• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Scribe

Sunbean

Breeeeeder
Years
  • Main thread: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16277

greed.png

This is an RMXP fanmade Pokemon game made with Pokemon Essentials.

Story

Spoiler:

Characters

Spoiler:

Features/Non-Features

Spoiler:

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Version 1 Progress

Spoiler:

Credits

Spoiler:

This is my first time working on an RMXP game, so I'm looking for some assistance. I can handle most spriting and scripts just fine but am looking for anyone with some knowledge of mapping/spriting/scripting to help me out. If anyone would like to contribute, let me know!​

Last edited:

Senyu

Pokemon Exordium Creator
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2018
    Looking noice. I'm assuming this game is more story based?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Wow, this looks really unique. And the protagonist options look really nice!
    Good luck on this!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    The Xtranceiver artworks look great. It was a good move to use existing gamefreak character art and edit them into new characters; they look very authentic.

Sunbean

Breeeeeder
    Years
  • The Xtranceiver artworks look great. It was a good move to use existing gamefreak character art and edit them into new characters; they look very authentic.

Thanks! Yes, I could have tried making them from sctratch but my ability isn't good enough to match the game's art style. :P

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
    Years
  • The screenshots look wonderful, you've made great use of the Black/White tileset. The story's also looking nice, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this game shapes up to be.

Just wondering though, isn't the following Pokémon script really buggy, because I know other fan games use it, but I'm aware that there are some serious game-breaking bugs (e.g. surfing on following Pokémon between maps).

Sunbean

Breeeeeder
    Years
  • The screenshots look wonderful, you've made great use of the Black/White tileset. The story's also looking nice, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this game shapes up to be.

Just wondering though, isn't the following Pokémon script really buggy, because I know other fan games use it, but I'm aware that there are some serious game-breaking bugs (e.g. surfing on following Pokémon between maps).

Thanks! Yes, there are some minor and major bugs with the script, but most have fixes and workarounds. I will deal with them as they come, but so far I haven't come across anything game-breaking. If it comes down to it, though, I can remove the feature as its not essential. :)

Sunbean

Breeeeeder
    Years
  • Say no more, you have my full support now.

But seriously, loving the concepts and what screenshots you have so far, and the "No Pokemon, just our fists!" line gave me a good chuckle. I'll be sure to keep tabs on this project and see how it advances. :)

Thanks! :)

____

A general update, I posted an alpha on the game's main forum and we've finished the first round of testing. If anyone wants to help with the second round, I'll extend the offer here as well. Just send me a message via PM and I will link you to it.

Keep in mind that the alpha only extends through the first town and route. It's really more of an engine test than anything.

TheWanap

Developing: Pokemon: Cursed Time
    Years
  • Ayy this is looking great so far!
    if you need a mapper, feel free to ask me (prefer skype for much faster reply: wanap.private) :)

Last edited:

Sunbean

Breeeeeder
    Years
  • Hello all! Just an update to let you know I'll be streaming production of Scribe Friday at 8 or 9pm EST. If you have any questions or just want to watch me play through it some, be sure to tune in. I'll have a link up on that date.

Also, a general reminder, the alpha is available for anyone who requests it at this point. Both rounds of testing are completely finished. :)

Back