• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

whats your favorite thing about pokemon?

Years
  • I like playing the games. They're fun, and each game play is never the same. ^^;
    I like battling overall. After that, I'd say growing berries and blending them~ It's fun to get a bunch of blocks, and then feed them to the Pokemon. Then, you go to the contests. ^^

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • My favorite thing about Pokemon is probably the video games. X3 I haven't played them in a long time, but I still adore them so much - they're so fun to play. =D My favorite game that I own is probably my Emerald version. X3

~Kelsey

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I think my favourite part of pokemon is the Games of all kind, TCG, Console games, Netbattle, GBA games etc..

Mari-Ashley

http://www.ashketchum.nl
    Years
  • Erm. Everything. Basically the merchandising. I love to collect stuff. And while I don't play the card game myself, I love to collect the cards. So, basically I love the tv series and merchandising.
    And I'm not really a gamefreak, but I do love the Pokémon games, especially Mini.
    So, yeah, everything. xD

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I dabble a lot in a lot of things concering Pokemon. I love the games to death: the aspect of playing as a trainer and catching and raising Pokemon keep me coming back for more. Not only that, but I love to study the little beasts -- as in, come up with possible explanations to how they attack, why they behave the way they do, why they choose to live in certain environments, et cetera -- and the math behind the battling. In addition, I love how open it is. I can pretend to be any trainer or analzye anything in the Pokemon world. It's complex, and there's a lot to look at just in one continuum alone. (For example, if you want to imagine what happens to a character-of-the-day when Ash isn't around, you can. If you want to put together the mythology of the Pokemon world based on the games' Pokedexes, you can. Nothing's really stopping you.)

So, in other words, I'd say my favorite thing about Pokemon is the opportunities to exercise the imagination. You could probably find that in a lot of other series, but somehow, with its list of monsters and the fantastic places around them, Pokemon stands alone.

Years
  • I love how pokemon could do things that we cannot do. I love the video games too, the anime on the other hand is like the same thing over and over again.

I absolutely love cute pokemon, LOVE!

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Mostly, I love the anime and the characters in the anime. The human characters, I mean. But characters like Clair and Misty come with a package deal. I do love the Pokemon too, but I just love the characters.
    I love playing the games too, but there's nothing like watching the anime and drawing fanart.
    But I'll always love Pidgeotto, Tropius and Corphish *_*

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    I like...
    My favorite thing about pokemon is that the tv shows make it seem like ash and misty are gonna hook up, expecially with that new HOT,HOT,HOT! new outfit...​

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    Kazeto Tamashii said:
    I dabble a lot in a lot of things concering Pokemon. I love the games to death: the aspect of playing as a trainer and catching and raising Pokemon keep me coming back for more. Not only that, but I love to study the little beasts -- as in, come up with possible explanations to how they attack, why they behave the way they do, why they choose to live in certain environments, et cetera -- and the math behind the battling. In addition, I love how open it is. I can pretend to be any trainer or analzye anything in the Pokemon world. It's complex, and there's a lot to look at just in one continuum alone. (For example, if you want to imagine what happens to a character-of-the-day when Ash isn't around, you can. If you want to put together the mythology of the Pokemon world based on the games' Pokedexes, you can. Nothing's really stopping you.)

So, in other words, I'd say my favorite thing about Pokemon is the opportunities to exercise the imagination. You could probably find that in a lot of other series, but somehow, with its list of monsters and the fantastic places around them, Pokemon stands alone.
    You know, you cant really have those links there, i don't think...

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    It must be its pure innocense, and childish thinking. Notice how the bad guys aren't even as bad as the school bullies in our world here?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    Kazeto Tamashii said:
    I dabble a lot in a lot of things concering Pokemon. I love the games to death: the aspect of playing as a trainer and catching and raising Pokemon keep me coming back for more. Not only that, but I love to study the little beasts -- as in, come up with possible explanations to how they attack, why they behave the way they do, why they choose to live in certain environments, et cetera -- and the math behind the battling. In addition, I love how open it is. I can pretend to be any trainer or analzye anything in the Pokemon world. It's complex, and there's a lot to look at just in one continuum alone. (For example, if you want to imagine what happens to a character-of-the-day when Ash isn't around, you can. If you want to put together the mythology of the Pokemon world based on the games' Pokedexes, you can. Nothing's really stopping you.)

I agree. You said everything I was planning to say, but better XD

I also like:

- The legendaries. I don't care that they're powerful. Instead, I'm fascinated by the stories about them, such as Ho-Oh having created the Suicune, Entei and Raikou.

- The side stories. As much as I like Ash (and I like him a lot!), his journey really doesn't interest me. So I like the side stories, like "The Birth of Mewtwo."

-The relationships. Ash's friendship with his Pokemon always makes me teary-eyed ^_^;;;

Back