• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with LF green team?

Years
  • Hey guys, I just registered and needed help creating a team on my Leaf Green save.
    I want it to be competitive, and while it would be nice for it to work when i play solo on my own thats not a requirment.
    I currently have about something along the lines of this:

-Venosaur (currently lvl 50)
    Nature: Adamant
    Updated Moveset Leech seed,Frenzy Plant (need to replace), Sleep powder, Razor leaf

-Blastoise currently lvl 42-my starter)
    Nature: Hasty
    Moveset at the moment: Tackle, Water gun, Surf and Bite

-Charizard (currently lvl 42)
    Nature: Bold
    Updated Moveset: Slash, Aerial Ace, BlastBurn, Flamethrower

-Golem (currently lvl 40)
    Nature: Quirky
    Move set at the moment: Rock slide,Earthquake, Rollout, Rock Throw

-Alakazam (currently lvl 41)
    Nature: Careful
    Updated Moveset : Recove (not decided on a replacement), Shockwave, Pshycic, Shadow Ball

Zapdos (lvl 50, just caught)
    Current Moveset: Thunder Wave, Agility, Detect, Drill Peck
    Planned moveset: Drill Peck, Rain Dance, Thunder, Thunder Wave.
    OR
    Snorlax (lvl 33 at the moment)
    Nature; Naughty
    Moveset at the moment: Headbutt, Yawn, Rest, Body Slam.

I still need to beat the Elite 4.
    Sorry I didn't say what moves I was thinking of using, I've not really got a clue about what would work best. It doesn't need to be super-uber-competitive, it just needs to be able to beat my friends, who will be using 50+ lvl pokemon and chances are legendaries.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    It's much more useful to team raters if you list moves, abilities, natures, EVs, and items. Considering we don't allow incomplete teams being posted, I suggest looking through this and using those movesets as reference until you get more help. Also, this should be helpful if you're just starting to learn competitive battling.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Hey guys, I just registered and needed help creating a team on my Leaf Green save.
    I want it to be competitive, and while it would be nice for it to work when i play solo on my own thats not a requirment.
    I was thinking about something along the lines of this:

-Venosaur (currently lvl 50)
    Moveset at the moment: Leech Seed, Sludge Bomb, Sleep powder, Synthesis

Venusaur really isn't an attacking Pokemon (not with moves like Tackle, anywho. Venusaur's best choice of action is to suck HP from its opponent using Leech Seed. You'll want to Sleep Powder first, then Leech Seed, then attack and heal when necessary.

-Blastoise currently lvl 42-my starter)
    Nature: Hasty
    Moveset at the moment: Tackle, Water gun, Surf and Bite

-Charizard (currently lvl 42)
    Nature: Bold
    Moveset at the moment: Wing attack, Aerial Ace, Ember, Flamethrower

-Golem (currently lvl 40)
    Nature: Quirky
    Move set at the moment: Tackle, Rock Blast, Rollout, Rock Throw

-Alakazam (currently lvl 41)
    Nature: Careful
    Moveset at the moment: Recover/Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Pshycic, Shock Wave

I think you may want more attacking variety, and this is pretty much half of Alakazam's attacking moves. I'm not sure how Recover will fare, considering Alakazam is a glass cannon and you said you will be versing legendaries. You could replace it with any of the elemental punches, but I don't think you have access to them so for now I'd suggest a Calm Mind to boost your Sp Atk.

Zapdos (need to catch)
    OR
    Snorlax (lvl 33 at the moment)
    Nature; Naughty
    Moveset at the moment: Headbutt, Yawn, Rest, Body Slam.

I still need to beat Blaine, Giovanni and the Elite 4.
    Sorry I didn't say what moves I was thinking of using, I've not really got a clue about what would work best. It doesn't need to be super-uber-competitive, it just needs to be able to beat my friends, who will be using 50+ lvl pokemon and chances are legendaries.

That's all I know, but I do know your current movesets are terrible, I'd suggest looking through serebii to find what moves each of your Pokemon learn and when.

Good Luck!

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
  • Oh wow your move sets need a lot of work :l
    Tackle really isn't a good move for everything and needs to be replaced.
    I just looked around the moves that these pokemon can learn and some old sets to form well covering sets.

Venusaur
    ~ Body Slam
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Poison Powder
    ~ Razor Leaf

Blastoise
    ~ Surf
    ~ Blizzard/Ice Beam
    ~ Body Slam
    ~ Earthquake

Charizard
    ~ Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Aerial Ace
    ~ Dragon Claw/Body Slam

Golem
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Double Edge/Strength
    ~ Brick Break/Explosion

Alakazam
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Shock Wave
    ~ Recover

Snorlax - if you want to have rest then I recommend a RestTalk set
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Double Edge/ Body Slam
    ~ Earthquake/Shadow Ball

Hope I helped ^.^

Years
  • Thanks guys, I know my current movesets are appaling, hence why I came to those who are knowledgeable for help. I still have tackle because all these pokemon are from my solo game so they just have moves they need in solo, not against another player.

One question though, how can I get body slam for venosaur? I'm looking on the internet (bulbapedia) and it says Venosaur can't learn body slam.
    And how do I get Earhquake that many times? I thought it was a reward from Giovanni once you beat him in his gym.

Last edited:

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
  • Thanks guys, I know my current movesets are appaling, hence why I came to those who are knowledgeable for help. I still have tackle because all these pokemon are from my solo game so they just have moves they need in solo, not against another player.

One question though, how can I get body slam for venosaur? I'm looking on the internet (bulbapedia) and it says Venosaur can't learn body slam.
    And how do I get Earhquake that many times? I thought it was a reward from Giovanni once you beat him in his gym.

Ah right Venu can't :L Well just find another good move.
    Golem gets it by level up and you can give earthquake to one I guess. These moves can be changed around a bit I guess :L
    Sorry forgot you couldn't get more TMs XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2012

Hm, if you are looking for a good normal type move (physical), there is of course strength to consider. While it is an HM move, it does pretty decent damage in this game and it does no recoil damage as well (unlike take down). I believe I taught my own Venusaur strength in my LeafGreen file. Your choice; however.

Back