• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Man charged for trick-or-treat cocaine bags

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
  • Police in northern England were called to investigate this week after children who were out trick-or-treating for Halloween were given small snap-top bags of what turned out to be cocaine.

The bags, containing white powder, were given to police after they were handed to the children Wednesday evening in the small town of Royton, Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.

Testing confirmed that they contained cocaine, and a man was arrested.

Donald Junior Green, 23, has been charged with drug possession and is due before a magistrates' court in Oldham, near Manchester, on Friday.

A 21-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of drug possession and was later released without charge, police said.

Police Superintendent Catherine Hankinson said: "The parents and police acted quickly when this report was made, in the interests of public safety.

"We understand this to be an isolated incident."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/02/world/europe/uk-halloween-cocaine-arrest/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2

Trick or Treat? More like Trick and Treat.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • I don't understand why someone would give away drugs. Unless it's unintentional of course. Don't people pay a lot for that sort of stuff?

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    I don't understand why someone would give away drugs. Unless it's unintentional of course. Don't people pay a lot for that sort of stuff?

Yeah, cocaine is one of the most expensive drugs there are. It was probably cut a lot. You would have to be pretty tweaked out to just give cocaine away now that I think of it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Well it's Halloween... what's scarier than giving drugs to kids? Seems like this guy was doing it right to me.

Also, he was being incredibly generous. It would take a lot of candy to reach the value of a bag of blow.

Years
  • no offense but I don't really see why this is thread worthy... I mean it's awful and all but that's obvious and taken for granted and there isn't really too much to discuss about this

Years
  • My god, what an idiot!
    What a waste! Does he realise how much one of those little bags would cost? Not to mention the risk associated with giving small children drugs, as he already found out.

-Note to self- Go trick-or-treating in Royton, Greater Manchester.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    I can just imagine.... Mommy look what i found! its pixie dust outside the pixie sticks!

thats almost worse than people using food stamps to buy guns, alchohol,and even cars.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    ...Why is it that almost every one of the replies to this thread involves the price of cocaine?

If I understand correctly, it was an accident. Yes, he shouldn't have had it in the first place. But if it was unintentional, then why get mad at him? Especially because it's not like he's going to go looking at a forum full of teenagers and adults that play Pokemon to see opinions on himself.

But, yeah...it was stupid of him.
    At least none of the trick-or-treaters recognized it and decided to try it, though.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I ironically find this funny in a way. I mean it's bad to promote or give drugs to childern but the way he did it just get's me. A bag of blow usually costs about $60 for a gram so that's a lot of cash he was wasting on giving it to childern. I personally think he's stupid for buying cocaine in the first place, but giving it to children is another thing. Intentional or accident it's still wrong. If he was giving it out on purpose then it was most likely cut with baking powder or sugar so it wouldn't be a huge loss but still a good amount. Wow, what a treat for a little kid, go ahead put some lines on the table and snort it. Wow, just WOW.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I ironically find this funny in a way. I mean it's bad to promote or give drugs to childern but the way he did it just get's me. A bag of blow usually costs about $60 for a gram so that's a lot of cash he was wasting on giving it to childern. I personally think he's stupid for buying cocaine in the first place, but giving it to children is another thing. Intentional or accident it's still wrong. If he was giving it out on purpose then it was most likely cut with baking powder or sugar so it wouldn't be a huge loss but still a good amount. Wow, what a treat for a little kid, go ahead put some lines on the table and snort it. Wow, just WOW.
    I guess it is a bit funny how much money he lost. Also makes me wonder...if it was accidental, then how much was it cut? I can imagine a kid eating some, thinking that it's sugar. Does anyone know if any children actually used it in any way (I imagine most kids of trick or treating age might not recognize what it is)?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I guess it is a bit funny how much money he lost. Also makes me wonder...if it was accidental, then how much was it cut? I can imagine a kid eating some, thinking that it's sugar. Does anyone know if any children actually used it in any way (I imagine most kids of trick or treating age might not recognize what it is)?

