• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(NEW:Help!) Rate My Team?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
In advance, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I decided its time to beat Heart gold.
Straight to the point:
I picked Feraligtr. I completely destroyed Jhotto and Khanto gym leaders.
E4 was a bit tough, but once I figured out every gym leaders weakness, I blazed through it (Lace though....that outrage damage is bonkers)

I'm having trouble defeating the new E4 I can get past the psychic guy, but not without losing at least half my team in the process.
And then the next dude Muk completely screws me over with that Minimize + Confusion combo. Its like a slow, outrageous death.

Legendary Pokes Available:
HoOh lvl 55
Articuno lvl 50
Planning on getting MewTwo from curelean cave for collection (unless you suggest I use him)....he keeps resisting my poke balls.
If there's any legendaries you suggest I get, they are not out of my reach, but Entei and Raikou wold take time to catch.
Lots of time.

My current team:

Arcanine Lvl 47, Evolved at 38
- Life Orb
-- Bold Nature
--- Extreme Speed
--- Overheat
--- Fire Fang
--- Flamethrower

Crobat lvl 61
- Sharp Beak
-- Docile Nature
--- Air Slash
--- Confuse Ray
--- Fly
--- Sludge Bomb

Feraligtr lvl 61
- Mystic Water
-- Gentle Nature
--- Hydro Cannon
--- Dragon Claw
--- Cut
--- Surf

Raichu lvl 50
- Light Ball
-- Bashful Nature
--- Thunderbolt
--- Thunder
--- Double Team
--- Thunder Wave

Mismagius lvl 60
- Spell Tag
-- Sassy Nature
--- Psychic
--- Dark Pulse
--- Shadow Ball
--- Confuse Ray

Snorlax lvl 55
-Leftovers
-- Sassy Nature
--- Earthquake
--- Rest
--- Crunch
--- Sleep Talk

If you suggest a poke that requires trading, I can do so.

Sorry if this kind of thread is over rated. I just think its bull that I have to grind Mt. Mortar pokes just to get anywhere. Been doing it for a week and only advanced maybe 2 levels each poke.

Item suggestions, pokemon suggestions, suggest ANYTHING.
The only things I can't trade for are Legendaries, starters, or high level pokes.
Thank you in advance!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
To get through Koga's Muk, I would suggest teaching Haze to Crobat. By using this move, you could clear-up all stat changes of your opponent, including evasiveness. It could learn this move at level 45, I believe. It already seems to be above that level, though, but you should still be able to teach it by visiting a move re-learner. Also, for Raichu, you should consider replacing Thunder with either Focus Blast or Grass Knot. You'll be having more coverage that way. Light Ball only affects Pikachu, I think, so you should also replace that with with some other item. Life Orb, Choice Specs, and Choice Scarf are all good options. n__n"

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
An alternative to Haze would be Taunt, which would prevent Muk and friends from inflicting you with confusion. Koga's Muk has no attacking moves, so it'll just Struggle after being Taunted. You can buy the TM for Taunt at the Celadon Department Store.

Arcanine: Replace Fire Fang with Thunder Fang if you can. It will help with Water-types. On the other hand, you could use a Sunny Day + Solar Beam combo by replacing Extreme Speed and Fire Fang.

Crobat: Roost could replace Air Slash, since you already have Fly. Something to consider.

Feraligatr: Replace Dragon Claw with Ice Fang. Ice gets 4x effectiveness on most of Lance's Pokemon, and it's good for Grass-types. Also, Return is more powerful than Cut if you have high friendship with Feraligatr, so I'd recommend using it instead.

Raichu: I agree with Peitharchia's suggestion on using Focus Blast or Grass Knot over Thunder. Grass Knot would probably be the more reliable option though, because Focus Blast has horrible accuracy. Also, I suggest replacing Double Team with Charge Beam. Charge Beam can nab you some extra oomph in power. Raichu is too fragile to use Double Team anyway.

Mismagius: Replace Dark Pulse with Calm Mind. Dark Pulse has similar coverage with Shadow Ball. By having Calm Mind, Mismagius should help you get by Will a lot easier. Psychic also has similar coverage to Shadow Ball, so it's a bit redundant to use both. Go with Thunderbolt instead. Consider using Taunt over Confuse Ray, possibly defeating the need to use Taunt on Crobat. You could use Taunt on something like Koga's Muk, then spam Calm Mind and sweep everything. Give Mismagius Leftovers, it will help recover damage taken while setting up.

