• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Genesect Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Genesect has been announced? That's great! I don't see any mention of Canada though... Hopefully I'll still be able to get him!
    The edition in the U.S. and Canada is the same edition, the North America edition. Stand by for it on Wifi if nothing else.

Deleted Post Comment said:
    I'm complaining that it doesn't follow the Pok?dex order.
    I know, I'm waiting for Meloetta as well.

Cyclone

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'm just wondering why they would reveal a legendary Pok?mon before another legendary Pok?mon that precedes it in Pok?dex order.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm just wondering why they would reveal a legendary Pok?mon before another legendary Pok?mon that precedes it in Pok?dex order.
    Are they required to do it in the expected order? They probably wanted to do Genesect first, quite simply because it's only going to be made available to B2/W2 and they are going to promo the living snot out of their new game. Later on, when Meloetta becomes available, I'm sure it will be made available to B/W as well. At least, something I saw suggested they planned to. Genesect's event may be coded to only work with B2/W2 and not making it available to the older game makes perfect sense from a sales generation standpoint. (Of course, those not wanting the sequel will then offer great trades for one in B/W...)

Even with the Keldeo event, however, the details of the event provided by the device used by EB/Gamestop said that you could use it in B2/W2. It never mentioned anything about the original games, which is what I downloaded it to.

Cyclone

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    At least I downloaded the Japanese Genesect event while it was available.

homerowed said:
    Releasing Meloetta later gives them a chance to promote the next movie.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The event itself still fits in B2W2 because it's the game it can only be obtained on, because you'll have to trade back otherwise, however... since it -is- here you can also discuss why you thought it wasn't an event just for B/W, because Genesect's release over wifi fits into B2W2 because that's where it's really happening. :(

But yeah I think it wasn't really an event because there was just too little time to be able to put Genesect out over wifi before B2W2's release. tbh if B2W2 didn't exist it'd probably be an event just for the third game (at once!) and B/W by now really.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2012
    Could somebody help me with this download? Is there a certain point in the game you need to be to, or a certain place you need to download this from? Because my Mystery Gift says it can't find anything to be downloaded. :(

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • Could somebody help me with this download? Is there a certain point in the game you need to be to, or a certain place you need to download this from? Because my Mystery Gift says it can't find anything to be downloaded. :(

The reason you cant get it is because its for BW2 not the first games, it prevents people from being able to get 2 copies of the pokemon if they have both games.
    Sorry but if you want it you will need to get BW2

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    I really like the look of Genesect, but is it any good? I find that some of these event Pokemon can be a little crappy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2012
    The reason you cant get it is because its for BW2 not the first games, it prevents people from being able to get 2 copies of the pokemon if they have both games.
    Sorry but if you want it you will need to get BW2

Actually, I just got my pre-order for Black 2 in the mail yesterday and that is what I tried downloading it to. Any other ideas?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really like the look of Genesect, but is it any good? I find that some of these event Pokemon can be a little crappy.

Best to ask in Black and White's Quick Questions at the top of B/W. For reference though, it is OU (OverUsed tier) which does somewhat attest to how good it is.

Actually, I just got my pre-order for Black 2 in the mail yesterday and that is what I tried downloading it to. Any other ideas?

I dunno, it worked for me and I'm in Australia so it may not be entirely international (as soon as you have a save file you can download it, so there's nothing you need to reach). Either way, Black 2 and White 2's Quick Questions will help you out with getting Genesect.

Nevertheless, I see more questions along these lines and since the event can't actually be downloaded in B/W - and since people aren't discussing why they think it wasn't in B/W as suggested (and the fact that it's confusing people with it being here), imma lock this. Feel free to remake a new Genesect event thread in B2W2 considering the event in particular really didn't fit here in the first place.
    EkvQs.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back