• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#9 - mzmingle vs. legendarypokemon

Whose sprite do you vote for?

• mzmingle

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • legendarypokemon

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pixel Art Duel #9
mzmingle vs. legendarypokemon

Introduction

Welcome! This thread is to vote for who you think should win this duel.
Whose pixels are more impressive than the others? You decide!

Rules

1. No voting for yourself.
2. When voting, you must include comments on why you voted for the specific sprite. Criticism is appreciated as well. Don't forget to use the poll!
3. Don't be harsh on sprites, this is for fun after all!

Contestants

Theme: Water Absorption
The task is to fuse three pure water-type Pokémon. Try to vote on the quality of the fusion, don't forget about colour and shading consistency, etc.

mzmingle's fusion:
23i6ypj.gif

Poliwag, Vaporeon and Feraligatr

legendarypokemon's fusion:
IxKUP.png

Croconaw, Wartortle and Mudkip

Have fun!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I voted for legendarypokemon because in my opinion, it flows more. While I do think the outlines are a bit strange at some points, I like the ideas you came up with, and it looks realistic. mzmingles is pretty cute (IDK XD I thought so), but it doesn't flow as well, and looks a bit muddled, and some parts look a bit forced. A good attempt by both of you though. :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If mzmingle's had a more consistent face (the mouth and eyes aligned better), it would get my vote 100%, as I like the design of the body, tail and head-fin-thing. The colours flow well and it looks reasonably cute. The face, however, is really off-putting, unfortunately.

With regards to legendaryfusion's, everything seems to 'work', so to speak. It's more colourful, and the head-fin/'wings'/tail combo has a nice edge to it. I agree with Retribution's comment about the outlines, but on the whole a good job. (For both, that is.)

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
I voted for mzmingle's sprite. Although the design wasn't as good, I feel as though the spriting was superior - for example, it followed the same pallet throughout the entire sprite. The only suggestion I would make to mzmingle's would be swapping the tail and 'head tail' around, so it would flow more.

I love LP's design, but I'm not a fan of the chosen colours or shading. The red tail just seemed out of place, and he could have chosen to stay with the original pallet (I know Croconaw has red, but it would have looked more aesthetically pleasing with a cream or blue tail).

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
mzmingle gets my vote.

Comparing the sprites as fusions, I can't help but think of how lp's sprite is too distinctive. I mean I feel like it's just a decorated croconaw of some sort, and iirc the concept of a good fusion is a result where you blend some pokemon together, making a new one that is difficult to tell apart but balanced as a sprite itself. The outlining in lp's sprite is also in bad shape, and the only flaws I currently see in mzmingle's sprite are the bad attachment of the tail/face alignment, but no lining flaws. I don't really get to whine about how colorful the sprite is, given the pokemon each one of them went and fused.

So by thin advantage, mzmingle's sprite is a better fusion, always imo. Good luck to both of you either way!

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I voted for mzmingle, it just has to flow a bit better.
legendarypokemons was a good fusion but really looked like a croconaw with some extra parts added.
mzmingles was like a new pokemon

Years
My vote goes to legendarypokemon's sprite due to the fact that it has more flow (even though it's basically a Croconaw with extra parts as Ciax stated) than the other one. However they are both well made IMO

Years
Voted for mzmingle because of the great consistency. In legendarypokemon's sprite, the outlines went all messed up like Mudkip's head part and Wartortle's tail has gone all black and jagged outlines. Although legendarypokemon's concept is generic and cool looking, mzmingle's is unique. Also I don't get why it has one arm.

Years

And the winner is...

legendarypokemon's fusion with a 2-point lead

IxKUP.png

It was a great and close duel you two, awesome job.

Until next duel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back