Actually, if it was accidental then it most likely wasn't cut, but from my understanding it's hard to find 100% legit cocaine. But if he intentionlly gave it to them, then he most likely cut it with baking powder or sugar. Most cocaine sold on the streets is actually cut with baking powder so that would be my guess as to what he put in it. Sometimes cocaine has both cut with it. But to answer your question if he indeed did cut it then it was somewhere between 10-40% product and 60-90% baking powder or sugar.

Depending on the age group would determine whether they knew what it was or not. Usually parent's of toddlers go through they're bag full of treats to be safe. So the parents would of found it before they're child would of got ahold of it. A toddler most likely doesn't know what cocaine is and I doubt lots of children age 5-10 know what cocaine is or what it looks like. But if any of the parent's didn't go through they're toddlers bags then they may have ate some and went to they're mom or dad because it didn't taste like candy. Little kids know what candy taste like. But trick or treaters ages 12-14 most likely spotted what it was, and reported it to they're parents... I hope at least. No one should be doing cocaine in the first place, and if it was intentional then he should be making cell mate friends. Either way he should get locked up imo.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
    Years
  • Now I've heard of poisoning candy, and razors in candy, but cocaine?

Why on earth would someone go through the trouble of buying all that cocaine, JUST to hand it out to (possibly) small children? It kind of sounds like the guy is giving them a gift almost. That's like what? $40 - $80 dollars of cocaine in each bag? (I have no clue what the price is XD) They should be praising the man if not for the fact that it was a dangerous drug. <_>

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Actually, if it was accidental then it most likely wasn't cut, but from my understanding it's hard to find 100% legit cocaine. But if he intentionlly gave it to them, then he most likely cut it with baking powder or sugar. Most cocaine sold on the streets is actually cut with baking powder so that would be my guess as to what he put in it. Sometimes cocaine has both cut with it. But to answer your question if he indeed did cut it then it was somewhere between 10-40% product and 60-90% baking powder or sugar.

Depending on the age group would determine whether they knew what it was or not. Usually parent's of toddlers go through they're bag full of treats to be safe. So the parents would of found it before they're child would of got ahold of it. A toddler most likely doesn't know what cocaine is and I doubt lots of children age 5-10 know what cocaine is or what it looks like. But if any of the parent's didn't go through they're toddlers bags then they may have ate some and went to they're mom or dad because it didn't taste like candy. Little kids know what candy taste like. But trick or treaters ages 12-14 most likely spotted what it was, and reported it to they're parents... I hope at least. No one should be doing cocaine in the first place, and if it was intentional then he should be making cell mate friends. Either way he should get locked up imo.
    Yeah, I know (but wasn't aware of specific percentages).

Well, I think I knew what it is when I was 10. That could just be my odd family, though. But I wonder if any of the "older" trick or treaters actually tried using it after he gave it to them. The younger ones of course wouldn't know what it is and would either eat it or ask a parent what it is.

If it was accidental, then he still would get in trouble for drug possession. But I don't think he should be punished if it was genuinely unintentional. If it was on purpose, then I agree that he should be locked up for it.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • If it was accidental, then he still would get in trouble for drug possession. But I don't think he should be punished if it was genuinely unintentional. If it was on purpose, then I agree that he should be locked up for it.

He should get a small punishment for drug possession, but it really depends on the quantity he had. If he's got like a half pound of it, he's goin away for a year or longer. If it was purpose he should be going away for a long time.

I'm sure at least 1 person age 12-15 or whatever the max age is was curios about coke and tried it. I really hope none of them tried it but there are those ones that are curious. If they did try it, then I hope they don't continue doing it.

Pizzey

Shutter-Shaded Minccino
    Years
  • Damn, imagine all the candy you coulda got instead of cocaine D:

"I went trick or treating and all I got was this bag of coke"

Back