• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Pokemon TCG Trade Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ088

It's been so long!
Years
  • Hey there.

I know there is a Trade Corner for the Wi Fi section, but maybe a Trade section for the Trading Card Game would be good also. Give people the chance to post certain cards they may want to trade, need, want to get rid of, giveaway, etc...

What do you think?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I don't think people would be open to this as well there would be the factor of giving out real life adresses names and stuff. While some people might be open to it others would be paranoid as its the internet and all.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, I think the main reason we don't have something like that is... it's one thing to scam someone over virtual pieces of data on wifi or something. It's another entirely to swindle real possessions. We don't want to have to moderate and deal with issues from something like that so we just don't allow it period. There are plenty of other sites that will deal in trading and selling cards but that's not something we want to be a part of.

patch.

listen what I say, oh
    Years
  • Yeah, I think the main reason we don't have something like that is... it's one thing to scam someone over virtual pieces of data on wifi or something. It's another entirely to swindle real possessions. We don't want to have to moderate and deal with issues from something like that so we just don't allow it period. There are plenty of other sites that will deal in trading and selling cards but that's not something we want to be a part of.

Surely, just to say, the 'victims' of the scam were surely aware of the risks before committing themselves to said trading forum? I honestly in no way support this forum nor would I ever consider it a use, but you're making it seem as though any 'victim' of a card trading forum is completely innocent. It's more a, "if-you-use-this-you-should-accept-the-risks" more than a "if-you-get-scammed-come-cry-to-us".

Cherrim

Years
  • Yeah but people have entitlement issues on the internet. ;( Whether we had it in the rules in fine print or in REALLY BIG HUGE RAINBOW SPARKLY BOLD LETTERS, people would try to shift the blame on us regardless of how obvious our "you are responsible for your own transactions" rule was. Honestly, it just wouldn't be worth it for the few bad transactions that go through.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Not to mention any lawsuits that could arise if say a child were to unknowingly give out their address and then get kidnapped or something.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • Hey there.

I know there is a Trade Corner for the Wi Fi section, but maybe a Trade section for the Trading Card Game would be good also. Give people the chance to post certain cards they may want to trade, need, want to get rid of, giveaway, etc...

What do you think?

how would we apply to this anyway?. This is pretty pointless though, so I say no to this idea.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I said it to another idea similar to this just a few months ago.

It's a nice thought, but no. We have other sites for the selling and trading of cards. Hell, in large, bold letters in the rules, it says NO SELLING OR TRADING OF CARDS HERE. Obviously, that should've been enough to throw someone off from asking this question. Perhaps it's not doing it's job.​

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years

• how would we apply to this anyway?. This is pretty pointless though, so I say no to this idea.

That has to be the stupidest comment EVER. It's self explanatory how it applies. Pointless, I think not?

On the subject of giving out addresses and what not, yeah that can be an issue but for those that DO trade over the internet, it's not an issue for them. If people have qualms with that, well they don't need to do it - quite simple.

But yes, the rules say no trading or selling cards, so that's my fault for not remembering.

Cheers.

Cherrim

Years
  • Don't feel bad for bringing it up--we do have a good reason for not allowing that kind of thing so while we're usually open to many suggestions, this just happens to be one we're pretty firm on avoiding. :p

I'mma close this now to avoid any more, well, unneeded comments.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back