• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Poke/Human Ship Manifesto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Pokemon are clearly attracted to species outside their own. In case you haven't realized (don't worry, you're not alone), "Pokemon" is not a species. "Pikachu" is a species. "Swalot" is a species. Get my drift?

Also:

Pokemon =/= non-human animals here on earth.
    - Non-human animals here on earth have no concept of romance. Many species do have courtship rituals and care for their mates, but they do not ever have crushes or flirt or feel depressed because their mate "dumped" them. Hey, all that matters to them is passing on their genes.
    - Humans, one the other hand, like their silly little romances with blushes, crushes, flirting, the whole kit and caboodle that has absolutely nothing to do with ensuring one's reproductive success. And, because they are much more mentally complex than most people remember to give them credit for, Pokemon like the frivolity of romance as well, even Pokemon in the games! (Yellow version Pikachu & the Fan Club Clefairy, anyone?)

Which means:

Pokemon x human pairings =/= bestiality (or zoophilia or whatever ya wanna call it). A human and a Pokemon are capable of being together in a relationship where both of them feel real, deep, romantic love and affection for each other, not just sexual lust. Poke/human relationships DO NOT default to the human being a zoophiliac perv or the Pokemon's sexual instincts causing him/her/it to screw everything in sight. That's not to say a Poke-human relationship could never be a disgusting one based on lust alone, because lots of human x human relationships are often just that. This is just to say that the typical reaction of "Eww, BESTIALITY!!!!" to any mention of Poke/human pairings is just...imbecilic, and highly condescending toward Pokemon.

In case I *STILL* haven't gotten my point across, let me put it this way:
    A human and a Pokemon being in love with each other is NOT the same as you being in love with the terrier in heat that is humping your leg, n'kay?

Official Canon proof of the plausibilty of Poke/Human romance:

Anime:
    Latias and Ash
    Meowth and Cassandra, the girl w/the Paras
    Golduck and all the girls in the ep where Psyduck's tail glows pink
    Chikorita/Bayleef and Ash
    Lokoko (Ninetales) and Brock

Manga:
    MPJ Squirtle and Almond
    MPJ Danerina (Bulbasaur) and Pistachio
    MPJ Chikorita and Pistachio

Cybex Mewtwo

Someone's angry. :/
    Years
  • What you say is possibly true and most likely is. But look at the wolf in real life. They, although are animals, show love. If two wolves pair up, they remain paired. And if one of them dies, the other will remain alone because they grieve. They will never partner up with another wolf for as long as they live (darn you Animal Planet...). And as for the whole 'Human/Pokemon Hook-up' thing...that would be weird...

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • Yes, as in the animal world, many animals mate for life. I find that quite fascinating, it shows that animals truly have minds of their own. They choose a partner and stick with that partner for as long as they both shall live.

People can be the same. We fall in love and cherish our time together with the person that we hold dear. But should something happen to that person, they die or something, sometimes people find someone else to love. While others never fall in love again because of their previous parter whom they held dear.

As for Pokemon and people...in the anime it's kind of cute. XD I know that the producers of the show would never have a Pokemon and human fall desperately in love or anything, but... o.O; I think it is more of a "friend to friend" relationship, so to speak. With the exception of Meowth...he's more human than most Pokemon you'd find, so...XD

~Kelsey

The Incarnation Pokemon

LeagueSlash Fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2008
    Cybex Mewtwo said:
    What you say is possibly true and most likely is. But look at the wolf in real life. They, although are animals, show love. If two wolves pair up, they remain paired. And if one of them dies, the other will remain alone because they grieve. They will never partner up with another wolf for as long as they live (darn you Animal Planet...). And as for the whole 'Human/Pokemon Hook-up' thing...that would be weird...

Actually, that info about wolves is false. Wolves have been documented to take new mates if their old ones die, just not as frequently as, say, rabbits. And I conceded that non-human animals can be devoted to their mates, but you won't see them behaving as humans do when in love, whereas you see Pokemon in love engaging in behaviors that are generally considered to be exclusively human. And I don't think it would be weird for Pokemon and humans to be in love with each other. People need to get away from that "Pokemon are animals" mindset, they really do.

And regarding Typhlosion's comment: My argument isn't about whether Poke/human couples would actually happen in the TV show or any other canon, it's about the plausibility of Poke/human couples in general, and how it isn't the nasty, disgusting bestiality that most people instantaneously assume it is. Because, as you noted, Pokemon can be quite "human", with Meowth as the best example. But almost all Pokemon (especially in the TV show and the mangas) exhibit a mental and emotional complexity not found in non-human animals in our world.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • (Can't be motivated to read all about the wolves above -_-, so...)
    Wally and Gardevoir I guess. Well at least from fanart.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Ooh, Gardevoir and Wally is extra "juicy" 'cause they're both males (even though people always draw Gardy as a humanoid female... it's not even in the humanshapoe group. If anything, it's a spirit, but that's a whole 'nother argument).

I do agree with the Pokemon not equaling animals though. They have complex personalities and are quite sentient. And when a trainer is by himself for months on end with only his Pokemon for companionship, they're bound to develope strong affection for eachother. I mean, people in real life love animals without having to do anything sexual with them. Imagine having an animal that actually comprehended what you said and feel (sorry but dogs don't understand sentences).

Years
  • Tch. I could tell ya a few things about Charizards an' Ninetales an' my attraction ta 'em here...
    Eh, who's ta blame me from likin' 'em the way I do? ^_^
    Bah, depends on the individual actually an' tha kind of beauty they see in pkmn an' tha kind of relationship they have with 'em.
    Tch. I know what my relationship with those two would be like. XD

Housyasei-san

lalala
    Years
  • Gah, I wish those japanese(or whoever) aren't so bias on Garde's gender.

"OMG Wally's Gardevoir is MALE? Through the power of Fanart I will make him a her!!And then we can have the confidence to draw bf/gf pictures!! kekekekeke" And many people followed suite.

Since most Pokemon are smarter then your average real life animal, sure they can have deep, non-lustful, relationships.

Years
  • Bah, since pkmn are smart creatures an' fully understand what they're gettin' inta, I don't see anything wrong with it as long as they both want it. XD
    *approaches a Charizard*

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Housyasei-san said:
    Gah, I wish those japanese(or whoever) aren't so bias on Garde's gender.

"OMG Wally's Gardevoir is MALE? Through the power of Fanart I will make him a her!!And then we can have the confidence to draw bf/gf pictures!! kekekekeke" And many people followed suite.
    Well, the power of fanart is one powerful shyte... before you know it, all Gardevoir's are becoming females >_>

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2017
    im johnnyd2 from serebiiforums, *plays thread reborn*, anyway here are some pokemon/human fic ideas if anyones up to writing them.

Kanata x Grumpig, May x combusken.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back