• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Ranch

Years
  • Has anyone downloaded this game on WiiWare? Is it worth it? I wasn't exactly sure if this was the right place to post this, but I want to know what the PokeCommunity thinks. I would really like to get Mew and Phione, but I'm not sure if it will work for me as I only have one copy of Diamond and one copy of SoulSilver which is not compatible with the game. Does anyone know if I would be able to transfer a bunch of pokemon from SoulSilver to Diamond and then to My Pokemon Ranch, and then be able to retrieve them back to my Diamond cartridge? Any help would be awesome. Thank you.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Right first of all I loved this simulation. I wouldn't call it a game. I would say it was worth it that I loved uploading my pokemon and getting new rewards and completing my collection.

Its not worth it because it accepts only diamond and pearl and you HAVE to keep your save file otherwise you can never retrieve them. And you can trade with Sinnoh and Johto I THINK, do not quote me on that.

To be honest, with all the new games I wouldn't get it since barely anything is compatible with it, I mean, Platinum isn't even compatible with it. I already have it but if I didn't I would not buy it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I haven't actually played My Pokemon Ranch, but from what I've seen it looks to be a glorified Pokemon Box.

It gets my demerit however for introducing the chibi toy Pokemon designs which would; uncomfortable; be used in other games.

Mpr_platinumscreen.jpg

Chibi Giratina looks soo bad. :/

Years
  • Thanks for the input. I want it for the rare Pokemon, mostly. It would be nice to have a storage facility for my pokemon, as I'm planning to eventually complete the pokedex for DPPtHGSS. I don't plan to restart my Diamond file at all. It's only 1000 points so it's not like it's a huge expense. I just want to make sure I can send my pokemon caught in SoulSilver to Diamond and then to MPR, and then retrieve them again on Diamond. I've heard that each pokemon is locked to a specific save file on each specific cartridge, so I know I won't be able to just use it as a catch-all dumping ground for my pokemon. I have also heard that it is possible with Action Replay to clone the data from a save file (trainer ID, user name, etc) to make transferring the pokemon easier, but I'm not sure if I will be able to utilize that as I only have a single copy of Diamond. I may purchase a copy of Pearl for enhanced use of this title if I download it. Not sure yet, I'm just debating on what to do. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    I bought the game fully knowing what I was getting into - a legitimate way to catch Mew. It's basically a glorified screen saver that isn't pretty enough to warrant whatever the price of whatever amount of electricity your TV consumes. The graphics are very debatable, to me they just feel cheap and lazy. Gameplay-wise it doesn't offer much -- or anything for that matter.

I suppose some people may get some enjoyment out of watching their Pokémon roaming in fully-rendered 3D. For everyone else it's basically 10$ and a lot of time spent to get one or more Mew and possibly Phione.

Years
  • I did end up buying it a couple days ago. It's cute, and it does help to give me little mini-goals for completing my pokedex, and if I ever get sick of it I just remember that Mew and Phione are in my future. I do like the little animations when you shake the WiiMote.

Back