Snorlax: Snorlax would be really good with Curse, but it's an egg move unfortunately. Consider Return or Body Slam over either Earthquake or Crunch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
Wow. For some reason my Android won't let me access the thread tools so that I can edit my post, so lets all pretend I said Mt. Silver and not Mt. Mortar.

There's also been some slight changes to my team:

Raichu is now Lvl 60,
Raichu has Charge Beam over Double Team
Raichu is now holding Magnet until I get to Battle Frontier for Choice Scarf / Specs (Hopefully they have it because I lost the one I found somehow)

Arcanine is now Lvl 50
Arcanine has Thunder Fang over Fire Fang
Instead of the Sunny Day + Solar Beam combo I was considering...Morning Glory, I think its called? That way I can keep my priority move.

Snorlax is now Lvl 56
Snorlax now has Return over Crunch

Mismagius now has Thunderbolt over Psychic

I also gained a few legendaries;
MewTwo
Lugia
Zapdos
Moltres
And Suicune

Questions:
In advance; I've already cleared out the department stores of all their tms / hms.

Where / How do I get Grass Knot?
Where / How do I get Ice Fang? Was it a move already learned by Feraligtr? Should I take it over Avalanche or Blizzard?
Where / How do I get Roost?
Where / How do I get Curse?
How do I see how much friendship my Pokes have with me? I don't want to end up using Return when my Snorlax clearly hates me for waking it up.
Where / How do I obtain another Return?

Sorry for all the questions, guys/gals. I would look it up myself, but I'm running on 1-2 Mbps on my android. I only have so much patience lol.

Thank you for all the help!

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Questions:
In advance; I've already cleared out the department stores of all their tms / hms.

Where / How do I get Grass Knot?
Where / How do I get Ice Fang? Was it a move already learned by Feraligtr? Should I take it over Avalanche or Blizzard?
Where / How do I get Roost?
Where / How do I get Curse?
How do I see how much friendship my Pokes have with me? I don't want to end up using Return when my Snorlax clearly hates me for waking it up.
Where / How do I obtain another Return?

Sorry for all the questions, guys/gals. I would look it up myself, but I'm running on 1-2 Mbps on my android. I only have so much patience lol.

Thank you for all the help!

No trouble at all. :)

1. You get Grass Knot on Kanto Route 11, Northeast corner of route.

2. You reteach Ice Fang to Feraligatr by trading a Heart Scale to the Move Tutor in Blackthorn City. He's a physical attacker so Ice Fang > Blizzard. If you don't wanna go through the trouble of getting another Heart Scale, Avalanche is perfectly fine also.

3. Roost was the prize you got for beating Falkner.

4. Curse was only a TM in Gen 2. This link should help.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Curse_(move)#Learnset

5. A woman in a house near the Bicycle Shop in Goldenrod City is able to determine the friendship of the first Pokémon in the player's party. Make sure Snorlax is first in your party when you go to see her. Also, it would help grow friendship if you give it the Soothe Bell, walk with it, and keep it from fainting in battle.

6. TM 27, Return, you can buy from either the Goldenrod or Celedon Department Stores for 1,000 pokedollars.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Oh, my statement about Curse was just a sidenote. It's only available via egg or event (source). You'd have to breed a new Munchlax in order to get it, so it's probably not worth it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
So in order to get a munchlax / snorlax with curse, I have to breed it with a Poke that already knows curse. That's honestly sounds simple enough, but HOW do I breed, say, my snorelax with one of the slowpoke family? Do I just stick them in day care and stare at them for a few hours?

Thank you so much for all the locations. I can't obtain another Roost and for some reason I don't still have mine, even though I never through out my tms unless they're in the stores. Oh well.

The only question I have remaining is this;
During battle, almost every battle, before I choose from my 4 options, (fight, bag, ect.) In the upper left are my poke balls, and some of them shake. What does this mean? I thought it meant that Poke is effective against what I'm fighting, but I'm not sure.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
So in order to get a munchlax / snorlax with curse, I have to breed it with a Poke that already knows curse. That's honestly sounds simple enough, but HOW do I breed, say, my snorelax with one of the slowpoke family? Do I just stick them in day care and stare at them for a few hours?
Have a male Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking w/ Curse breed with a female Snorlax. To get them to breed, just bike around until you get an egg.

The only question I have remaining is this;
During battle, almost every battle, before I choose from my 4 options, (fight, bag, ect.) In the upper left are my poke balls, and some of them shake. What does this mean? I thought it meant that Poke is effective against what I'm fighting, but I'm not sure.
I'm pretty sure it means that the respective Pokemon are close to leveling up.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
Thanks a bunch for all the replies. In around an hour, I had a lvl 1 Snorlax with curse, and all my other pokes are set. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Back