• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Triple Triad

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Welcome to my game. Pokémon Triple Triad. This game is completed and focusses ONLY on Triple Triad.

The reason behind this game is that someone online liked the concept of how I included it within my older games.
I made a quick game for a few people... During their time at playing this game, they requested a few things here and there. 2 scripts later. It appeared to attract attention off their friends.

Version 1:
The game is pretty self explanitary, it's all open, you can go forward or backwards, the only blocks in the road will be where there is a particular story plot you have missed it's as far as version 1 will go.

To view your cards: X or ESC
To view the bag: F8
To save: F7
To use the bicycle: F5
To move: Arrow Keys

Enjoy.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Features:
Spoiler:

Downloads:
Pokémon Triple Triad v1.4 Download
Download Triple Triad Audio

When you download the Audio folder, just drag and drop it in to the game.exe folder.
To start the game, open the Game - Pokémon Triple Triad.exe icon.
To save the game, just press "F7".

QUICK TIP:
To access the job system. If you want to discover the secrets yourself, ignore the spoiler.
Spoiler:

Have a suggestion, feel free to drop a comment or PM.

I would like to know what members here think of this idea as a game and if you would play it.

Special Thanks to Maruno with Essentials and Unknown for the original Triple Triad scripts.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Added new screenshot from the pause menu.
11%20Pause%20Menu%20PokeacuteDex%20View_zpsy8psc60q.png

This is essentially the PokéDex view.
Listing all your cards through their Species Number.
You can now also see Owned cards, this includes duplicates, so if I had 2 Weedle here, the number would've been 14 instead.
I don't know if I'm feeling the "x" sign in the line, but for now it is there.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
Yeah, looks like fun - would definitely give the game a shot if you released it. It'd be a good change of pace.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Update:
So I decided to change the way Elemental Matches work in my game.
12%20Elemental%20Match_zps4gnfawqi.png

After you've selected your cards and the match begins, you can see the board fully, like this. On it there may be an elemental symbol in one of the points on the board. There could be 2, 9 or even 0, despite it being an Elemental Match. Here you see 5 symbols, Fighting, Electric, Ghost, Dragon and Bug. They are completely random so it is possible to see 2 or more of the same element.
13%20Elemental%20Match_zpsp9ybpemj.png
16%20Elemental%20Match_zpsugxq0zo7.png

If you place a card on an element, when the card is of that element, the card will gain a boost in stats, by 1, and the stats turn green to notify you that they have risen. As you can see, my opponents Alakazam still has white numbers, which means the point this card was placed on, was non-elemental and therefore will not see a decrease or increase in stats.
14%20Elemental%20Match_zpsentzbz67.png
15%20Elemental%20Match_zpsiywmdpur.png

If you place a card on an elemental point that does not match that of your card, the stats will decrease on that card. This also applies to your opponent. You will be notified by red numbers if this is the case.

dragonsbeat

The Mega Eevee
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 8, 2017
I'd love to play this game i love triple triad please can you put a download link soon

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I shall compile a game demo and add a download in the coming days.

As it will be a demo, you will only reach the first town, to explore the realms of the game.
--FEATURES--
Unlimited matches.
A "first" job system.
Card shops to purchase booster packs.
A little look in to what type of events you will encounter during the game.
Friends meet friends.
Friends join you throughout.
Basic tournament which opens every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Meet a character from the Anime, I'll give you a hint, it's a girl and she makes a good double of Ash.
Play test a few match-ups inside the right class room, including the all improved Elementals match.

My friends haven't play tested this version yet, so it will be new to everyone.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Sounds good! Looking forward to the demo.

Well good news, a demo is almost here.

This looks freaking amazing!
I don't know about that... It's only Triple Triad but with Pokémon.
I do hope you enjoy it.

*Update*
So I finally got around to removing enough unnecessary Essentials scripts.
A download, is being uploaded, as I type.
Keep an eye on this space in the next few hours

So it was a little more troublesome than I expected, but it got done.
Download Triple Triad v1.0
Download Triple Triad Audio

Obviously you don't need the Audio files, but if you download them, just drop the audio folder in to the game folder with game.exe.
Let me know of any bugs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
I was sooo excited for this and it started perfectly (I got the first 3 matches in the hometown) but later on the game started lagging... Firstly, the bullies didn't want to fight so I had to exit the game and restart playing due to not being able to move to the next town/back to hometown. Sometimes when I went out of the houses (in Aroma city) it took me to a completely other location (once even to a different town). Lastly, I can't participate in the tournament since I have zero level 0 cards... Me and my brother were playing the game in 2 different computers and he had the same issues (+the mother didn't arrive to his place at the start).
I hope there are fixes for those problems, but otherwise, AMAZING IDEA & AMAZING GAME! :)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I was sooo excited for this and it started perfectly (I got the first 3 matches in the hometown) but later on the game started lagging... Firstly, the bullies didn't want to fight so I had to exit the game and restart playing due to not being able to move to the next town/back to hometown. Sometimes when I went out of the houses (in Aroma city) it took me to a completely other location (once even to a different town). Lastly, I can't participate in the tournament since I have zero level 0 cards... Me and my brother were playing the game in 2 different computers and he had the same issues (+the mother didn't arrive to his place at the start).
I hope there are fixes for those problems, but otherwise, AMAZING IDEA & AMAZING GAME! :)

First off. Thanks for playing.

