• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error: Warps returning you to the title-screen

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    I have been hacking, as of late, FireRed as an experiment. I have encountered an utterly bizarre error.

Having made the following tweaks to the map for Oak's Laboratory:
    • Removed Map-Scripts.
    • Imserted a new map-tile script (using XSE, and advancemap) into the map.
    Attempting to access Oak's lab from Palet Town causes the game to reset back to the title-screen.

How any of this happened is simply bewildering to me. I am most thankful in advance for any advice you may offer
    ~Joey

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • That sort of error can usually be fixed by reinserting the map. In A-Map, goto 'File > Map > Save Map As' and save your Oak's Lab as a .map file. Reopen the map by selecting 'File > Map > Open'. Finally, reinsert it back into the game by selecting 'File > Map > Insert Map', replacing map 4.3 in the process. Doing that usually fixes soft crashes upon entering a map. If you're still having issues, just let us know.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    That sort of error can usually be fixed by reinserting the map. In A-Map, goto 'File > Map > Save Map As' and save your Oak's Lab as a .map file. Reopen the map by selecting 'File > Map > Open'. Finally, reinsert it back into the game by selecting 'File > Map > Insert Map', replacing map 4.3 in the process. Doing that usually fixes soft crashes upon entering a map. If you're still having issues, just let us know.

Thank you, DrFuji. I'll try that as soon as I get the time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Okay. Update.

I no longer encounter the "returning to the title-screen" error, but am instead encountering something at least as bizarre. Doing the same with the replaced Oak's Lab (4.3) map will simply give me a red screen upon accessing the map.

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder whether the FireRed ROM itself is at-fault, and I may need to use a different ROM?

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    I tried doing the precise same to a Leaf-Green ROM.

I encountered the precise same error, but the ROM would not allow me to reinsert the map.

Back