT TO MESS UP COLORS.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Hey, if i may just dig out this thread: i'm having a (seemingly unique) problem:
when i change a pokemons sprite in unLZ the spirte itself looks flawless, but it keeps messing up the colors of the blue bar that comes up when you press start (the one where the different menu options are explained)...the white text stays the way it is, but the background gets messed up...

any ideas, anyone? :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 6, 2016
I am having an issue that I may have seen in only one other spot on this thread, and yes, I'm new to this.

I've followed all of the steps on writing a new sprite to the ROM using unLZ, FSF, Paint, and IrfanView.

Everything appears to go through fine, yet when I walk out of the house or try to withraw the Potion from my box, the game freezes!

Can anyone help me out here? I am obviously doing something wrong, but I havent found an answer anywhere, just other people with the same problem.

Btw, I am using a Pokemon FireRed rom.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 6, 2016
Let me re-iterate that...

When I try to pull the Potion out of my box, the game freezes and the Visual Boy Advance emulator ranks up to 380%

When I walk out of my house, the game restarts...

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
Years
Let me re-iterate that...

When I try to pull the Potion out of my box, the game freezes and the Visual Boy Advance emulator ranks up to 380%

When I walk out of my house, the game restarts...
Just use NSE to put in sprites, also use Chaos Rushs sprite resource which can be found here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

You won't have anymore errors putting in sprites :) the backs and Shinies work as well

~DarkenedEclipse

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 6, 2016
Not sure what NSE is, but thanks. I'll look it up. And thanks for the link. I really appreciate the feedback!

Years
Goto FSF. Open up Calculator, choose scientific mode and choose Hex. Type "2D0" and click dec. That number you put into FSF where "needed bytes are". Click search beginning of rom. Than turn that 16 number into 1. Hit search. That offset will be used in UNLZ. Write to rom, check the pointers box, and insert the new offset into the image area. Click ok and it should work.

I never tested this with a Pokemon before, but I did it with the into sprite of the hero. I don't see how it'd be any different.

And by the way, when it auto aborts...DO NOT CLICK OK, click CANCEL.

What do you mean when you say FSF?

ARKA9

The evolved police dog.
Years
Hey I also have this problem, did you find out how to fix it

What will you have to consider here is that your sprite has about 28 colors in it.
You decrease the color depth to 16 colors, when you insert the sprite UNLZ gba you dont get any error.
BUT THIS WILL NOT WORK BECAUSE YOU HAVE YOUR IMAGE IN PNG FORMAT...
The png format will not provide a transparent background and ruin your ROM

So try using BITMAP format sprites.

:)

Years
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to edit the gym badges in either nse or unlz.gba such that these new badges could be used to change the original 8 in the trainer card... thanks :)

Back