• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfic HELP!

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
  • I have been starting to get into Pokemon Fanfic, but that's just the problem... I start a Fanfic, but then lose interest in it. Sometimes because i have no-more ideas and sometimes because an idea for a better story comes along.
    I just really need help in sticking with one GOOD Fanfic and seeing it through til the end.

Now tell me, should i write a:

Journey Fanfic?
    Romance Fanfic?
    Adventure Fanfic?

I have got a few ideas for each one of them and each one would be in a different region.

Journey - Kanto/Johto
    Romance - Sinnoh
    Adventure - Hoenn

The Journey one would obviously be a Journey, nothing really complicated about that.
    The Romance one would be a love-triangle kind of situation (a bit like Snowbound).
    The Adventure one would be set 40-50 years after the events in Pokemon R/S/E, the main character being Brendan's grandson.

I'd just like to know your opinion on what i should write. What type of Fanfic have you been looking for, but can't seem to find.
    If you have some ideas for a Fanfic let me know...

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I have been starting to get into Pokemon Fanfic, but that's just the problem... I start a Fanfic, but then lose interest in it. Sometimes because i have no-more ideas and sometimes because an idea for a better story comes along.
    I just really need help in sticking with one GOOD Fanfic and seeing it through til the end.

Now tell me, should i write a:

Journey Fanfic?
    Romance Fanfic?
    Adventure Fanfic?

I have got a few ideas for each one of them and each one would be in a different region.

Journey - Kanto/Johto
    Romance - Sinnoh
    Adventure - Hoenn

The Journey one would obviously be a Journey, nothing really complicated about that.
    The Romance one would be a love-triangle kind of situation (a bit like Snowbound).
    The Adventure one would be set 40-50 years after the events in Pokemon R/S/E, the main character being Brendan's grandson.

I'd just like to know your opinion on what i should write. What type of Fanfic have you been looking for, but can't seem to find.
    If you have some ideas for a Fanfic let me know...

I know the pain you feel. I have a few good ideas for fanfiction too.
    One of them was a Romance inspired by Snowbound, but like you, I want to stick to one - so I am doing a sort of combo Romance and Journey - but mostly Journey.

I think you should do a Romance Fic, like Snowbound. Most of the readers in the Fan Fiction section are "starved" for romance fics. I myself am I prominent reader. Like an fic, there is always time in between chapters, so for the more "starved" of us, it would be good to have another "Snowbound" to read.

Next I would say Journey fic - just because they are pretty simple. Make sure you have a pretty good idea of your plot before you go jumping into that.

I know what Adventure fics are, and I don't like them as much as the other two types.

Oh and if you wouldn't mind, can you give me some advice on characters? My thread is a couple below yours.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I have also had this problem. I almost duped "this is home" but when it started to get reviews and they were good that, alone inspired me.

I would have to say that in order to have a story that you want to write about, you need to have a complicated plot. If your readers cant guess whats going to happen then they will probably come back.

Now to my advice: write all of them in one story. That way you would have a complicated plot with many possible plot twists as well as other things that could keep you busy for months.

If you lost interest try reading it. If that doesn't work, just start thinking about what is going to happen next.

This usually works for me.

Back