Lag is device specific, so if you elaborate more on the areas, I can try to help you out more.

The transfer problem is only the one house that's happening in, it will be fixed in the next version though, please do not enter the very top house in Aroma Town, it's not the exiting that is the problem, it's the enterring.

You must press D+C/Enter/Space to Triad battle many trainers, including these guys. But you must help Veronica to be able to battle the bullies. Talking to many NPC's will just have a chat with them.

The Tournament is sadly broken in that town. But great news, it's fixed now, yay! The problem for this is not that you don't have any Level 0 cards (they don't actually exist in the game), the problem is related to the fact that when I started this game, I used events, text, variables and conditional branches, but as I progressed, I made scripts to do the work for me, I just never changed the beginning NPC's due to laziness (that'a teach me).

To make the mother appear, you need to do this.
Get your first Booster Pack
Talk to Prof. Oak.
Talk to Prof. Ivy.
Go to your house and she will be there.

I hope this answers many of your queries. I've changed the link in the OP to the newest version so far. Sorry for the delay.

Good luck.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
Thanks for making a game based on this game. Made me actually want to capture pokemon. I think the booster pack kind of hurts that joy. Of catching the pokemon. Maybe have a lot of safari zones. If you get 10 butterflies. You can exchange to give a butterfly power up. Lol butterflies lmao. Butter free. Dam instant fix. Maybe ripoff Yugioh storyline somehow. Anyhow I'll play this soon and thanks for creating

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Thanks for making a game based on this game. Made me actually want to capture pokemon. I think the booster pack kind of hurts that joy. Of catching the pokemon. Maybe have a lot of safari zones. If you get 10 butterflies. You can exchange to give a butterfly power up. Lol butterflies lmao. Butter free. Dam instant fix. Maybe ripoff Yugioh storyline somehow. Anyhow I'll play this soon and thanks for creating

Thanks for looking at PTT, but I think you're missing the point of this game.
I urge you to download it and play.
It's actually far from what Yugioh! is, and based on the card game in Final Fantasy 8.
Your opinions are important to me. If you have anything to add, please don't hesitate.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
I think im gonna wait for another update...the save is not working properly , it says something like courrupt save and says save failed and wants me to start a new game..... other then that, I enjoyed the game. so fix the save problems and ill def play it

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I think im gonna wait for another update...the save is not working properly , it says something like courrupt save and says save failed and wants me to start a new game..... other then that, I enjoyed the game. so fix the save problems and ill def play it

Can I have the error please.

Nevermind, I've found the error.

The problem is in the download on the main post, v1.1 has the problem. It was fixed for v1.2.

However. More good news, v1.3 has a release.
The lack of attention on this forum turns my attention to other areas where the game is more successful. My appologies.

Here is the changes and fixes logs for the past versions.
Changes/Fixes Log 9th November said:
v1.2 Changes/Fixes.
Save error.
Message box errors in some areas.
The odd occurance of an NPC using cards they shouldn't.
The odd occurance of a Pokémon cry playing twice in battle.
The odd occurance where you would pick a card after a win, but recieved a card that wasn't in play.
The win/loss count.
Known Problems.
Boosted cards don't have a cry. (you can fix this yourself, which is 100% quicker)
Changes/Fixes Log 20th November said:
v1.3 Changes/Fixes.
A few graphical problems.
A few priority problems in some areas.
Adds fireworks when finding rare cards in packs. (before the card appears, so if you see this, you're one of the lucky ones)
Adds new boosted cards.
Removes some NPC's
Removes the ability to challenge some NPC's
Changes to some maps. (if there is a change where you are standing, you can send me your save file and I will fix that for you)
Changes to the Underground quest.
Changes to the wood quest.
Changes to the stolen card quest 1.
Changes to the lost cards quest 2.
Some maps removed. (if you were standing on a removed map, you will automatically be returned home)
Some buildings are now accessible.
Some buildings have had their access revoked. (if you were standing in one of these buildings, you will automatically be returned home)
Boosted cards now play their cry. (with no additonal downloading)

I will have the link changed, within the next 24 hours.
Keep watching this space.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
thanks for the effort bro, ill def check it out this week. I love to know why that girl is following me in the first town.....that's kind of cool too....

I guess with the yugioh thing I was getting across, that there is more at stake then just losing a card game....in yugioh if you lost in some places...you go to hell, or your friend dies..... I guess that's what I was getting at...those kind of environments

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
thanks for the effort bro, ill def check it out this week. I love to know why that girl is following me in the first town.....that's kind of cool too...

I guess with the yugioh thing I was getting across, that there is more at stake then just losing a card game....in yugioh if you lost in some places...you go to hell, or your friend dies..... I guess that's what I was getting at...those kind of environments

I see what you're saying about Yugioh! It's impossible to get game over so I can't say losing will be too much of a problem.

She's your friend, she's taking a break from Pokémon battling and wants to join you in your adventures. She has a nice part in the middle of the game. She can help you during your adventure too. Just treat her nicely.

Edit:

Pokémon Triple Triad v1.3 Download

Last edited:
Back