• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Robot 'Love' Experiment Goes Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riveria

Ocean Breeze and River Flow...
Years
  • I thought this was really crazy/weird.

So there's this robot, I forgot his name, who's programmed to 'feel' love.
    The first test subject was a doll, which the Robot would embrace for hours. When the Robot was away from the doll, he would speak very short, but detailed inquiries of the doll.

A programming college student was training by loading new software into the Robot, and checking for malfunctions. She would do this for hours on end. One day, the Robot would not let the college student leave, and used his mechanical body to block her off. She only escaped when she frantically phoned two senior mechanics to temporarily shut down the Robot.

The creator believes this was just a minor setback, and although they might need to deactivate the Robot permanently, he and his crew will continue to find a way.
    "This was just a minor setback. One day, we will love, and be loved by Robots."

That stunned me, and it'd suck to be her, sadly.

Years
  • Sauce?
    Very difficult to believe, but with todays robotics who knows.

I want this to be for realzies so bad however hah.
    Even robots can be friend zoned. Or more accurately Robo-zoned.
    Most awkward love triangle EVER.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back